Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: OT: New York Mets....

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    OT: New York Mets....

    We're back within striking distance (4.5 out, 3rd place).

    We've won four in a row and appear, once again, to be on the verge of making our move.

    Will we finally escape the conundrum we've been riding all year or are they just setting us up for more disappoinment?

    We've got the Dodgers and Rockies next. We've got to take five of these six games.

    What say you....

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're still right there in the hunt and we don't have a single everyday starter batting over .290 for the year. Wright and Floyd are the only guys we even have hitting over .280.

    If our friggin' bats could just get hot and score us some runs we will be able to make up some ground quick.

    We've been treading water while our bats were sleeping. If our bats wake up, we can be in for a very exciting last few months of the season.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets keep the Baseball talk in the Baseball forum. Thanks

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pitching has been more than you could ask for... let's see if they can beat the teams they're supposed to beat.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, where has this offense been all year? Good to see Willie FINALLY put Piazza down to 6th. Too bad Mientkiewicz came back hot. Now he's almost obligated to get some serious PT. Shame because Woodward and Anderson have played well.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    We're still right there in the hunt and we don't have a single everyday starter batting over .290 for the year. Wright and Floyd are the only guys we even have hitting over .280.

    If our friggin' bats could just get hot and score us some runs we will be able to make up some ground quick.

    We've been treading water while our bats were sleeping. If our bats wake up, we can be in for a very exciting last few months of the season.

    True that.....I was checking out the stats earlier and was shocked that we have the 2nd lowest team batting average in the Majors.

    I sure hope we score some runs for Zambrano tomorrow. The guy has been pitching great for awhile now and has nothing to show for it (4-8, 3.50 ERA).

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Yeah, where has this offense been all year? Good to see Willie FINALLY put Piazza down to 6th. Too bad Mientkiewicz came back hot. Now he's almost obligated to get some serious PT. Shame because Woodward and Anderson have played well.

    Yeah....Willie was pissing me off with the whole Piazza/Wright thing.

    I wonder what it would take to get a guy like Todd Helton from the Rockies?

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PYPER
    I sure hope we score some runs for Zambrano tomorrow. The guy has been pitching great for awhile now and has nothing to show for it (4-8, 3.50 ERA).
    I heavily second that!

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    21,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PYPER
    Yeah....Willie was pissing me off with the whole Piazza/Wright thing.

    I wonder what it would take to get a guy like Todd Helton from the Rockies?
    PYPER, I didn't realize you were a Met fan.....so now, that only makes you half bad.......

    Let's go Mets!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,290
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PYPER
    I wonder what it would take to get a guy like Todd Helton from the Rockies?
    Pedro is the best FA pickup in many years, really like what he has done and I would love to see Helton in a Mets uniform, they are so close, then so far away, 1st base, another ace and help in the ballpen...

    also hope Zambrano does well since he cost too much, Scott Kazmir should still be a Met

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    The pitching has been more than you could ask for... let's see if they can beat the teams they're supposed to beat.
    It would be something if the hitting really wakes up, and the pitching heads south. As long as the starters go deep into the game, and keep the 'pen out of it, the pitching will look fine. Same with my Yankees.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Floral Park, NY
    Posts
    2,943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan
    Pedro is the best FA pickup in many years, really like what he has done and I would love to see Helton in a Mets uniform, they are so close, then so far away, 1st base, another ace and help in the ballpen...

    also hope Zambrano does well since he cost too much, Scott Kazmir should still be a Met
    For the 1st base, I would love to see Helton and Overbay's name keeps coming up, eventhough they always say the Brewers are not ready to trade him... Also if they could get Soriano, that would deffinitly suffice. :-)

    As for an Ace, we are getting Trachsel back soon and that will most likely be our addition to the starting rotation. Although I would trade Glavin to a contender if that would get us back a big bat. Say a team that has hitting, but needs pitching.

