Thread: Torre needs to be fired immediately

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Torre needs to be fired immediately

I have already expressed my dislike for Torre in other threads, but his decisions are so idiotic that it deserves its own thread.

Here's a post I made in the Mazilli fired thread:

Anyways, can someone please explain to me why Joe Torre is such a great manager? Is it because he has no idea how to use a bullpen? Is it because he completely overuses his best relievers and uses them in blowout situations? Is it because he forgets to pinchrun? I could go on and on and, since I have some time, I will.

2003: Joe Torre opts for using Jeff Weaver instead of Mariano Rivera in extra innings against Florida. Yes, Jeff Weaver, who had a rocky stint with the Yankees and hadn't pitched in about 3 weeks. He was saving Mariano Rivera for a save that might not happen. This notion that you save your closer for a save when you go to extras when you are the away team is stupid baseball. Think about it logically. What's worse: Giving up a run when the game is tied and automatically losing the game or giving up a run in a save situation so you still might win or the game just might continue? We all know the answer to this question and this is why you always use your ace reliever in that situation. That's actually the best time to use yoru ace reliever. Joe Torre does not realize this fact. This also cost us a game against the Orioles this year when Torre unbelievably put in Stanton.

2004: Torre witnesses the biggest collapse in baseball history. In game 5 the Yankees had numerous times to pinchrun and steal when Wakefield was pitching. One of those times was with the very slow Jorge Posada on base. We had Bubba Crosby on the bench (What the f*ck is he even on the team for if Joe isn't going to use him there?). We also had Flaherty on the bench ready to catch. What makes that even more stupid is Joe just witnessed what a fast pinchrunner can do two games in a row. This is not a one time incident with Clueless Joe. Last year in regular season Jorge was on 2nd base in extras and Joe didn't pinch run for him and Jorge was thrown out at the plate. Lost us the game. This year TWICE Bernie has been on base representing the tying run in the 9th (against the Brewers) and in extras (against the Angelse I believe). Both times it takes Joe a full batter to realize that he should be pinchrunning Tony Womack there. What the f*ck took him so long? Was he sleeping? Did someone have to remind this moron what the correct decision was?

Also last year he completely killed Quantrill and Gordon's arm. The guy has no idea how to use a bullpen. He uses his top relievers when the team has big leads all the time and than uses the likes of Wayne Franklin when the Yankees are up by 1 run in the 8th.

The reason Joe won with the Yankees is because they have great teams. The other reason is that when the Yankees won their championships the Yankees had a great bullpen. It's when the bullpen does not have all great pitchers that Joe shows his true colors.

If you look at his in-game decisions, you could make a legit argument that he is one of the most overated managers in sports.

NOW, Joe "The Idiot" Torre has decided that when Wright comes back (this Monday), that Small should be taken out of the rotation instead of Leiter.

I will put this very simply: If Wright is put back in the rotation and takes Small's spot, instead of Leiter's, Joe Torre is not giving the team the best chance to win. It's as simple as that. Joe Torre is f*cking this team over if he does make this move. This is no time to f*cking go with a goddamn veteran because he's a veteran. Go with the f*cking better pitcher because we are in no position to f*ck around with the remaining games.

Torre has already stolen 4 rings and millions of dollars from this organization, now he's making a decision that will hurt the teams chances to make the playoffs. What a disgrace. An absolute disgraceful decision. Torre is really showing his true colors.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I have already expressed my dislike for Torre in other threads, but his decisions are so idiotic that it deserves its own thread.

Here's a post I made in the Mazilli fired thread:

Anyways, can someone please explain to me why Joe Torre is such a great manager? Is it because he has no idea how to use a bullpen? Is it because he completely overuses his best relievers and uses them in blowout situations? Is it because he forgets to pinchrun? I could go on and on and, since I have some time, I will.

