Thread: Time to Blow it up.....

Time to Blow it up.....

Kill this monster Steinbrenner get rid of them all.... Starting with the curse Alex Rodriguez he is the reason why we are bad this year. His mere prescence makes teams lose.

Your list Steinbrenner

1. FIRE TORRE THE TOMATO!!!!! Hire Joe Giraridi
    2. Trade Alex Rodriguez to Chicago for Aramis Ramirez and Todd Wellynmeyer
    3. Trade Eric Duncan and Melky Cabrera for Juan Pierre and Guillermo Mota
    4. Trade Randy Johnson to Atlanta(pay most of his salary) for Kyle Farnsworth
    5. Use money saved by signing Benji Molina
    6. DFA Jorge Posada(get something for him, but hes useless)
    7. Don't resign Matsui
    8. Sign Jaque Jones for cheaper
    9. Your stuck with Giambi and Jeter
    10. Re-sign Tom Gordon
    11. Re-sign Chacon
    Lineup
    1. Pierre-CF
    2. Jeter-SS
    3. Sheffield-RF
    4. A. Ramirez-3B
    5. Molina-C
    6. Giambi-DH
    7. Jaque Jones-LF
    8. Cano-2B
    9. Andy Phillips-1B

Starters
    1. Mike Mussina
    2. Shawn Chacon
    3. Aaron Small
    4. Chinh Minh Wang
    5. Carl Pavano/Jaret Wright

then the bullpen

1. Rivera
    2. Gordon
    3. Mota
    4. Farnsworth
    5. Sturtze
    6. Wellynmeyer

If this team is bad then you trade Sheffield and Mo for prospects.
    Last edited by JacktheRipper; 08-10-2005 at 05:27 PM.

Stuck with Jeter, are you kidding me. And AROD is not even close to the problem with this team.

Hall Of Fame
    OMG Stop the presses the Yankees miss the playoffs for the first time in 10 years and we must rehaul everything ? WE must get rid of our best Player A Rod the only guy who has been consistanly producing and WILL win the MVP this year , and why? because you believe in an AROD Curse just like the ignorant Sox fans did for 86 years ? get out of here stop blaming this on A Rod , The Yankees just dont have the pitching .Yes get rid of Randy Johnson we need a good young ace, Keep Pavano - The guy is young and will be a superstar in this league ( He sure proved it in 04 ' and 03' world series - by beating our butts). Keep Torre ( The man hasnt missed the playoffs and delivered us 4 world series rights show some damn respect ! , Posada has been such a great leader for this team for years and to get rid of him for one lousy season is stupid the guy means so much to the Yankee franchise, Andy Phillips i love the guy but hes not a starter in this league .Season isnt over still plenty of games left 5.5 isnt 15.5 remeber that !

My 2006 New York Yankees lineup
    SP-
    Pavano
    Big Name FA
    Wang
    Mussina
    Chacon

1B- FA ( sorry im just saying FA i dont know what the market will be yet)
    2B- Cano
    SS- Jeter
    3B - Arod
    LF- Matsui
    RF- Sheffield
    DH - Giambi
    CF- Torri Hunter

The Yankees have so much talent right now its just been deplated by Injuries , they just need a stonger bullpen , healthy Starters and a good CF.

One bad season (forget of course, that we have had the whole rotation on the D/L except for Moose and Randy, and Randy should have been there earlier). Even the replacement starters have been hurt (Wang). Forget that the pen imploded.

Ripper, you'r e a piece of work!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    One bad season (forget of course, that we have had the whole rotation on the D/L except for Moose and Randy, and Randy should have been there earlier). Even the replacement starters have been hurt (Wang). Forget that the pen imploded.

Ripper, you'r e a piece of work!!

Starting pitching? Our starting pitching has been the great lately. The problem is that our lineup can't hit good pitching(unlike the Red Sox) and our bullpen isn't deep. You guys don't know how to make a team.

Tell me the team I would put out on the field isn't good? Fine you want to keep Arod? keep him.. but we need to get a dominant bullpen, and 2 more hitters. Whether George wants to spend the money on Matsui and Molina, or Matsui and Jones or all 3 remains to be seen. It is most likeley going to be Matsui and Jones, but I really think we need to get rid of Posada. We saw how Bernie cost us.. now it is time we get rid of Jorge before its too late.

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    Starting pitching? Our starting pitching has been the great lately. The problem is that our lineup can't hit good pitching(unlike the Red Sox) and our bullpen isn't deep. You guys don't know how to make a team.

Tell me the team I would put out on the field isn't good? Fine you want to keep Arod? keep him.. but we need to get a dominant bullpen, and 2 more hitters. Whether George wants to spend the money on Matsui and Molina, or Matsui and Jones or all 3 remains to be seen. It is most likeley going to be Matsui and Jones, but I really think we need to get rid of Posada. We saw how Bernie cost us.. now it is time we get rid of Jorge before its too late.
    We can't hit?????

C'Mon now. This is so far off the truth it's not even a good joke. Sure, Cano, Matsui, Giambi, and Sheff are slumping this past week or so, but this is still a dynamite lineup, top through bottom (except when Posad, Williams and Womack are the bottom 1/3).

The pitching has been the surprise the past several games. But the issue is still the rotation, and the poor middle relief. Not the lineup.