Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "If You Could Ban Any Poster" From This Board Thread...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The "If You Could Ban Any Poster" From This Board Thread...

So, who would you ban? ;) :D :P

I know MY choice. Drumroll please.......

And the winner is: The Bman clones, currently known as [B][U]Jetfan16[/U][/B]!!!!

Ding Ding Ding, We HAVE a Winner!!!! :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]So, who would you ban? ;) :D :P

I know MY choice. Drumroll please.......

And the winner is: The Bman clones, currently known as [B][U]Jetfan16[/U][/B]!!!!

Ding Ding Ding, We HAVE a Winner!!!! :D[/QUOTE]
    lol, fish, im flattered that you would start a whole thread just to say im the person youd ban on this. but listen, im just here to try to keep ny and quantum in line, thats all.

also, oddly enough, i had a feeling that it would be me, lol.
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 08-17-2005 at 01:51 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]lol, fish, im flattered that you would start a whole thread just to say im the person youd ban on this. but listen, im just here to try to keep ny and quantum in line, thats all.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry my friend, but with all due respect, you're going to have to come with ALOT more than you currently do to "keep CBTNY in line".

I may highly, highly disagree with Mr. CBTNY on many an issue or many a subject, but he is first and foremost an EXCELLENT debater, logical (in a way, but still), highly intelligent, ruthless and well prepared. I may dislike his viewpoint and his debate STYLE (especially) at times, but he is no pushover.

Trust me, I've been debating him for 2 years now, give or take, and he is a constant challenge and first class opponent. He is more than a match for you, my friend. :D

As for quantum.....I never really thought of him as you seem to. I kinda think he's a pretty nice guy. Maybe I'm missing something, but I doubt it.

Anyway, I thought that was what bitonti was here for........
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-17-2005 at 01:57 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]

Anyway, I thought that was what bitonti was here for........[/QUOTE]

bitonti on this board reminds me of colmes on fnc- the token lib who goes down swinging. ;-)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I'm sorry my friend, but with all due respect, you're going to have to come with ALOT more than you currently do to "keep CBTNY in line".

I may highly, highly disagree with Mr. CBTNY on many an issue or many a subject, but he is first and foremost an EXCELLENT debater, logical (in a way, but still), highly intelligent, ruthless and well prepared. I may dislike his viewpoint and his debate STYLE (especially) at times, but he is no pushover.

Trust me, I've been debating him for 2 years now, give or take, and he is a constant challenge and first class opponent. He is more than a match for you, my friend. :D

As for quantum.....I never really thought of him as you seem to. I kinda think he's a pretty nice guy. Maybe I'm missing something, but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]
    im not debating their intelligence, or how well "schooled" they are in these matters, because clearly they are, even ill admit that. id even go one further in admitting that they "know" more than me in the respect that clearly they spend more timing researching stuff and producing articles that support their stance on things. but, the fact of the matter is, i think ny's and quantum's views are "wrong" in that i happen to think a different way. that doesnt they are wrong in a literal sense, but just different from me. where i have the problem with ny especially is the arrogance and cockiness with which he presents his arguments and his clear inability to acknowledge and even understand a different point of view. to me, he loses all credibility when he does things like call other people who have a view that they feel is best for the sake of the country "rats." that one is one of my favorites. so, in other words, essentially the other what, 40-45% of the country who doesnt share his views are basically rats, inspite of the fact that maybe they think that what they think is actually best for the country. hence, my role in trying to keep them in line.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey IQof16 - if you don't want name-calling, then don't start it. And if you think you are somehow "winning" when it comes to Come Back, then that's pretty damn funny. Come Back is "Mr. Reference" to your "Mr Angry Mouth Foamer".

Try giving your [B]informed[/B] opinion sometime - not kneejerk parroting of liberal talking points.

Finally, although I'm conservative, I'm not the most conservative here. But if you feel the need to "keep me in line" ( :rolleyes: ), then come get some.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]im not debating their intelligence, or how well "schooled" they are in these matters, because clearly they are, even ill admit that. id even go one further in admitting that they "know" more than me in the respect that clearly they spend more timing researching stuff and producing articles that support their stance on things. but, the fact of the matter is, i think ny's and quantum's views are "wrong" in that i happen to think a different way. that doesnt they are wrong in a literal sense, but just different from me. where i have the problem with ny especially is the arrogance and cockiness with which he presents his arguments and his clear inability to acknowledge and even understand a different point of view. to me, he loses all credibility when he does things like call other people who have a view that they feel is best for the sake of the country "rats." that one is one of my favorites. so, in other words, essentially the other what, 40-45% of the country who doesnt share his views are basically rats, inspite of the fact that maybe they think that what they think is actually best for the country. hence, my role in trying to keep them in line.[/QUOTE]

I am amazed - This is actually a calm, concise, balanced, fair, insightful post. You're not [I]nearly[/I] the idiot I thought you were.

