Thread: The Penguins?

The Penguins?

How could Crosby go the the Penguins, why didn't they fix it like they did in the NBA for Ewing?

Just asking. Rangers 16th? Another thing they can't do right.

I'm excited planning on getting hammered on opening night for hockey season.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Im just glad the Ducks didnt win.

WOW This will surely make the nhl a big item for national tv. LMAO

If there was a franchise that desperately needed this kid, it is Pittsburg. They are so close to going under, and that would be sad with their history. Like Corona Jet said, I'm just glad he didn't go to the Ducks.

There will be alot of hype about this kid. and he alone will generate interest when coming to the new york area to play. I look forward to seeing him.

But he is only 17... WOnder how he will handle his first vicious cross check!!

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife
    There will be alot of hype about this kid. and he alone will generate interest when coming to the new york area to play. I look forward to seeing him.

But he is only 17... WOnder how he will handle his first vicious cross check!!
    By scoring a goal on the ensuing Power Play!!

Actually, Gretsky did quite OK when he was 17 with Edmonton.

I hate Gretzky comparisons before the guy has ever took one body blow in an NHL game.

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife
    I hate Gretzky comparisons before the guy has ever took one body blow in an NHL game.
    I am in no way, shape or form comparing him to Gretsky. But if you will remember (I do, you might be too young though), when Gretsky turned pro, everyone thought his "free-wheeling" skating would be stopped in the pros with all the cross-checking and drilling along the boards.

He didn't slow down for an instint. I think Crosby will be fine also.

Rookie
    bottom line, we're lucky Crosby plays in the East, will see him more...

Have you seen the number of important changes the Pens did this offseason, they should be a contender... (Leclair, Recchi, Gonchar, Palffy, Malkin's ready, Lemieux, Crosby...)

As long as Fleury or Thibault can step it up. The Pens will be in good shape
    at making the playoffs.There defence looked good last half of the season 03/04 season.Plus they have Sergei Gonchar he will help QB the blueline.

GO FLAMES GO 05/06 STANLEY-CUP CHAMPS