Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Leiter to join Yankees, rotation not that bad

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Leiter to join Yankees, rotation not that bad

Leiter is a nice stop gap pickup and should pitch tomorrow. Brown is back for Monday most likely and Pavano is back in 2 weeks.

The Yankee rotation for the next 2 weeks is shaping up to be...
    RJ - W Very good start for RJ
    Leiter - W Couldn't ask for anything more out of a starter
    Brown - W The bats had to win this game, that is what they are there for.
    Moose - L Moose pitched brilliantly.
    Small - W Couldn't ask for more from a spot starter
    RJ - L RJ pitched great
    Leiter - L Battled after a terrible start, kept the Yankees in the game
    Brown - L should still be in rehab, but he sucks
    Moose - W Moose pitched brilliantly again.
    OFF DAY
    RJ - W 8 IP, 11Ks, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER
    Leiter
    Brown
    Moose

... and by then Pavano will be back. We are looking at 1 more start from a scrub if Brown does come back Monday and Pavano is back in 2 weeks.

By then we will know if Wang is out for the season and if Wright can come back to be a spot starter. If either come back they replace Brown or Leiter in the rotation.

Really, this isn't nearly as bad as the doomsayers are making it out to be.
    Last edited by Bergen Jet; 07-27-2005 at 02:11 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that bad? Maybe 5 years ago. Leiter and Brown are horrible. Although Mussina impressed me with that gutsy performance thursday he still isn't anything more then a #3 starter. Randy Johnson has pitched like Pat Rapp This rotation is old, ineffective, and useless. We are 4.5 behind the Red Sox(im assuming we lose next 2 games) and the season is shot without our ace(Chinh Ming Wang)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey ripper made a intelligent post. i have to agree leiter and brown are done. mussina and RJ are your only decent pitchers. too bad its not RJ 3 years ago.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is only good for the yankees because all they are giving up is money.

if they were giving up a player, it would automatically make it a horrible trade for the yankees

Leiter Sucks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    Not that bad? Maybe 5 years ago. Leiter and Brown are horrible. Although Mussina impressed me with that gutsy performance thursday he still isn't anything more then a #3 starter. Randy Johnson has pitched like Pat Rapp This rotation is old, ineffective, and useless. We are 4.5 behind the Red Sox(im assuming we lose next 2 games) and the season is shot without our ace(Chinh Ming Wang)
    Nice assumption asshat... How did that work out?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet
    Nice assumption asshat... How did that work out?

I should bet against everything this tool says.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Addict SouthFL
    I should bet against everything this tool says.
    You would be a very rich man my friend.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    this is only good for the yankees because all they are giving up is money.

if they were giving up a player, it would automatically make it a horrible trade for the yankees

Leiter Sucks
    Yankees gave up money? They got 2.4 million of the 2.8 million left on the contract paid for by the Marlins. Leiter cost the Yankees 400 grand in salary and a player to be named later....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He pitched well in his pinstripe debut.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    6 1/3 IP, 8 Ks, 3 H, 1R, 1ER. One of the hits was a misplayed ball by Matsui that led to the only run. He was fricken awesome. Now for the pen to close this thing out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This rotation is old, ineffective, and useless. We are 4.5 behind the Red Sox(im assuming we lose next 2 games) and the season is shot without our ace(Chinh Ming Wang)
    4.5 out... 0.5 out... same thing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Leiter did a good Job tonight. Maybe he has something left in the tank. Another Band-Aid Pitcher the Yanks may want to consider is pitching for the LI Ducks.

Crawford, Paxton 8-6 3.46 15 games started,93.2IP 85Hits 44Runs 36Earned Runs 22 walks 60Ks and opponents BA.239

He was not bad with the Red Sox a few years ago but then got injured. What do you think?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a flashback looking like "Rags" in the #19 jersey lasy night... let's see if he can keep it up. A great debut.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was a great sign when he picked Rags old number. Rags is a player that Leiter always admired.

People forget one thing about Leiter. He is a fricken competitor, has always been. There is something about playing for the Yankees (or Red Sox) infront of huge crowds that certain players thrive off of. Leiter is one of those players, something Sheffield pointed out on Saturday when he found out that the Yankees got Leiter.

I think that Leiter will give us some quality starts and atleast a chance to win every time out. That is a lot more than you can say about anybody else they could have thrown out there last night.

Add in the fact that the Yankees had to give up a player to be named later AND the fact that the Marlins picked up the majority of the remaining salary made this move a no brainer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leiter's start was absolutely unbelievable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    4.5 out... 0.5 out... same thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moose is a solid #2 on almost any team, and the ace on 1/3 of the teams in Baseball. There are maybe a handful of teams where he is the #3.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was a great sign when he picked Rags old number. Rags is a player that Leiter always admired.

People forget one thing about Leiter. He is a fricken competitor, has always been. There is something about playing for the Yankees (or Red Sox) infront of huge crowds that certain players thrive off of. Leiter is one of those players, something Sheffield pointed out on Saturday when he found out that the Yankees got Leiter.

I think that Leiter will give us some quality starts and atleast a chance to win every time out. That is a lot more than you can say about anybody else they could have thrown out there last night.

Add in the fact that the Yankees had to give up a player to be named later AND the fact that the Marlins picked up the majority of the remaining salary made this move a no brainer.
    I agree with the assessment about Leiter and the competitiveness factor. Marlins were a disappointment this season, so far. Mets were out of it by August each of the last few seasons. He might be the type who needs to pitch in big games, in front of big crowds.

We may get something worthwhile here. Right now, I feel more confident with Al then with Brown or Wright.