View Poll Results: Where do you want the Jets new stadium?

Voters
734. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Shared Stadium In NJ with the Giants.

187 25.48%
  • Their Own Stadium In Queens.

547 74.52%
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you want the Jets Stadium?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

Where do you want the Jets Stadium?

Now that the Manhattan stadium is obviously dead, where do you want the Jets to play?

A shared stadium with the Giants or their own stadium in Queens?

Hall Of Fame
    make this a poll
    has to be new york, queens whatever but not jersey

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Poll done. Please vote!

Sooth... any way the replies here can be forwarded in reply to that e-mail from Jay Cross?

Queens, LI, Jersey... just no sharing with the Giants unless the only alternative is to move out of the market place and switch cities. If that is the only choice left in life, then go in on a new diggs with the Giants. Otherwise... screw them!!!!

We have been second fiddle to the Giants in this marketplace as long as I can remember.

Get our own place... we are the only ones who have no real home, and a joint stadium would still be the Giants home I don't care how you color it or how many fancy lights that change colors exist. Hess was satisfied to stay there, but none of us ever were.

It would make a statement to the rest of the NFL... the JETS are not a fly by night team with no identity. We need our OWN home that can be used as OUR advantage when teams come here. Looks like most of us don't much care where if it means we will have our own place.

If Queens can get it done, then to Queens let us go.

As long as we don't share the stadium with the Giants, and it's in NY, I'm happy. We are the New York Jets, not the freaking New Jersey Jets.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=Jet Fumes]Sooth... any way the replies here can be forwarded in reply to that e-mail from Jay Cross?

Queens, LI, Jersey... just no sharing with the Giants unless the only alternative is to move out of the market place and switch cities. If that is the only choice left in life, then go in on a new diggs with the Giants. Otherwise... screw them!!!!

We have been second fiddle to the Giants in this marketplace as long as I can remember.

Get our own place... we are the only ones who have no real home, and a joint stadium would still be the Giants home I don't care how you color it or how many fancy lights that change colors exist. Hess was satisfied to stay there, but none of us ever were.

It would make a statement to the rest of the NFL... the JETS are not a fly by night team with no identity. We need our OWN home that can be used as OUR advantage when teams come here. Looks like most of us don't much care where if it means we will have our own place.

If Queens can get it done, then to Queens let us go.[/QUOTE]

You can bet the Ranch that I will make sure Jay Cross sees the results of this poll and also hears the voice of the fans here.

here's a question if we assume EVERYTHING is split in NJ - PSLs were $5k in Queens and $2.5k in NJ would that factor into people's preferences?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]here's a question if we assume EVERYTHING is split in NJ - PSLs were $5k in Queens and $2.5k in NJ would that factor into people's preferences?[/QUOTE]

Don't even think for a second that PSLs will be even a penny less in nj. Did you read what they are propsing out there? Hotels? Halls of Fame? Where do you think all of the $ is going to come from? Do you think they are going to discount the PSL just because it is in nj? The PSL will be the same as it would have been in a WSS. Don't kid yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=petejet]Don't even think for a second that PSLs will be even a penny less in nj. Did you read what they are propsing out there? Hotels? Halls of Fame? Where do you think all of the $ is going to come from? Do you think they are going to discount the PSL just because it is in nj? The PSL will be the same as it would have been in a WSS. Don't kid yourself.[/QUOTE]

he's talking about splitting them since the seat is being held by two people instead of one

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Sooth, please pass this along...

I do not like the idea of this huge shared complex in NJ. Trying to create a "Manhattan lite" with restaurants, and cobblestone streets will not mask the fact that we are in the swamps of New Jersey. Why is there a need to add hall of fames and theme parks to a Sunday afternoon watching football?

Designated tailgate areas? Sounds like more revenue producing acreage for the franchise. If the WSS is dead, do not try and create the same thing in NJ, it is artificial, and will feel that way to those attending.

Manhattan would have been great. Too bad, now let's do what has been promised the fans and bring the team to New York, and give it it's own home. If it's in Queens then so be it.

No more sharing a stadium with a team that is afraid to hit during practice!!! Bring the NY Jets home to Queens!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Yep the Jets belong with the Mets. Bring em to queens

exactly MBG - all personal seat license entitles the owner to purchase tickets for most football events in that particular seat. Exceptions would be the super bowl for example. But in this case the personal seat license holder would only be allowed to buy tickets for half of the contests being held there every year - hence it could be reasons that it's only half a PSL and the price should be lower.

Obviously if the PSL was going to be 20k then a factor of 50% discount still makes the price irrelivant for most fans. But assuming that Woody and Mara don't want to price out most of the current fan base (a relatvely reasonable assumption) then the differnce between a Queens PSL with only 1 team in the building and a NJ PSL with 2 teams in the building should logically be 50%.

But again I will grant that it's possible they double charge - it is all new.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]exactly MBG - all personal seat license entitles the owner to purchase tickets for most football events in that particular seat. Exceptions would be the super bowl for example. But in this case the personal seat license holder would only be allowed to buy tickets for half of the contests being held there every year - hence it could be reasons that it's only half a PSL and the price should be lower.

Obviously if the PSL was going to be 20k then a factor of 50% discount still makes the price irrelivant for most fans. But assuming that Woody and Mara don't want to price out most of the current fan base (a relatvely reasonable assumption) then the differnce between a Queens PSL with only 1 team in the building and a NJ PSL with 2 teams in the building should logically be 50%.

But again I will grant that it's possible they double charge - it is all new.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it doesn;t work like that. The PSL has nothing to do with the physical seat or how many teams are in the building or the building itself. A PSL sold by the Jets gets you the right to purchase tickets for Jets home games. NOT football related events. Not Super Bowls. Nothing more than Jets home games. Each teams PSLs has nothing to do with the other. The PSL is sold by the TEAM not the owner of the building if they are not the same. Neither the Jets nor the Giants are going to discount PSLs just because they are sharing a stadium. Quite simply that is just too much money to be left on the table. These guys are in business to make money, not give it away.

Jets Insider VIP
    There is no other choice but QUEENS! But is WOODY doing this as a bluff? Can he still want the WSS? I know he ois meeting with QUEENS officials on AUG 23 for a new stadium. I think a lot of nonsense is being said by the JETS and only they know where they are going to build a home of their own.. They simply do not want to share a stadium with the GIANTS and why should they? :steamin:

Practice Squad
    Shouldn't the poll ask if you are season ticket holder or not? or at least how many games per year you attend?

Here's what i don't get, if your not a ticket holder and only watch the game on TV why would you care where it's located??

corporate heroin

Listen fools...

[font=Courier New]New York = Giants

New Jersey = Jets

:D
    [/font]

[QUOTE=DaddyD302]As long as we don't share the stadium with the Giants, and it's in NY, I'm happy. We are the New York Jets, not the freaking New Jersey Jets.[/QUOTE]

not for long

Banned
    Best part of New Jersey = View of NY

[QUOTE=petejet] Quite simply that is just too much money to be left on the table. These guys are in business to make money, not give it away.[/QUOTE]

i agree with most of your points and perhaps this is wishful thinking

but still it stands to reason that if there are two teams splitting the cost of the stadium complex that PSLs there should be cheaper than if there was only one team paying. PSLs have traditionally been used as a way to offset building costs, not necessarily to turn a profit. If the Jets and the Giants split a stadium and charged massive amounts for PSLs despite the fact they are splitting the construction costs, that might be smart businesswise but exploitative.