Thread: Right Wing Hypocrisy

Right Wing Hypocrisy

I saw this on another site and thought id share it with yall

Here are some quotes when President Clinton decided to invade Bosnia. Keep in mind I was against that war as I am against the Iraq war. But look at what these hypocrites had to say.

[B]"You can support the troops but not the president." [/B] [B]--Rep Tom Delay [/B] (R-TX)

[B]"Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years." [/B]
    --[B]Joe Scarborough[/B] (R-FL)

[B]"Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?" [/B]
    --[B]Sean Hannity[/B], Fox News, 4/6/99

[B]"[The] President . . . is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy." [/B] --[B]Sen. Rick Santorum [/B] (R-PA)

[B]"American foreign policy is now one huge big mystery. Simply put, the administration is trying to lead the world with a feel-good foreign policy." [/B]
    --[B]Rep Tom Delay[/B] (R-TX)

[B]"If we are going to commit American troops, we must be certain they have a clear mission, an achievable goal and an exit strategy." [/B] --Karen Hughes, speaking on behalf of George W Bush

[B]"I had doubts about the bombing campaign from the beginning . . I didn't think we had done enough in the diplomatic area." [/B]
    --[B]Senator Trent Lott[/B] (R-MS)

[B]"I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History teaches us that it is often easier to make war than peace. This administration is just learning that lesson right now. The President began this mission with very vague objectives and lots of unanswered questions. A month later, these questions are still unanswered. There are no clarified rules of engagement. There is no timetable. There is no legitimate definition of victory. There is no contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear funding program. There is no agenda to bolster our over-extended military. There is no explanation defining what vital national interests are at stake. There was no strategic plan for war when the President started this thing, and there still is no plan today" [/B] --[B]Rep Tom Delay[/B] (R-TX)

[B]"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is." [/B] --[B]Governor George W. Bush [/B] (R-TX)

Kind of the same thing we on the left are saying and being criticized for saying by the same con-artists who did the same to Clinton.

Funny Huh? Only difference is , we won that war without a single American Soldier losing his life.

PS CBTNY- Let me re-iterate. I did not approve of Clinton invading Bosnia. And I did not agree when the Dems voted to give Bush the right to invade Iraq. So please dont use those lame a$$ arguments with me!

why you can just her those crickets chirping

not to mention all the "Nation-building" Clinton was criticised for by the republicans, and even Bush himself during his 2000 campaign. Turns out nation building is actually a good thing when the Republicans do it. How could I have missed that, it seems oh so logical.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE]I saw this on another site and thought id share it with yall[/QUOTE]

And what site would that be??

Unlike you- I agreed with Clinton on Bosnia...the big difference is, if in fact these politicians made these statements, as ill-concieved as they might be- they did not first stand on the floor of the Capitol and vote for war then reverse course just months later...as the majority of todays rats have...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]And what site would that be??

Unlike you- I agreed with Clinton on Bosnia...the big difference is, if in fact these politicians made these statements, as ill-concieved as they might be- they did not first stand on the floor of the Capitol and vote for war then reverse course just months later...as the majority of todays rats have...[/QUOTE]

that's a high quality side step but the question still begs did you agree with these criticisms of the President at the time?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]that's a high quality side step but the question still begs did you agree with these criticisms of the President at the time?[/QUOTE]

side step?? I suggest you re-read the post.....

[QUOTE]And what site would that be??[/QUOTE]

I got it from FOX NEWS!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kennyo7]I got it from FOX NEWS![/QUOTE]

You got it from Fox?? Or did you get it from Daily Kos???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Politics = Hypocricy.

I thought we all knew that by now. The criticisms levied by one party against the other today will be levied by that other party back towards the first party tomorrow. That is the nature of the beast.

Both sides don't want to give the other credit for anything. They're both a freakin disgrace but the left is far worse.

Find me one statement where the "right" bashes the miltary itself and tries to undermine them in a time of war.
    Last edited by pope; 08-17-2005 at 06:11 PM.

[QUOTE=pope]Both sides don't want to give the other credit for anything. They're both a freakin disgrace but the left is far worse.

Find me one statement where the "right" bashes the miltary itself and tries to undermine them in a time of war.[/QUOTE]

That would be a contradiction of what the right stands for. Very difficult to find a right winger disagreeing with the military except for the Waco tragedy and that wasn't exactly the military. I was once a member of the Young Republicans and after Bush and the Iraq war my allegiance switch completely.

The term "war" is interesting as I don't think we declared war on Iraq.

Hall Of Fame
    kenny - where is your post calling Kerry and Clinton and the rest of the Dems' hypocrites for stating that Hussein had WMD that were a grave threat to our nation? Where are you passionate cries for Clinton to be investigated as to whether he manipulated intelligence to create a cause to attack Iraq in 1998?

They are all hypocrites, every one of them...and so are all of us.

[QUOTE=jets5ever]kenny - where is your post calling Kerry and Clinton and the rest of the Dems' hypocrites for stating that Hussein had WMD that were a grave threat to our nation? Where are you passionate cries for Clinton to be investigated as to whether he manipulated intelligence to create a cause to attack Iraq in 1998?

They are all hypocrites, every one of them...and so are all of us.[/QUOTE]

Yes Kenny don't you realize that we can't hold Bush to anything because Clinton was so bad! and Kerry would have been so bad! As long as Bush is marginally better than these two pile of s--t foreign policy jokers why then he's doing a great job! a job beyond reproach! how can you not follow that impeccible logic? What are you a terrorist? Why won't you support the troops and love your country Kenny?