2003: Joe Torre opts for using Jeff Weaver instead of Mariano Rivera in extra innings against Florida. Yes, Jeff Weaver, who had a rocky stint with the Yankees and hadn't pitched in about 3 weeks. He was saving Mariano Rivera for a save that might not happen. This notion that you save your closer for a save when you go to extras when you are the away team is stupid baseball. Think about it logically. What's worse: Giving up a run when the game is tied and automatically losing the game or giving up a run in a save situation so you still might win or the game just might continue? We all know the answer to this question and this is why you always use your ace reliever in that situation. That's actually the best time to use yoru ace reliever. Joe Torre does not realize this fact. This also cost us a game against the Orioles this year when Torre unbelievably put in Stanton.

2004: Torre witnesses the biggest collapse in baseball history. In game 5 the Yankees had numerous times to pinchrun and steal when Wakefield was pitching. One of those times was with the very slow Jorge Posada on base. We had Bubba Crosby on the bench (What the f*ck is he even on the team for if Joe isn't going to use him there?). We also had Flaherty on the bench ready to catch. What makes that even more stupid is Joe just witnessed what a fast pinchrunner can do two games in a row. This is not a one time incident with Clueless Joe. Last year in regular season Jorge was on 2nd base in extras and Joe didn't pinch run for him and Jorge was thrown out at the plate. Lost us the game. This year TWICE Bernie has been on base representing the tying run in the 9th (against the Brewers) and in extras (against the Angelse I believe). Both times it takes Joe a full batter to realize that he should be pinchrunning Tony Womack there. What the f*ck took him so long? Was he sleeping? Did someone have to remind this moron what the correct decision was?

Also last year he completely killed Quantrill and Gordon's arm. The guy has no idea how to use a bullpen. He uses his top relievers when the team has big leads all the time and than uses the likes of Wayne Franklin when the Yankees are up by 1 run in the 8th.

The reason Joe won with the Yankees is because they have great teams. The other reason is that when the Yankees won their championships the Yankees had a great bullpen. It's when the bullpen does not have all great pitchers that Joe shows his true colors.

If you look at his in-game decisions, you could make a legit argument that he is one of the most overated managers in sports.

NOW, Joe "The Idiot" Torre has decided that when Wright comes back (this Monday), that Small should be taken out of the rotation instead of Leiter.

I will put this very simply: If Wright is put back in the rotation and takes Small's spot, instead of Leiter's, Joe Torre is not giving the team the best chance to win. It's as simple as that. Joe Torre is f*cking this team over if he does make this move. This is no time to f*cking go with a goddamn veteran because he's a veteran. Go with the f*cking better pitcher because we are in no position to f*ck around with the remaining games.

Torre has already stolen 4 rings and millions of dollars from this organization, now he's making a decision that will hurt the teams chances to make the playoffs. What a disgrace. An absolute disgraceful decision. Torre is really showing his true colors.
    I by no means am a fan of Torre, but this recent situation with Wright might not be his to make. I don't know for sure, but I was hearing some rumors that Steinbrenner is putting the pressure on him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I totally aggree...How can anyone defend this guy. The only good move he ever made this year was when he called for consecutive pitch outs a few games ago to catch the runner trying to steal second. Torre defenders say that he is the same manager that won 4 rings...That all good and dandy but the yankees had great pitching and was a better team then. I truly believe any competent manager could have won with that team. I see Torre now as the guy who lost 2 world series, and an alcs. He gets a pass in 2002 cause the angels then were a better team.

I cant express how pissed i get when he never calls for a straight up steal. Or keeps bernie in to play defense in the 10th inning even when he just had his up at bat the previous inning. I couldnt believe he didnt put in crosby to play defense. If he was in, crosby either catches that ball or at least keeps the whitesox to a double instead of a triple.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrodyMan
    I by no means am a fan of Torre, but this recent situation with Wright might not be his to make. I don't know for sure, but I was hearing some rumors that Steinbrenner is putting the pressure on him.
    Steinbrenner was upset that Torre stupidly kept in Embree against Chicago's best right handed power hitter. This decision though is Torre's. You can argue that the FO said that Wright should start, but it is definitely Torre's decision to start Leiter instead of Small.

Small is better than Leiter.