Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poster Child for OBL

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Poster Child for OBL

[IMG]http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050817/capt.txsa10108171715.bush_peace_mom_txsa101.jpg?x=234&y=345&sig=oGypMymLoWjZaHFyna0MkQ--[/IMG]
    from Drudge
    CINDY UNLEASHED: 'THE BIGGEST TERRORIST IN THE WORLD IS GEORGE W. BUSH'
    Wed Aug 17 2005 21:51:56 ET

"We are not waging a war on terror in this country. We’re waging a war of terror. The biggest terrorist in the world is George W. Bush!"

So declared Cindy Sheehan earlier this year during a rally at San Francisco State University.

Sheehan, who is demanding a second meeting with Bush, stated: "We are waging a nuclear war in Iraq right now. That country is contaminated. It will be contaminated for practically eternity now."

Sheehan unleashed a foul-mouth tirade on April 27, 2005:

"They’re a bunch of ****ing hypocrites! And we need to, we just need to rise up..." Sheehan said of the Bush administration.

"If George Bush believes his rhetoric and his bull****, that this is a war for freedom and democracy, that he is spreading freedom and democracy, does he think every person he kills makes Iraq more free?"

"The whole world is damaged. Our humanity is damaged. If he thinks that it’s so important for Iraq to have a U.S.-imposed sense of freedom and democracy, then he needs to sign up his two little party-animal girls. They need to go to this war."

"We want our country back and, if we have to impeach everybody from George Bush down to the person who picks up dog **** in Washington, we will impeach all those people."

END

I'm sorry for her loss, I furious at the message she is trying to spread. This war isn't like Vietnam, it will not end when we leave, she is very naive.

Could we expect anything less from someone who writes on Michael Moore-on's website??

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,406574,00.jpg[/IMG]

there's a clip from Bush (from the doco "Journeys with George") on a campaign bus eating a bologna sandwich on white.

"I like nothing better than a good bologna sandwich. I wouldn't eat it everyday but I love some good bologna"

That pretty much sums George Bush up for me. Bologna on white.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti]there's a clip from Bush (from the doco "Journeys with George") on a campaign bus eating a bologna sandwich on white.

"I like nothing better than a good bologna sandwich. I wouldn't eat it everyday but I love some good bologna"

That pretty much sums George Bush up for me. Bologna on white.[/QUOTE]

Good thing that made sense......... :eek:

[QUOTE=sackdance99]Good thing that made sense......... :eek:[/QUOTE]

Says the man who posts the picture of Jesus endorsing Bush, circa 10 years and many gray hairs ago.

That's the other thing about Bush - ever notice that the pictures that fox news runs of this guy are for the most part outdated and very flattering. If you only got your news from Fox you'd think George Bush was a spritely 37 year old.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

That's nothing- Sheehan's speech was at a fundraising tribute for Lynne Stewart (more on her later) and it went something like this:

[QUOTE]First, I want to give my little story about Lynne. Of course, you all have read To Kill a Mockingbird. Lynne is my human Atticus Finch. He did what he knew was right, but wasn’t popular. And that’s what Lynne is doing. [applause]

We are not waging a war on terror in this country. We’re waging a war of terror. The biggest terrorist in the world is George W. Bush… [applause]

I really want to thank you guys for doing this, especially the young people. It gives me so much hope to know that there’s young people who care more about who’s our next American Idol – less about that. You guys care more about people being killed. There’s too many that care more about the next American Idol. Too many people in our country that don’t even really know we have a war going on. You know, they never have to think of the war, and I’ll never, ever forget this war. I can never forget it, even when I’m sleeping [tears] I know that we’re in a war and I know that George Bush and his band of neo-cons and their neo-con agenda killed my son. And I’ll never, ever, ever forget.

[B]I take responsibility partly for my son’s death, too. I was raised in a country by a public school system that taught us that America was good, that America was just. America has been killing people, like my sister over here says, since we first stepped on this continent, we have been responsible for death and destruction. I passed on that bull**** to my son and my son enlisted. I’m going all over the country telling moms: “This country is not worth dying for. If we’re attacked, we would all go out. We’d all take whatever we had. I’d take my rolling pin and I’d beat the attackers over the head with it. But we were not attacked by Iraq. [/B] [applause]

We might not even have been attacked by Osama bin Laden if [applause]. 9/11 was their Pearl Harbor to get their neo-con agenda through and, if I would have known that before my son was killed, I would have taken him to Canada. I would never have let him go and try and defend this morally repugnant system we have. The people are good, the system is morally repugnant. [applause]

