Thread: basball steriods policy should be:

Banned

basball steriods policy should be:

you test positive for steroids once.. you get banned for life, no hall of fame all records and stats expunged. and youre name erased from MLB. Its the only way to get this sh*t out of baseball and if its harsh too bad, you shouldent be using that crap anyway.

Banned
    oh and stephen a smiths new show is crap

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipShot
    you test positive for steroids once.. you get banned for life, no hall of fame all records and stats expunged. and youre name erased from MLB. Its the only way to get this sh*t out of baseball and if its harsh too bad, you shouldent be using that crap anyway.
    i support that in principle, but since there is no perfect drug test as well as the (albeit slim) possibility of unintentional contamination i say its not feasible...perhaps in a few years when the testing regime is perfect i'll support it, but right now thats a little too harsh, especially since the penalty for doctoring a baseball (also cheating) is still less significant than one for steroids...

I'm not a fan of steroids in any way, shape, or form...but honestly i think the only way to resolve this problem is to legalize it......its the players own health and own choice to do it, so let them hurt themself if they want to....and in the end their hitting more home runs...pitchers are pitching faster....fans are finding every game exciting....everyone is happy....plus, these guys are so rich today (especially in baseball) that no matter how much testing there is, these guys are gonna get there hands on something or someone that has a price and will bend the rules, or hide the truth for them.....there is no way to get rid of this problem entirely....so let them do what they want until they start noticing how it effects there health....it will only then resolve itself

I would like a 50 game band for the first offense. Season long ban for the second offense. Banned from the game on the third offense.

Strict but fair.

I'm with JeffWeaver Fan here, but a little different. I would like a 50 game ban for a 1st offense, and add to that the playoffs if the cheater is on a team that makes it, whether that occurs during the 50 games or not.

Second time - 162 games, not just the balance of the season. No playoffs or ST games either.

3rd time. Lifetime ban - no appeal. No HOF. No accolades. No nothin'

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    I'm with JeffWeaver Fan here, but a little different. I would like a 50 game ban for a 1st offense, and add to that the playoffs if the cheater is on a team that makes it, whether that occurs during the 50 games or not.

Second time - 162 games, not just the balance of the season. No playoffs or ST games either.

3rd time. Lifetime ban - no appeal. No HOF. No accolades. No nothin'
    I like it. I would say no HOF on a 1st offense though. (Thankfully, I think that is what will end up happening with a lot of these guys). I just feel that the most exclusive club in the history of American sports should not have any guys that failed a steroid test, even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Green & White
    I'm not a fan of steroids in any way, shape, or form...but honestly i think the only way to resolve this problem is to legalize it......its the players own health and own choice to do it, so let them hurt themself if they want to....and in the end their hitting more home runs...pitchers are pitching faster....fans are finding every game exciting....everyone is happy....plus, these guys are so rich today (especially in baseball) that no matter how much testing there is, these guys are gonna get there hands on something or someone that has a price and will bend the rules, or hide the truth for them.....there is no way to get rid of this problem entirely....so let them do what they want until they start noticing how it effects there health....it will only then resolve itself
    First of all MLB can't Legalize steroids. And what a great message that would send to kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Addict SouthFL
    First of all MLB can't Legalize steroids. And what a great message that would send to kids.
    Not to mention completely disrespecting the previous records of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Not to mention completely disrespecting the previous records of the sport.
    Agreed.

Baseball is the one sport that has a rich history and tradition. To make a mockery of it is wrong, just plain wrong.

I know...it sounds stupid what I said...I should have been more clear. I know baseball can't "legalize" steroids and that they wouldn't want to send the wrong message to the world of sports considering baseball is a pure american sport.....but what I should have said was make this whole steroid problem a don't ask, don't tell policy....or in this case...don't test, don't know.....I just feel like it would be better if everyone didn't know what is going on or...going into the players bodies. Your right....don't want to send the wrong message to the kids because a lot of them look up to these guys....so why make it so publicly known that they are drug users? So kids can see that these guys are making millions and playing major league baseball by cheating? that doesn't seem like the right message to me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I would like a 50 game band for the first offense. Season long ban for the second offense. Banned from the game on the third offense.

Strict but fair.
    screw fairness, urine test/blood samples/saliva/semen/hair/skin/nail the whole nine yards i want to know wtf these players ate for dinner 3 months ago, if they were using steriods get rid of them, its the only way to scare these punks enough to stop using it... lets face it this gen of baseball will always be tainted the least we can do is protect future gen's of mlb players, and the game for years to come by getting rid of this $#!t. i take this subject to heart because i bust my *** naturally and i could tell the other 1/2 of my hs football team is usuing something and because of it i lost my starting spot and get pounded practice after practice, god dammed bastards

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Green & White
    I know...it sounds stupid what I said...I should have been more clear. I know baseball can't "legalize" steroids and that they wouldn't want to send the wrong message to the world of sports considering baseball is a pure american sport.....but what I should have said was make this whole steroid problem a don't ask, don't tell policy....or in this case...don't test, don't know.....I just feel like it would be better if everyone didn't know what is going on or...going into the players bodies. Your right....don't want to send the wrong message to the kids because a lot of them look up to these guys....so why make it so publicly known that they are drug users? So kids can see that these guys are making millions and playing major league baseball by cheating? that doesn't seem like the right message to me.
    Problem is, if you do this, you are making a lot of mediocre players have to make a choice to compete: what's more important their health or performance?

That's just not right because the Bonds' and Palmerios' will continue to dominate, and don't think if this wasnt the case steroid use would increase, so in order to survive a lot of players would be forced to take. If not, they wouldnt keep up.

I think they should be banned for 2 seasons in all sports. That will send a message to the High Schools and Colleges where it starts. If sports doesn't do something congress will!

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan
    I think they should be banned for 2 seasons in all sports. That will send a message to the High Schools and Colleges where it starts. If sports doesn't do something congress will!
    If Donald Fehr does not respond real soon to the comittee's letter to him, I think Congress will push through legislation in September.