Thread: Does anyone think David Wright won't be a star?

wickedtwisted

Does anyone think David Wright won't be a star?

This guy will be amazing for the Mets. He awes me every time i watch him play. What a great young player.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt about it. Your Mets got a good one here. I see a middle of the lineup power hitter with a good average, and decent OBP for many years to come.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely, except I think he plays to timidly in the field. Many times it seems like the ball plays him as opposed to him playing the ball. Also his throws can be pretty shakey at times. Hopefully this will all come around and Mets will have a Scott Rolen like player for the next 10 years at the hot corner.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10
    Absolutely, except I think he plays to timidly in the field. Many times it seems like the ball plays him as opposed to him playing the ball. Also his throws can be pretty shakey at times. Hopefully this will all come around and Mets will have a Scott Rolen like player for the next 10 years at the hot corner.
    Rolen is really a special player. Another guy who was buried in Philly, media wise, like Abreu is now-a-days. Rolen is a solid power hitter, decent average, etc. But a wiz with the leather.

Mets should be so lucky if Wright approaches Scott as a fielder. I do believe he will be at least the same, if not a better all around, offensive player.

wickedtwisted
    The thing about Wright is he hasn't even fully developed his power... Players generally (so I'm told) develop their peak power at about 25-28 age frame... Wright is 20 and looking at possible 35-40 homers in this year. I am more excited for Wright than for Reyes... Reyes really hasn't shown any power this year...