Please – teach your babies, teach your babies better than I taught my babies. When Congress gave George Bush the right to go to war, they abrogated their constitutional responsibilities and they basically made our constitution null and void. We have no checks and balances in this country. We have no recourse. If they’re going to what they did to Lynne, they don’t have backs they call names, what we need to be is, we the people, we’re their checks and balances. We’re the only checks and balances. We have to stand up and say, Not only is this our school, this is our country. We want our country back and, if we have to impeach everybody from George Bush down to the person who picks up dog **** in Washington, we will impeach all those people. Our country needs to [unintelligible] we need to start over again…

What they’re saying, too, is like, it’s okay for Israel to have nuclear weapons. But Iran or Syria better not get nuclear weapons. It’s okay for the United States to have nuclear weapons. It’s okay for the countries that we say it’s okay for. We are waging a nuclear war in Iraq right now. That country is contaminated. It will be contaminated for practically eternity now. It’s okay for them to have them, but Iran or Syria can’t have them. It’s okay for Israel to occupy Palestine, but it’s – yeah – and it’s okay for Iraq to occupy – I mean, for the United States to occupy Iraq, but it’s not okay for Syria to be in Lebanon. They’re a bunch of ****ing hypocrites! And we need to, we just need to rise up. We need a revolution and make it be peaceful and make it be loving and let’s just show them all the love we have for humanity because we want to stop the inhumane slaughter.[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/Stewartrally.htm]Transcript[/URL]

Now, who is Lynne Stewart? A federal jury found Stewart guilty on five counts of defrauding the government, conspiracy, and providing support for terrorism”namely by aiding "the Blind Sheik," Omar Abdel Rahman last February. Sheik Omar was involved in the first World Trade Center bombing, in 1993. In October of 1995, he was convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Here's what good 'ole Lynne looks like: [IMG]http://www.foxnews.com/images/140765/0_21_stewart_lynne.jpg[/IMG]

(of course at this point in the thread Bitonti is getting a woody).

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, in this woman's grief she has allowed herself to be hijacked by radical leftists and liberals (she even made mention of this in a recent article). At this point the radicals are bankrolling her and she may not have a whole lot of options. The more she talks the bigger the circus she becomes.

Even sadder is besides losing her son her husband has filed for divorce and her family is speaking out against her.

If one is honest with themselves you have to ask is she really mad at President Bush or is she mad at her son for re-enlisting.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]
    If one is honest with themselves you have to ask is she really mad at President Bush or is she mad at her son for re-enlisting.[/QUOTE]

there's no question this woman has complex and conflicting motivations - there's no question that she is hurting and looking for someone to pin the blame on.

Cindy Sheehan in and of herself isn't that impressive of a human being.

What is impressive are the questions she asks. I guaruntee if this gov't had clear and consistant reasons for the war a woman like Cindy Sheehan would be easily marginalized.

Because she is essentially asking the same question that a majority of Americans are asking, her words have stuck a nerve. There's no amount of background drama (her divorce, her family, her "agenda") that trumps the unanswerable questions.

I said this a year ago: if you can't explain in 30 seconds or less the reason behind something the American public doesn't have the attention span to believe in it. Whether you believe the war is right or wrong one thing that both sides have to admit is that this President did not sell the war the right way. He did not get total buy in before the bombs started dropping. What little buy in he got was washed away once WMD were taken out of the equation. Now what are we left with? why are we REALLY there? These are the questions Cindy Sheehan asks and these are the questions that no one (on either side) has satisfactorily answered. If Cindy asks why and everyone and their little brother goes "duh we are there for X Y Z" there is no cindy sheehan. The only reason cindy sheehan is so big right now is because she is confused, disallusioned and so are most Americans when it comes to this war. It doesn't make sense on a bottom line 30 seconds or less level and that's the problem - not that Cindy Sheehan is a traitor or a radical. The problem isn't the questions it's that no one has any good answers. The President's rhetoric is weak and tired.
    Last edited by bitonti; 08-18-2005 at 01:03 PM.

[QUOTE=bitonti]there's no question this woman has complex and conflicting motivations - there's no question that she is hurting and looking for someone to pin the blame on.

Cindy Sheehan in and of herself isn't that impressive of a human being.

