Thread: We should Get rid of A-Rod

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

We should Get rid of A-Rod

We need to get rid of this guy, he is a curse and a loser. Everywhere he goes the team is a disaster. Seattle never played up to its potential until he left, Texas started clicking after he left, and we were never this bad without him.

Trade A-Rod to Houston for Morgan Ensberg. Texas is already paying half of that bloated salary I believe so the contract shouldn't be that much of an issue. We need to get rid of this guy immediatly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    are you suggesting the Yankees start a firesale?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets see the guy is putting up MVP numbers and is the best overall player in the game and is one of the only bright stars on this yankee team right now ... and you want him gone? Makes perfect sense Curses , Jinx'es or whatever are pathetic and dont mean anything, there just stupid excuses for people such as the Red Sox Nation to use as a scapegoat while they dont admit their cause for failure is because THEY SUCK !

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think we could, or rather should , trade A-Rod but I do think we need to clean house.
    1.Bernie needs to retire.
    2.Giambi should be bought out
    3.Release Kevin Brown
    4.Trade Sheffield, Mussina, Posada, Womack, Gordon, Matsui, Sierra, Jeter, and Rivera for some much needed youth/prospects.
    5. Call up Andy Phillips
    6. At the end of the year tell Joe Torre and his staff thanks for all the great years , but now were moving in a new direction. Allow them to go in dignity, and if they refuse, fire their asses! The only one worth while is Joe Girardi. Let him coach AAA for awhile. Bring in Sweet Lou as manager, promote Bucky Dent to Bench coach, and Dave Righetti as pitching coach.

Then wait 2-3 years while the young gus develop, then we have a dynasty for 6-7 yrs again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    We need to get rid of this guy, he is a curse and a loser. Everywhere he goes the team is a disaster. Seattle never played up to its potential until he left, Texas started clicking after he left, and we were never this bad without him.

Trade A-Rod to Houston for Morgan Ensberg. Texas is already paying half of that bloated salary I believe so the contract shouldn't be that much of an issue. We need to get rid of this guy immediatly.
    Are you kidding??????? Other than Jeter, he is one of the best hitters in the team. Why trade him??????????? Torre is a disaster. Steinbrenner's patience is a little short. And so is mine on 51 VILMA 51. I mean everytime he posts, it's always gotta be me. I'd rather lose 99-0 to the Cowgirls than wasting my time and posts with 51 VILMA 51.
    Last edited by JonathanVilma51; 07-02-2005 at 11:34 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ridiculous...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7
    I dont think we could, or rather should , trade A-Rod but I do think we need to clean house.
    1.Bernie needs to retire.
    2.Giambi should be bought out
    3.Release Kevin Brown
    4.Trade Sheffield, Mussina, Posada, Womack, Gordon, Matsui, Sierra, Jeter, and Rivera for some much needed youth/prospects.
    5. Call up Andy Phillips
    6. At the end of the year tell Joe Torre and his staff thanks for all the great years , but now were moving in a new direction. Allow them to go in dignity, and if they refuse, fire their asses! The only one worth while is Joe Girardi. Let him coach AAA for awhile. Bring in Sweet Lou as manager, promote Bucky Dent to Bench coach, and Dave Righetti as pitching coach.

Then wait 2-3 years while the young gus develop, then we have a dynasty for 6-7 yrs again.
    Bernie is not retiring in mid-saeson. His contract expires at season's end anyway, so he will be gone then. Giambi actually is showing a lot of solid signs lately. A lot. He may actually be coming back, or at least becoming productive. I need to see more, but it's a good start. Releasing Brown is an option, but the Yanks do not want him to go to the BoSox,or angels, or Rangers, and start to pitch well. His contract also expires at season's end, and they will let him go then.

All those guys you want to trade are highly paid, and trading them is difficult. Besides, Matsui, Jeter, and the rest, except for Womack, are all having good to excellent seasons, and are not the problem.

Andy Phillips can't hit a breaking pitch. That's why he is where he is at his age. A typical AAAA player.

Can't argue too much about the staff, but Mattingly is fine, as is Giradi. There is nothing wrong with Allen, and Torre is doing what he always has done, and his past 10 seasons in NY have not been too shabby!!

Sorry, but this post makes less then "no-sence"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper

Seattle never played up to it's potential until he left? They made 2 ALCS w/ ARod(he wasn't a starter on the '95 team as he was just called up but he played a little) and made 1 w/o him and the 2 he was a part of they lost in 6 games while the 1 w/o they lost in 5. The '01 M's overachieved before running into the Yanks and they have been on a steady decline ever since.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    Andy Phillips can't hit a breaking pitch. That's why he is where he is at his age. A typical AAAA player.

Can't argue too much about the staff, but Mattingly is fine, as is Giradi. There is nothing wrong with Allen, and Torre is doing what he always has done, and his past 10 seasons in NY have not been too shabby!!
    I would prefer Phillips over Russ Johnson but you are right, it seems that Andy has some trouble with the breaking pitch. I would have liked to give him more of an opportunity though.

I agree with all those except Torre. Mel should also be added to the list of people that need to be fired. NY hasn't been too shabby for the last 10 years because they had great teams, not because Torre is a great manager. I give him credit in 1996 when I think the Yankees needed a change of pace from their manager.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All those guys you want to trade are highly paid, and trading them is difficult. Besides, Matsui, Jeter, and the rest, except for Womack, are all having good to excellent seasons, and are not the problem.
    The guys you mention who are having good years are all 30+. Yes they are having good years which makes them good trade bait since they actually have some value. Why wait till they are over-the-hill and worthless? Do you want to wait to trade them in 2 yrs and then get guys like Redding and Mays in return? Mussina and Posada each have 1-2 yrs left in them, Sheffield will be miserable here now that we are not competitive and may have alot of value right now to a contender w a good farm system ie Cleveland, Angels, Dodgers. Matsui also can fetch us some good returns especially since hes a free agent to be (hey we can even resign him if you want). As for Rivera and Jeter , I can understand keeping them for sentimental reasons, but if we go into a full rebuild mode , maybe trading one of them wouldnt be so bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mo is the best there is. Trading him makes no sense at all.

Jeter has a bunch of years on his pact. No one is taking that on. He still has pop in his bat (11 HRs now, in less then 90 games) and is again over .300 at the plate, with on OBP in the .390 range. Among the league leaders in runs scored again, and playing a solid, albeit not stellar, SS.

Sheff to the Angels? They have a guy named Guerreo there. Cleveland won't take on that contract, and I'm not sure the Dodgers will, unless we took back a Derrick Lowe or something. No thanks. What's wrong with a guy hitting .330, with power and production (65 RBIs, .390 area in OBP).

Sorry. This team is too good to break up and give everyone away.