Thread: Yanks First Trade Occurs Today

Yanks First Trade Occurs Today

Padres Get
    Paul Quantrill

Yankees Get
    Darrell May
    Tim Redding

Veteran
    is this an actual trade that actually happened?

Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    is this an actual trade that actually happened?
    yep

May is owed 3 million+. I dont know what the Yankees were thinking taking his contract although Redding does have a little potential.

All Pro
    the yankees are also recieving cash with the deal

Quote Originally Posted by Vona41
    the yankees are also recieving cash with the deal
    thank god, they could use it

I don't understand why May didn't start yesterday against the O's instead of Sturtze. Starting Sturtze was just stupid and now we don't have our 7th inning guy for however long he'll need to rest up for. If he isn't going to start in that situation, why did we trade for him?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I don't understand why May didn't start yesterday against the O's instead of Sturtze. Starting Sturtze was just stupid and now we don't have our 7th inning guy for however long he'll need to rest up for. If he isn't going to start in that situation, why did we trade for him?

I'm betting that May will start on Saturday, and Sturtze will be OK for Thursday or Friday out of the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    I'm betting that May will start on Saturday, and Sturtze will be OK for Thursday or Friday out of the pen.
    I'd like to give him until Friday. I think the 3 days rest would be good for him.

Both of these guys stink! Thats what you usually get in return when trading a high priced , over-the-hill pitcher like Quantrill. I wouldnt expect anything from these two.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I'd like to give him until Friday. I think the 3 days rest would be good for him.
    OK, you got it!!

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7
    Both of these guys stink! Thats what you usually get in return when trading a high priced , over-the-hill pitcher like Quantrill. I wouldnt expect anything from these two.
    Actually, "anything" would be an improvement over what Quantrill gave us this year.
    Torre said on the pre-game show last night that Saturday's pitcher is not on the roster. I assummed he meant the 25 man roster. But regardless, this points to May, IMO. I can't see Henn, but you never know. I doubt it will be DePaula.