What is impressive are the questions she asks. I guaruntee if this gov't had clear and consistant reasons for the war a woman like Cindy Sheehan would be easily marginalized.

Because she is essentially asking the same question that a majority of Americans are asking, her words have stuck a nerve. There's no amount of background drama (her divorce, her family, her "agenda") that trumps the unanswerable questions.

I said this a year ago: if you can't explain in 30 seconds or less the reason behind something the American public doesn't have the attention span to believe in it. Whether you believe the war is right or wrong one thing that both sides have to admit is that this President did not sell the war the right way. He did not get total buy in before the bombs started dropping. What little buy in he got was washed away once WMD were taken out of the equation. Now what are we left with? why are we REALLY there? These are the questions Cindy Sheehan asks and these are the questions that no one (on either side) has satisfactorily answered. If Cindy asks why and everyone and their little brother goes "duh we are there for X Y Z" there is no cindy sheehan. The only reason cindy sheehan is so big right now is because she is confused, disallusioned and so are most Americans when it comes to this war. It doesn't make sense on a bottom line 30 seconds or less level and that's the problem - not that Cindy Sheehan is a traitor or a radical. The problem isn't the questions it's that no one has any good answers. The President's rhetoric is weak and tired.[/QUOTE]

And Afghanistan and UBL "weren't a threat" before 9-11:zzz:

Bush made it clear, he will take out threats before they materialize. Liberals want to wait to see thousands more American civilians die before taking more action. :zzz: Saddam always had WMD's, surely he didn't get rid of them before the U.S. invasion, he just left them in the country to be found :zzz: No way he shipped the to Syria or some other place :zzz: Zarqawi was in Iraq before the invasion but let's just pretend he was on vacation in beautiful downtown Mosul.

And let's leave Iraq as is, give the terrorists a victory and embolden them even further. Sounds like a stellar plan :zzz:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]

(of course at this point in the thread Bitonti is getting a woody).[/QUOTE]
    surely you are too, ny, you seem to have a thing for always wanting to **** libs :eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]

[/QUOTE]
    Her questions come straight from the pr man on the scene...she is being used by the left, and it is a shame.

BTW, I'm not impressed by her, or her questions, the only impression whe leaves is that of shock because of her outrageousness.

[QUOTE=sackdance99][IMG]http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,406574,00.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    Christianity is the religion for cheats liars murderers and scoundrels

Speaking of which, why when I read these stories on the BTK killer do I picture "Sackdance99"?

[URL=http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/18/btk.killings/index.html]BTK Killer turned pastor[/URL]

All League
    [QUOTE=pope]And Afghanistan and UBL "weren't a threat" before 9-11:zzz:

Bush made it clear, he will take out threats before they materialize. Liberals want to wait to see thousands more American civilians die before taking more action. :zzz: Saddam always had WMD's, surely he didn't get rid of them before the U.S. invasion, he just left them in the country to be found :zzz: No way he shipped the to Syria or some other place :zzz: Zarqawi was in Iraq before the invasion but let's just pretend he was on vacation in beautiful downtown Mosul.

And let's leave Iraq as is, give the terrorists a victory and embolden them even further. Sounds like a stellar plan :zzz:[/QUOTE]

The War in Iraq is completely seperate from the War in Afghanistan.

Zarqawi was a rival of Bin Laden, he didn't align with al Queda until after we invaded Iraq.

There is no plan for Iraq, the situation is completly F'd. You are right if we pull up and leave now then they will gain confidance, on the other hand if we stay we will lose more troops and create more hatred in the Muslim world (if that is even possible.) We should have never gone in, in the first place.

[QUOTE=New England Hick]Could we expect anything less from someone who writes on Michael Moore-on's website??[/QUOTE]

It's easy enough for me to boycot fatso moore, but I heard that sheehan is also being funded by ben of ben&jerry's. hmmm..I like their ice cream.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Section109Row15]

There is no plan for Iraq, the situation is completly F'd. [/QUOTE]

You're a perfect stooge for the liberal media...now ask the soldiers who are in Iraq on a daily basis what the situation is...and the answer??

[url]http://video.msn.com/video/p.htm?t=1&p=Source_Today%20Show&i=e2df9850-0ebb-4092-bdda-6a4ccdfc5c1b&rf=[/url]

LAUER: Don't get me wrong, I think you're probably telling the truth, but there might be a lot of people at home wondering how that might be possible with the conditions you're facing and with the insurgent attacks you're facing... What would you say to people who doubt that morale could be that high?

