Thread: Shootouts

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Shootouts

I don't mind shootouts in the regular season. But I sure as hell hope they dont use them in the playoffs.

Nothing beats playoff hockey and I can't imagine a series being decided by a shootout. Too Cheap.

Does anyone know if it is included in the playoffs?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife
    I don't mind shootouts in the regular season. But I sure as hell hope they dont use them in the playoffs.

Nothing beats playoff hockey and I can't imagine a series being decided by a shootout. Too Cheap.

Does anyone know if it is included in the playoffs?
    i dont know, but i disagree with you. there is no other ply that is more exciting than a penalty shot in the playoffs. remember the penalty shot that shawn bates made in the playoffs against the maple leafs. that was one of the most exciting plays i have evre seen, plus i was there.the shootout will provide soo much for hockey. i am very excited

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    While that play was exciting. I have to disagree.

The OT with all the chances. and the multiple ot's. nothing like it.

Anyway I read a transcript and Betteman said it was for regular season only so I am relieved.

I am skeptical of the shootout working but it is what the fans want so I will live with it.

at least the playoffs stays the way I know it.

That said. I already like the Devils to get back the Stanley Cup. They need to resign Rafalski or Neidemyr and will still have cap room. Lou was hands on in the negotiations and has a heads up on the rules and who is available. Plus with the new Goalie rules it is an advantage because Marty has always played with less padding than the rest of the goalies in the league.

LETS GO DEVILS!!