Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At least we saw 1st place for 21 hrs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

At least we saw 1st place for 21 hrs

You suck Torre!!!!! Horrible managing, Why not Bubba Crosby in that situation?? Why put in Franklin? Tom didn't pitch yesterday wth? Why not leave in Frod, at least for the begining of the inning, and if he gets in trouble put in Franklin. This will be the last time we ever see 1st place. This is a bad baseball team, and will lose their next 5!!!!!!

Also, Arod has to go. This guy is a jinx, and I don't want him here. I blame him for this season.

Yankees are a BAD baseball team, simple as that. We're now 1.5 games back of the Red Sox(Aaron Small=automatic loss)

teams that are better then the Yankees(AL)

1. Boston Red Sox
    2. Baltimore Orioles
    3. Toronto Blue Jays
    4. Texas Rangers
    5. White Sox
    6. Oakland A's
    7 . Anaheim

SS that are better then Jeter

1. Guy from Cleveland
    2. Michael Young
    3. Jose Reyes
    4. Omar Vizquel
    5. Nomar Garciaparra
    6. Miguel Tejada
    7. Carlos Guillen
    8. guy from Milwaukee
    9. EVERYBODY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So is the season absolutely over now? I gotta know, cause I need to update the Unofficial counter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    JTR;

Weird post. None of those teams are better then the Yankees. You were pretty quiet while we took 3 of 4 from Boston, and came back to win on Monday. So cool it.

F Rod pitched 1 inning. That's really where he is most effective. Moose was cooked after 109 pitches in 6 innings, in that heat. Gordon was saved for the 9th in a save situation. Mo and Sturtze were off limits after so much use the past 5 games.

Franklin gave up 2 ground ball hits to start the frame. A few feet either way, and they are routine outs. He got the DP on a 3-0 count. He is a lefty facing Blaylock, who feasts on Righties. The only complaint would be why Torre didn't look for a different lefty in there, but he needs to save his pen for a possible extra innings.

You are so wrong there, it's not funny.

And, if I read you correctly, you wanted BUBBA TO HIT WITH 2 OUTS IN TEH 9TH? WHAT HAS HE EVER DONE TO JUSTIFY THIS SUDDEN BURST OF CONFIDENCE?

If joe would have let him hit, and kept Tino on the bench, you would have been all over that decision as well.

Get a life!! You can't complain only after losses. They were outpitched last night, plain and simple.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I disagree with getting as lathered as JTR at every loss, I do have to start wondering what purpose Wayne Franklin serves ...

Since July 4th, he has pitched 3.2 innings over 5 appearances. He has gone 0-1 surrenderd 9 hits and 2 walks for 5 earned runs...included in that mess is the fact that lefties (supposedly his "specialty") are 4 of 8 off him.

In other words, he's a very expensive JUGS machine.

I know Bernie is slow and weak-armed.
    I know Bubba can't hit consistently.
    I know Womack is a defensive gong-show act.

But for the love of God Brian please address middle relief...soon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    While I disagree with getting as lathered as JTR at every loss, I do have to start wondering what purpose Wayne Franklin serves ...

In other words, he's a very expensive JUGS machine.

But for the love of God Brian please address middle relief...soon.
    Actually, he is cheaper then a JUGS machine. Have you priced those things lately? More then the League minimum!!

What happened to Groom? He always was solid against lefties, and struggles against righties. Franklin struggles against everyone.

Getting middle relief help is not so easy. BoSox dumped Embree, who was one of their 8th inning guys last year. Steve Kline, super with the Cards last year, has struggled big time in Balt.

It just isn't easy finding guys. Hopefully, F-Rod can get the job done. That'll give us another arm, along with Tanyon, Tom, and Mo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everytime the Yankees lose, JTR posts stuff like "Yankees season is over" It's getting old. And JTR, it's not the end of the world. There is always next season.

Why don't you be a red Sox fan? You are a disgrace to all Yankees fans.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    You suck Torre!!!!! Horrible managing, Why not Bubba Crosby in that situation?? Why put in Franklin? Tom didn't pitch yesterday wth? Why not leave in Frod, at least for the begining of the inning, and if he gets in trouble put in Franklin. This will be the last time we ever see 1st place. This is a bad baseball team, and will lose their next 5!!!!!!

Also, Arod has to go. This guy is a jinx, and I don't want him here. I blame him for this season.

Yankees are a BAD baseball team, simple as that. We're now 1.5 games back of the Red Sox(Aaron Small=automatic loss)

1. Boston Red Sox
    2. Baltimore Orioles
    3. Toronto Blue Jays
    4. Texas Rangers
    5. White Sox
    6. Oakland A's
    7 . Anaheim

1. Guy from Cleveland
    2. Michael Young
    3. Jose Reyes
    4. Omar Vizquel
    5. Nomar Garciaparra
    6. Miguel Tejada
    7. Carlos Guillen
    8. guy from Milwaukee
    9. EVERYBODY
    If all those teams are better than why do the Yanks have a better record?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51
    Why don't you be a red Sox fan? You are a disgrace to all Yankees fans.