(There is a compliment in there somewhere, if you look deep enough)

Aren't you the kid who says that "Repugs" don't deserve to live, etc? Bizarre. Keep the sane posts coming though, they are appreciated.

ComeBack is guy I would not want to face in any debate. He's relentless, unflappable, fierce, quick-thinking, funny, knowledgable, intelligent, focused and he never strays off-message. He is also infuriating at times. Hell, we agree 95% of the time and he even gets [I]me[/I] riled up at times, and I'm practically to the right of Darth Vader! ;) He's a character. I learn new things by reading his posts...he is certainly plugged in the the Right's message. He's a valuable and reliable source of information for me....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]I am amazed - This is actually a calm, concise, balanced, fair, insightful post. You're not [I]nearly[/I] the idiot I thought you were.

Aren't you the kid who says that "Repugs" don't deserve to live, etc? Bizarre. Keep the sane posts coming though, they are appreciated.

ComeBack is guy I would not want to face in any debate. He's relentless, unflappable, fierce, quick-thinking, funny, knowledgable, intelligent, focused and he never strays off-message. He is also infuriating at times. Hell, we agree 95% of the time and he even gets [I]me[/I] riled up at times, and I'm practically to the right of Darth Vader! ;) He's a character. I learn new things by reading his posts...he is certainly plugged in the the Right's message. He's a valuable and reliable source of information for me....[/QUOTE]

Whoo Hooo, this is turning into the "CBTNY Appreciation Thread"! LOL! :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Whoo Hooo, this is turning into the "CBTNY Appreciation Thread"! LOL! :D[/QUOTE]

I was willing to bet your post would have been something about getting a room. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetcane]bitonti on this board reminds me of colmes on fnc- the token lib who goes down swinging. ;-)[/QUOTE]

if i could ban anyone I would ban myself - im too stubborn to not log in and try to change the minds of those who are hopelessly closemindedly committed to their viewpoints.

If you guys would just realize that I'm always correct there would be alot less wailing and nashing of teeth. I am still waiting on apologies for global warming and WMD!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]those who are hopelessly closemindedly committed to their viewpoints.[/QUOTE]

Oh my. Oh oh oh oh my.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]if i could ban anyone I would ban myself - im too stubborn to not log in and try to change the minds of those who are hopelessly closemindedly committed to their viewpoints.

If you guys would just realize that I'm always correct there would be alot less wailing and nashing of teeth. I am still waiting on apologies for global warming and WMD![/QUOTE]

He's up for a standing 8 count!

LOL

It's all good, bit.

The fact that valid points elude you like footballs to Gessner on a seam route is okay.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]I am amazed - This is actually a calm, concise, balanced, fair, insightful post. You're not [I]nearly[/I] the idiot I thought you were.

ComeBack is guy I would not want to face in any debate. He's relentless, unflappable, fierce, quick-thinking, funny, knowledgable, intelligent, focused and he never strays off-message. He is also infuriating at times. Hell, we agree 95% of the time and he even gets [I]me[/I] riled up at times, and I'm practically to the right of Darth Vader! ;) He's a character. I learn new things by reading his posts...he is certainly plugged in the the Right's message. He's a valuable and reliable source of information for me....[/QUOTE]
    when did i say "repugs" dont deserve to live, or better yet, when have i made up a derogatory name for the opposing party?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm speechless....keep this one for prosperity!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetcane]
    The fact that valid points elude you like footballs to Gessner on a seam route is okay.[/QUOTE]

That's a great line, and apropos on many levels.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]I'm speechless....keep this one for prosperity![/QUOTE]

Prosperity, or posterity? Or maybe it's BOTH!!! :P :D

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Prosperity, or posterity? Or maybe it's BOTH!!! :P :D[/QUOTE]

the latter, my bad....remember; Im an evil capitalist with one thing on his mind.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]the latter, my bad....remember; Im an evil capitalist with one thing on his mind.[/QUOTE]

nm - didn't read all the posts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum]That's a great line, and apropos on many levels.[/QUOTE]

i've never seen such a group of people who have been wrong so many times about so many different things and yet remain defiantly cocky about their beliefs.

If you guys had some concrete results to point to maybe I could understand. But right now the right wing doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to alot of issues. Wrong doesn't even begin to describe you guys. your collective records are worse than Glass Jaws. 1-99 but you talk like you are undefeated.

Good luck teaching public school children that the Earth was intelligently designed by aliens.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]i've never seen such a group of people who have been wrong so many times about so many different things and yet remain defiantly cocky about their beliefs.

If you guys had some concrete results to point to maybe I could understand. But right now the right wing doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to alot of issues. Wrong doesn't even begin to describe you guys.

Good luck teaching public school children that the Earth was intelligently designed by aliens.[/QUOTE]

We love you too. But in strictly hetero, non-liberal kind of way.