Thread: HR Derby

Banned

HR Derby

You guys saw the Homerun Derby? It was a thriller. Bobby Abreu of the Philadelphia Phillies won.

Hall Of Fame
    Dont particulary care for the HR Derby or all star game..

Hall Of Fame
    Abreu put on a fricken show. Never saw anything like that. Reggie Jackson even said that he never saw a batting practice display like it.

I listened to parts of it. But the real problem I had was the amount of time it took. At 10 P.M., they were still in the 1st round. Ortiz batted for way over a 1/2 hour. It was like a slow death water torture.

I saw the Abreu AB where he hit 24. It looked like he might of corked his bat. It was very strange how Jimmy Rollins tapped the bat when he gave it to him, and Abreu refused Jason Bay's bat. Also I never saw the ball jump of the bat like that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    I saw the Abreu AB where he hit 24. It looked like he might of corked his bat. It was very strange how Jimmy Rollins tapped the bat when he gave it to him, and Abreu refused Jason Bay's bat. Also I never saw the ball jump of the bat like that.
    Wow. This goes right up there on the list of asinine things that you say on a regular basis.

I've seen Abreu slug some shot in the past. The man has some serious power. He never gets the ink he deserves, but he is one of the best all around players in the game.

No kidding.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    I've seen Abreu slug some shot in the past. The man has some serious power. He never gets the ink he deserves, but he is one of the best all around players in the game.

No kidding.
    Without a doubt. Abreu is what the Mets should be hoping that Beltran becomes. He is a class act, and one of the best all around players in the game. I am shocked that this cat doesn't get some serious press year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet
    Without a doubt. Abreu is what the Mets should be hoping that Beltran becomes. He is a class act, and one of the best all around players in the game. I am shocked that this cat doesn't get some serious press year in and year out.
    I agree.

He's in Philly, not KC or Milwaukee somewhere. He should be getting much more recognition then he currently receives.