Best thing you ever said on this board.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    : This is a bad baseball team, and will lose their next 5!!!!!!

Wrong and Wrong. Does it ever fricken bother you that you are ALWAYS wrong?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet

"We don't get French benefits?!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    "We don't get French benefits?!"
    LOL. Excellent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    F Rod pitched 1 inning. That's really where he is most effective. Moose was cooked after 109 pitches in 6 innings, in that heat. Gordon was saved for the 9th in a save situation. Mo and Sturtze were off limits after so much use the past 5 games.
    Agreed with FRod since he was coming off an injury. Also good decision to not put in Moose for another inning. You are wrong about Gordon being saved for the 9th. Had Franklin walked Blalock, Gordon would have come in to face Sori for a 4 out save. THAT IS SO F*CKING STUPID!!! Gordon is better than Franklin. I don't give a sh*t about the lefty-lefty crap. I also want to add that Franklin is our worst pitcher. He should have been the last guy in it.

Franklin gave up 2 ground ball hits to start the frame. A few feet either way, and they are routine outs. He got the DP on a 3-0 count. He is a lefty facing Blaylock, who feasts on Righties. The only complaint would be why Torre didn't look for a different lefty in there, but he needs to save his pen for a possible extra innings.
    I don't care if he gave up 2 groundballs. The fact is Franklin has a long career of being a horrible pitcher. He should have been the last guy in the game. He got lucky with the DP because the guy should never have been swinging on 3-0. F*ck lefty-lefty sh*t. Franklin on his best day is much worse against leftys than Gordon on his worst day.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, he is cheaper then a JUGS machine. Have you priced those things lately? More then the League minimum!!

What happened to Groom? He always was solid against lefties, and struggles against righties. Franklin struggles against everyone.

Getting middle relief help is not so easy. BoSox dumped Embree, who was one of their 8th inning guys last year. Steve Kline, super with the Cards last year, has struggled big time in Balt.

It just isn't easy finding guys. Hopefully, F-Rod can get the job done. That'll give us another arm, along with Tanyon, Tom, and Mo.
    I like Colter Bean and Jason Anderson a lot. Alex Graman has been called up to replace Franklin and supposedly Graman has been very good as a reliever in AAA since he moved to that position. Maybe he can be our LOOGY.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will see about Graman. He has been more successful in AAA since moving to the pen, but the body of work is only a period of 3 weeks, give or take a few games. So, we shall see what he can do. But leaving him in the pen, unused, for a few days, is not what he needs. To keep a pen successful, they all need to pitch on a fairly regular basis. That's why Groom struggled last night. He was hardly used since before the All Star break.

Anderson? Can't throw strikes. I fell in love with him several years ago in Staten Island. But he was a pure power pitcher then, blowing away all hitters. You can't do that in the Majors on a regular basis. You also need to throw strikes, which he seems incapble of doing. He caught whatever infection Henn had when he was up here.

Bean? He has struggled a bit in the minors since his unreal April. He recently blew 2 save opportunities just this past week!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy I don't want to hear it JacktheRipper.

The Angels got lucky that they got a Grand Slam. The Red Sox beat the White Sox. We are behing by what, 2.5 games of the Red Sox?

I do not want to hear it JackTheRipper. I do not want to hear it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51
    The Angels got lucky that they got a Grand Slam. The Red Sox beat the White Sox. We are behing by what, 2.5 games of the Red Sox?

I do not want to hear it JackTheRipper. I do not want to hear it.
    We are behind 1.5 and 1 in the loss column.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet

Is he taking over for JonE?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's now 1 game, and tied in the loss column.

Tampa is a rotten team, but they are just under .500 against the AL East. Sweet Lou loves to play the big boys.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big series coming up against the Twins. We need to win 2 out of 3 to be sure to be in 1st or 2nd place of the WC. Luckly, we have our ace Kevin brown pitching in the series. j/k
    Last edited by Smallguy; 07-26-2005 at 01:57 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone please ban this guy? he is such a baby?

1. Boston Red Sox
    2. Baltimore Orioles
    3. Toronto Blue Jays
    4. Texas Rangers
    5. White Sox
    6. Oakland A's
    7 . Anaheim

1. Guy from Cleveland
    2. Michael Young
    3. Jose Reyes
    4. Omar Vizquel
    5. Nomar Garciaparra
    6. Miguel Tejada
    7. Carlos Guillen
    8. guy from Milwaukee
    9. EVERYBODY
    If the Jets and Yankees suck THEN WHY ARE YOU A FAN OF THOSE TEAMS IN THE FIRST PLACE????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!