    For the bullpen, I think we can get by with what we have been using for middle relief, possibly add Ishii to the mix, but the bigger problem is I don't trust Looper at the back of the bullpen, at least not in a big spot. But a closer is almost impossible to come by at this stage.

    I'm just glad to be watching meaningful games, after the allstar break.
    Last edited by JetStream; 07-22-2005 at 10:51 AM.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream
    For the 1st base, I would love to see Helton and Overbay's name keeps coming up, eventhough they always say the Brewers are not ready to trade him... Also if they could get Soriano, that would deffinitly suffice. :-)

    As for an Ace, we are getting Trachsel back soon and that will most likely be our addition to the starting rotation. Although I would trade Glavin to a contender if that would get us back a big bat. Say a team that has hitting, but needs pitching.

    For the bullpen, I think we can get by with what we have been using for middle relief, possibly add Ishii to the mix, but the bigger problem is I don't trust Looper at the back of the bullpen, at least not in a big spot. But a closer is almost impossible to come by at this stage.

    I'm just glad to be playing meaningful games, after the allstar break.
    Ishii walsk to many to pitch meaningful innings out of the pen. But you do have a surplus of starters. Heilman, or Zanbrano would net you something solid as far as a prospect goes, and package that prospect and Cameroon, and get Soriano. With Nix hurt, Texas might go for it. This gives you speed, power, and a 2B, in 1 fell swoop. And it deepens your lineup a lot.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    PYPER, I didn't realize you were a Met fan.....so now, that only makes you half bad.......

    Let's go Mets!!!!!!!!!!

    Yeah but that's my BETTER half.


    So.....Can I now call you Metgirl instead. It has a much nicer ring to it. It invokes images of a very beautifull and enchanting young woman.


  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Long Island & NYC
    Posts
    367
    Post Thanks / Like
    As most of you already know, I co-host a 100% commercial-free, no one makes a dime from it, Sports Talk radio show on Long Island. Last night’s phone guest was supposed to be Daily News Mets beat writer Adam Rubin. Well, he surprised us by showing up at the studio and doing a 2-hour All Mets show with us.

    As I expected him to be a phone guest, I didn’t promote his appearance beforehand. Had I done so, you could have called in and asked your questions of him—though as it was, we had several callers. But, here’s the best part: This week, I discovered a way to upload our interviews to the web (we’re not webcast yet). So, here is the interview for your listening pleasure.

    http://hosted.filefront.com/patchyfogg

    Part 1 is 63 minutes.
    Part 2 is 57 minutes.

    Where else are you going to hear 120 commercial-free minutes of Mets talk on the radio?

    I hope you enjoy! Please take a listen of some of the other recent interviews that I’ve posted this week.

    Thanks.

  16. #16
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    21,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by PYPER


    So.....Can I now call you Metgirl instead. It has a much nicer ring to it. It invokes images of a very beautifull and enchanting young woman.
    Sure you can!

    I am actually wearing my Met shirt right now.......

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you look at the mets current situation, you would be able to tell that the mets have a great chance to make some noise. the nationals are done, so we dont have to worry about them. the braves are probobly gonna win the division beacause they always. So that leaves the phillies, marlins, astros, and cubs that the mets have to contend with for a wild card spot. With one move (maybe for dunn, soriano, casey, huff, baez, romero, or sweeney), they could easily get in the playoff's.








    nnow the yanklees are a whole other story...

    (to be continued)

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to take the moment to vent about how bad the Mets suck. I knew they were setting me up again. Every time they appear to be on the right track and get about 3 or 4 games over .500 they turn to sh!t.

    We better take these next two...

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    Sure you can!

    I am actually wearing my Met shirt right now.......




    My mind has created quite an image of you and your Met shirt.

    Oooops......There goes the shirt.


  20. #20
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    21,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PYPER



    My mind has created quite an image of you and your Met shirt.

    Oooops......There goes the shirt.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us