Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: OT: Larry Brown to NY

  1. #1

    OT: Larry Brown to NY

    I think Larry Brown will lead the Knicks to the playoffs in his first year, but won't make much noise...give him two years though and he could have the Knicks as a serious contender

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    8,003
    highly doubt that...the knicks are a mess.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    highly doubt that...the knicks are a mess.
    yes, but they are on the rebound. they have a nice core of young players, and tim thomas and pennny hardaway are in the final years of their contract, so by the end of next year, the knicks might be under the cap. im not sure, but it could happen. and guess what happens next offseason, LeBron James becomes a free agent. if they could sign him, their starting lineup could be:

    PG: Stephon Marbury or Nate Robinson, depending on how good he does this year
    SG: Quentin Richardson
    SF: Lebron James
    PF: Mike Sweetney
    C: Channing Frye

    that sounds like a pretty good lineup to me, especially with Larry Brown on the bench

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    yes, but they are on the rebound. they have a nice core of young players, and tim thomas and pennny hardaway are in the final years of their contract, so by the end of next year, the knicks might be under the cap. im not sure, but it could happen. and guess what happens next offseason, LeBron James becomes a free agent. if they could sign him, their starting lineup could be:

    PG: Stephon Marbury or Nate Robinson, depending on how good he does this year
    SG: Quentin Richardson
    SF: Lebron James
    PF: Mike Sweetney
    C: Channing Frye

    that sounds like a pretty good lineup to me, especially with Larry Brown on the bench
    Knicks will not be able to get under the cap to sign Lebron.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Knicks will not be able to get under the cap to sign Lebron.
    because...

  6. #6
    This is going to end up being a really good move for the Knicks. Its going to take some time, but unless his health gets in the way, Id expect Brown to stick this job out for 5 years until retirement. Remember he stayed in Philly for some time and took 3 years to turn it around until he molded a team that he wanted to play for him. Id expect big changes in this roster between years two and three. If he makes it to the playoffs this season Id be surprised( I think its a race for the 7th and 8th spots between NY, Cleveland, Boston, Washington, and Orlando-- and I think the Knicks are looking up at most of those teams), but the Knicks will be a major player once again by 2007.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    yes, but they are on the rebound. they have a nice core of young players, and tim thomas and pennny hardaway are in the final years of their contract, so by the end of next year, the knicks might be under the cap. im not sure, but it could happen. and guess what happens next offseason, LeBron James becomes a free agent. if they could sign him, their starting lineup could be:

    PG: Stephon Marbury or Nate Robinson, depending on how good he does this year
    SG: Quentin Richardson
    SF: Lebron James
    PF: Mike Sweetney
    C: Channing Frye

    that sounds like a pretty good lineup to me, especially with Larry Brown on the bench

    I was joking about being a Heat fan. My favorite teams in the NBA are

    Nets
    Knicks

  8. #8
    Does anyone know if it's official yet or if it's just talk???

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    8,003
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ 1968
    Does anyone know if it's official yet or if it's just talk???
    Its official as of thursday. I dont see Lebron in NY...I think hes all hype anyway if hes the real deal hell step up and get his squad in the playoffs this year.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    903
    LeBron James is the next Michael Jordan. If he does go to the Knicks, would he win 6 titles in 8 years there? Like Michael Jordan?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51
    LeBron James is the next Michael Jordan. If he does go to the Knicks, would he win 6 titles in 8 years there? Like Michael Jordan?
    Lebron is DEF. NOT the next michael jordan. If you want to talk about maybe in the future....talk to me after he gets his first 2 rings

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    Its official as of thursday. I dont see Lebron in NY...I think hes all hype anyway if hes the real deal hell step up and get his squad in the playoffs this year.
    ive heard rumors that companies, when being endorsed by a high profile player, such as james, pay the player to go to big cities, such as new york, for marketing. if the knicks and cavs both offer him a max deal, there is a very strong possibility that he could be a knick

