Thread: Giambino? please!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Giambino? please!

i'm sorry but i think its a shame that they give this cheasting bum a name that reflects babe ruth. he doesn't deserve to be called anything except maybe "bumbino".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer Roidino.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another John Sterling invention.

Wish he would just call the game, and leave out these nicknames.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with all posts above.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor99
    I prefer Roidino.
    ditto

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are bitter Mut fans aren't you?? First of all do you even know the orgin of the nickname "Giambino"??? I will tell you. The Orgin of the name "Giambino" is derived from former Texas Rangers SS Alex Rodriguez saying "Jason Giambi will hit more HR in Yankee Stadium then Babe Ruth"

So don't talk smack about something that you have no idea about. It wasn't the media who donned Jason as "The Giambino" it was one of the most respected players in baseball. Its more of a joke then anything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's really just not a big deal. The best Sterling call is, "And Alexander the Great has conquered again!"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    You guys are bitter Mut fans aren't you?? First of all do you even know the orgin of the nickname "Giambino"??? I will tell you. The Orgin of the name "Giambino" is derived from former Texas Rangers SS Alex Rodriguez saying "Jason Giambi will hit more HR in Yankee Stadium then Babe Ruth"

So don't talk smack about something that you have no idea about. It wasn't the media who donned Jason as "The Giambino" it was one of the most respected players in baseball. Its more of a joke then anything.

are you an idiot or are you just stupid? didn't i say that giving the man a nickname that refers to babe ruth is a shame? and then what do you do? you come on here with some worthless point about how i'm bitter and that i don't even know that the nickname refers to, none other than, babe ruth. lol. oh btw, i don't care who gave him the name, there is no way he even deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as a player of ruth's calibur.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

ARod highly respected?? You're kidding, right? Admired maybe but not respected.

Regardless, Jason hasn't lived up to the name just like Matsui is hardly Godzilla. Hideki is an awesome player, but he's no monster.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    are you an idiot or are you just stupid? didn't i say that giving the man a nickname that refers to babe ruth is a shame? and then what do you do? you come on here with some worthless point about how i'm bitter and that i don't even know that the nickname refers to, none other than, babe ruth. lol. oh btw, i don't care who gave him the name, there is no way he even deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as a player of ruth's calibur.
    ITS A JOKE YOU IDIOT!!!! The Media augmented Arod's ridiculous comment with that name!! The whole Giambino nickname is nothing but a joke. Met fans; I know you're bitter, but nobody expected Jason Giambi to be Babe Ruth.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ITS A JOKE YOU IDIOT!!!! The Media augmented Arod's ridiculous comment with that name!! The whole Giambino nickname is nothing but a joke. Met fans; I know you're bitter, but nobody expected Jason Giambi to be Babe Ruth.

bitter? lol. i dont think so. i wouldnt want giambi, so i don't see what there is to be bitter about. all i said is that its ridiculous that people are calling him giambino. i don't care if it was a joke in the beginning or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

For the record, I am a Yankee fan, for a lot longer then you have even known that there was such a thing as Baseball. So don't lump everything into "You guys are bitter Mut fans".

And, based on many of your posts, which seem to always be rants, makes one wonder about your own knowledge.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm not sure about that, I think Sterling started using that line on Giambi b/c he used to call Tino the "Bam-Tino" so he just made a slight adjustment into the "Giambino".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arod is not well respected.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeTree#55
    Arod is not well respected.
    Shade you are alive? you seemed to have gone into hiding, I wonder why?