Thread: OT- Pavano?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

OT- Pavano?

I heard they were talking about Pavano getting traded from the yankees for a player on the marlins? i couldnt see i because i wasnt an IN member on espn

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think they were trying to trade him for the marlins' bat boy. the sticking point is that they don't think pavano has what it takes to carry all those bats.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the m's are the mariners not marlins.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also heard a report that the Yanks and Mariners were talking Pavano for Guardano. I'd take that in a sec. I wasn't to enamored with the Pavano signing. I felt Radke or keeping Lieber would have been better for the yanks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Pavano is rumored to be going to the Mariners in a deal that would include Randy Winn.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeha i heard the mariners are trying to get pavano as their new BJ boy. the deal is contingent on the yanks paying his salary, pavano passing a std screening, and whether or not he's willing to get silicone lip implants.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Espn .com
    jet nation .com

have similar threads. Pavano may get a one way ticket to the Mariners for Gil Meche and Winn.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pavano won't get traded.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    im glad he didnt

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeejetsfan
    I also heard a report that the Yanks and Mariners were talking Pavano for Guardano. I'd take that in a sec. I wasn't to enamored with the Pavano signing. I felt Radke or keeping Lieber would have been better for the yanks.
    Radke was never an option. He took way less Money to stay in Minny. Lieber was replaced by Wright, which was a big time boo-boo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    Radke was never an option. He took way less Money to stay in Minny. Lieber was replaced by Wright, which was a big time boo-boo.
    No, Radke was probably never an option but he would have also been my #1 choice. I know he took a year less to stay in Minn, but if you offerred him the same contract we gave to Pavano, he might have taken it.

As for the Lieber-Wright fiasco, obviously Wright was not the answer, but Lieber has been terrible this year. Kevin Millwood was a guy that you could see was statistically unlucky last year. I would have much rather taken a chance on him instead of Jaret Wright.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    No, Radke was probably never an option but he would have also been my #1 choice. I know he took a year less to stay in Minn, but if you offerred him the same contract we gave to Pavano, he might have taken it.

As for the Lieber-Wright fiasco, obviously Wright was not the answer, but Lieber has been terrible this year. Kevin Millwood was a guy that you could see was statistically unlucky last year. I would have much rather taken a chance on him instead of Jaret Wright.
    Personally, last Novenmber, I would have kept Lieber, although not for a 3 year deal. And I think that would have been the right move at that time. Exercise his option for the 1 year.

Then, if he works out, try to sign him for 1-2 more years. If he stinks it up, like he is for Philly, move a kid in there for 2006, or go after Burnett or someone.

Either way, no Jaret Wright.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Wright will come back and surprise us?

He pitched in Tampa last night: 5 IP's, 0 ER's, 0 BB's, 2 hits, and 8 K's. Can't ask for anything more than that. He was also reportedly hitting 94 MPH.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Maybe Wright will come back and surprise us?

He pitched in Tampa last night: 5 IP's, 0 ER's, 0 BB's, 2 hits, and 8 K's. Can't ask for anything more than that. He was also reportedly hitting 94 MPH.
    Actually, If Wright even pitches again this year for the Yankees, and is effective in the least, that will surprise me. i have no hopes for any contribution from him.

Same with Pavano. I am now convinced it is all mental with regards to him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now the word is that Pavano is with the Doctor for a second day, trying to discover the cause for the "weakness" feeling in his shoulder.

They need to examine the body part above the shoulder, specifically what is between the ears.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what the hell is going on with this guy.