Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    Just isn't our year.
    How come we beat LAA?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although Jack was a bit pre-mature with this thread, Torre showed how stupid he really is. FRod is better than Embree. Embree is a horrible pitcher. Right when the Yankees announced this signing, I said, "This is a horrible move because Torre will use him in tight spots." Sure enough, Torre - or the most overated manager of all time - puts him in in a big spot. It was idiotic and thankfully the Yankees, yet again, won despite Torre.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVilma51
    How come we beat LAA?
    we? weren't you bashing the yankees in other threads?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Addict SouthFL
    we? weren't you bashing the yankees in other threads?
    Are you kidding? I'm a Yankees fan. And I hate the Red Sox and Mets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Embree was not the most attractive signing, but the price was right, and we didn't overpay for him, so I guess it's worth a look for a week or so. But I bet he gets cut and Franklin sticks, which should tell you how bad Embree really is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant stand Torre's decision making anymore...The truth is I questioned it for a few years now.

How come everyone know the obvious move to bring in Mo in the nineth to pitch against Chicagos best right handed hitter...but he leaves in a left handed fast ball pitcher after he just pitched the eighth inning.

What the hell was he saving the rest of his bullpen for...a 5 run lead?

The yankees were only down 1 run and had the heart of the order coming up to bat in the bottom of the nineth.

They had to keep it a 1 run game to have any shot.

Now I just heard on the YES channel that Torre is going to take Smalls out of the rotation to make room for Wright when he comes up from his rehab... WHAT!!!

Smalls, and Chacon have been the yankees most consistant and best starters since Wang went on the DL...

What the hell has Wright proven to be able to do to bump Smalls out of the rotation...If anything put Johnson on the DL until his back is better.

I hope Torre develops a minor health problem which will cause him to retire after this year....Nothing major just something to keep him off the field like a bladder control problem like Larry Brown. I never wished anyone any ill health but Torre's idiotic decisions is actually making me ill.
    Last edited by Mattay; 08-10-2005 at 03:04 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still can't believe that anyone could question the decision to leave a suddenly hot Embree in to face Kernoko (sp?). Paul has struggled mightly against lefties all season, as hard as it is to believe. Check out the stats. One source had his avg. at .214 vs. lefties, another had him closer to .200.

This was a sound Baseball judgement. Anyone whho questions shows a lack of understanding. Use Mo for a 3rd game in a row, with more games to follow over the next week, etc. Sorry, I don't buy it. Joe has made many questionable moves this year, but this wasn't one of them.

Only a Steinbrenner could spurt out his displeasure with this decision.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    I still can't believe that anyone could question the decision to leave a suddenly hot Embree in to face Kernoko (sp?). Paul has struggled mightly against lefties all season, as hard as it is to believe. Check out the stats. One source had his avg. at .214 vs. lefties, another had him closer to .200.

This was a sound Baseball judgement. Anyone whho questions shows a lack of understanding. Use Mo for a 3rd game in a row, with more games to follow over the next week, etc. Sorry, I don't buy it. Joe has made many questionable moves this year, but this wasn't one of them.

Only a Steinbrenner could spurt out his displeasure with this decision.
    Mo pitched a total of 8 pitches combined in his last two appearances b4 that game. Embree vs. righties in that situation is just as bad as Kernoko's is vs. lefties so thats a push. And as far as Embree's performance so far he is about 50/50 with good and bad outings so he is luke warm not not.

What about replacing Small with Wright. How can anyone justify that. Even when wright was healthy he sucked...Smalls so far pitched great in ever game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattay
    Mo pitched a total of 8 pitches combined in his last two appearances b4 that game. Embree vs. righties in that situation is just as bad as Kernoko's is vs. lefties so thats a push. And as far as Embree's performance so far he is about 50/50 with good and bad outings so he is luke warm not not.

What about replacing Small with Wright. How can anyone justify that. Even when wright was healthy he sucked...Smalls so far pitched great in ever game.
    I still feel that leaving Embree in to face Kerneko was the right decision. He had 2 solid appearances, and this was his 3rd where he got out of the 8th unscathed. So ride the hot hand, especially the way the pen usually goes, and the fact that it was a 1 run game, where we were down, and Paul is a much worse hitter vs. lefties than righties.

Personally, regarding the Small issue, I understand that Small has pitched in the pen before, and probably has the arm that can bounce back on short rest, so he fits there better than Wright. I also understand that no one knows what to expect from Randy, and therefore Small may anyway be starting on Tuesday. He also may be in long relief for Wright if he gets hurt, or falters early.

But I would rather he stay in the rotation, if possible.