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    ive heard rumors that companies, when being endorsed by a high profile player, such as james, pay the player to go to big cities, such as new york, for marketing. if the knicks and cavs both offer him a max deal, there is a very strong possibility that he could be a knick
    Its definitely something that can happen. NY, Chicago, or LA is the place they will want him to be. If Kobe had ended up going to the Hornets or NJ(who was originally going to take him until the night before the draft) he never would have made it as big as he has in terms of marketing and everything else. The way it will work is he will probably have to force the hand of the Cavs to either a sign and trade or to only accept a one year type deal from the Cavs in his first FA year where he will be a restricted FA and then he will be totally free to sign anywhere else. For the Cavs to keep Lebron they have to do everything in their power to make the playoffs this season and make a serious run at the Finals after that. Im sure that is also what the NBA wants as well and they were probably extremely dissapointed they didnt get Shaq vs Lebron last season. While Shaq has some shelf life left in his body the NBA will be keeping their fingers crossed for Lebron vs Shaq for the next 2 or 3 years and hopefully wither of thsoe two vs Kobe in the finals soon before the NBA focus shifts to Greg Oden in 2007 unless he flops at Ohio State.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    Its definitely something that can happen. NY, Chicago, or LA is the place they will want him to be. If Kobe had ended up going to the Hornets or NJ(who was originally going to take him until the night before the draft) he never would have made it as big as he has in terms of marketing and everything else. The way it will work is he will probably have to force the hand of the Cavs to either a sign and trade or to only accept a one year type deal from the Cavs in his first FA year where he will be a restricted FA and then he will be totally free to sign anywhere else. For the Cavs to keep Lebron they have to do everything in their power to make the playoffs this season and make a serious run at the Finals after that. Im sure that is also what the NBA wants as well and they were probably extremely dissapointed they didnt get Shaq vs Lebron last season. While Shaq has some shelf life left in his body the NBA will be keeping their fingers crossed for Lebron vs Shaq for the next 2 or 3 years and hopefully wither of thsoe two vs Kobe in the finals soon before the NBA focus shifts to Greg Oden in 2007 unless he flops at Ohio State.
    Im really looking forward to Oden. I think he could be the next real big thing. Maybe if the knicks keep on having bad seasons, they could get him

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    903
    Maybe the bad seasons were worth it. They got Channing Frye, Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson, and other future stars.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51
    Maybe the bad seasons were worth it. They got Channing Frye, Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson, and other future stars.
    hopefully so

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    because...
    because they are horribly over the cap for the long term

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    because they are horribly over the cap for the long term
    not necessarily. by next year, theyll be able to get rid of thomas, and hardaway. i get the fealing that marbury is gone, so that leaves the knicks in an average position.

    plus, its new york, they have all the money they need

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428
    not necessarily. by next year, theyll be able to get rid of thomas, and hardaway. i get the fealing that marbury is gone, so that leaves the knicks in an average position.

    plus, its new york, they have all the money they need
    If the Knicks didnt make some of these ridiculous deals they would have been in a good position. After the 06/07 season they will only have Marbury, Crawford, Richardson, and Rose on the books along with the young guys who will basically be making peanuts in that season. Rose should be tradeable at that point to a contender if he can stil play with only one year left and Marbury could possibly be traded with 2 seasons left under contract, though hell be owed 40 million. Unless Marbury makes a huge turnaround Im sure Brown will want him shopped after this season, but Im not sure there would be too many takers. If I was the Knicks Id be seeing if a decent contending team is willing to take the plunge on him. If Miami was to falter early this year or not make the finals maybe they could move him for Eddie Jones. Indiana could probably use a PG and you could try to do a deal for Croshere and maybe Jackson or Artest if the team is fed up with him. Maybe the Lakers would be interested. No matter what its a small market for him and you are probably going to have to include picks to make it happen.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    because they are horribly over the cap for the long term
    Thomas and hardaway after this season. Taylor, and Houston after next season. Trade Marbury during the next 2 seasons, and they are under the cap in 2 years.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us