CAPTAIN SHERMAN POWELL: Well sir, I'd tell you, if I got my news from the newspapers I'd be pretty depressed as well.

(Link is from yesterday and I am not sure if it's been changed)

You guys can rant and rave all you want.

How can anyone think this war will turn Iraq into a shining beacon of democracy and that this democracy will not only stand the test of time but convince terrorists not to hate the USA?

It's alot of reaching but no actual results will come of it. And when this war inevitably fails i am sure you guys will blame Moore and Sheehan and who knows maybe even people like me - but mark these words -

-You can't win a war when it has unreachable goals.

-You can't wage war in a democracy without the support of the people.

-You can' win a war when you don't plan for the peace or have an exit strategy.

Right now the success of this war is dependant on the Iraqi people being willing to fight and die to preserve the freedom that our men and women have fought and died to give them. Does anyone realistic believe in the character of the Iraqi people? i know i don't.

so there you have it. You can hope and rant and rave but that doesn't have any affect on REALITY.

the REALITY is that our President says we will stand down as the Iraqi people stand up - these worthless pieces of s--t cannot stand up. The entire premise has been flawed from the beginning.

All League
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]You're a perfect stooge for the liberal media...now ask the soldiers who are in Iraq on a daily basis what the situation is...and the answer??

[url="http://video.msn.com/video/p.htm?t=1&p=Source_Today%20Show&i=e2df9850-0ebb-4092-bdda-6a4ccdfc5c1b&rf="]http://video.msn.com/video/p.htm?t=1&p=Source_Today%20Show&i=e2df9850-0ebb-4092-bdda-6a4ccdfc5c1b&rf=[/url]

LAUER: Don't get me wrong, I think you're probably telling the truth, but there might be a lot of people at home wondering how that might be possible with the conditions you're facing and with the insurgent attacks you're facing... What would you say to people who doubt that morale could be that high?

CAPTAIN SHERMAN POWELL: Well sir, I'd tell you, if I got my news from the newspapers I'd be pretty depressed as well.

(Link is from yesterday and I am not sure if it's been changed)[/QUOTE]

I love how reading the newspaper is an insult to you guys, yet reading right-wing blogs and listening to Hannity/Rush means you are well informed. Bush doesn't read the newspaper either, I can't fathom how that is portrayed as a virtue rather than a flaw.

Why should I trust the opinion of a soldier? Yes they have the first hand accounts of the war, but they lack perspective. They can't see the big picture, I'm sure that there are a lot of successful missions they carry-out, but what does that mean in the grand scheme of things? Also they are more likely to be biased seeing as they have to justify this war to themselves. They have to believe in what they are fighting for and that the war is necessary.

also troop morale is an entirely different issue than whether this war has a plan and feasible goals. The troops can have a great morale but that doesn't prove the war has a plan and feasible goals.

the de-evolution of justification:

First we were there to stop the WMD - the next 9-11 as it were
    then we were there to save the people of Iraq and the rest of the world from Saddam
    then we were there to turn Iraq into a shining democracy
    now we are there to turn Iraq into something stable
    next week we will be there just to change the blinds and spruce up the Presidential wall-to-wall carpeting.

mark my words: after the inevitable civil war (it might be 50 years from now but it will happen the second we turn our backs on the conflict) - we will see a leader take control of Iraq that will make Saddam Hussain look like a member of the Kansas City Chamber of Commerce.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Section109Row15]I love how reading the newspaper is an insult to you guys, yet reading right-wing blogs and listening to Hannity/Rush means you are well informed. Bush doesn't read the newspaper either, I can't fathom how that is portrayed as a virtue rather than a flaw.

[SIZE=4][B]Why should I trust the opinion of a soldier? [/B] [/SIZE] Yes they have the first hand accounts of the war, but they lack perspective. They can't see the big picture, I'm sure that there are a lot of successful missions they carry-out, but what does that mean in the grand scheme of things? Also they are more likely to be biased seeing as they have to justify this war to themselves. They have to believe in what they are fighting for and that the war is necessary.[/QUOTE]

Classic, liberal hypocrisy 101- if you demand all sides of the story of a berieved mother be told you are accused of character assassination, yet when you point to a soldier in the field...well he's an unreliable source...

Continue to get your political news and analysis from Michael Moore-on, the war profiteer.......he has no agenda whatsoever...

Remember your above statement for the .0001% of soldiers who come back and speak out against the war in Iraq.... ;)