Thread: Steroids rumor.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Steroids rumor.....

Now, i'm not putting this out as a rumor or trying to spread it further or anything I'm just simply asking if anyone else heard this rumor that they've been talking about on the radio down here, they say its unconfirmed but if it true it will be out everywhere soon....so they say

anyway the rumor is that Roger Clemons and Johnny Damon both tested positive for Roids and are facing a suspension......

can anyone confirm or at least say they heard this as well in their markets??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been seeing that rumor alot since yesterday. I don't know if it's true but it's everywhere.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    Now, i'm not putting this out as a rumor or trying to spread it further or anything I'm just simply asking if anyone else heard this rumor that they've been talking about on the radio down here, they say its unconfirmed but if it true it will be out everywhere soon....so they say

anyway the rumor is that Roger Clemons and Johnny Damon both tested positive for Roids and are facing a suspension......

can anyone confirm or at least say they heard this as well in their markets??
    Funny you mention it bro...my manager here came up to me yesterday and told me that his buddy that works at ESPN heard that clemens and damon tested positive....who knows what the deal is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    For what it's worth, although this really doesn't confirm or deny anything - apart from the fact that we arent' the only one's who have seen these rumors.

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSo...rticleid=98750

Damon: 'Roid rumor wrong
    By Michael Silverman
    Friday, August 19, 2005 - Updated: 08:04 AM EST

ANAHEIM, Calif. Johnny Damon found himself in the awkward position of defending himself from a rumor that bigger names than Rafael Palmeiro are about to be announced as testing positive for steroids. Damon, Houston's Roger Clemens and an unnamed Yankee player were Topic A, at least in cyber-space, yesterday.

``No way,'' Damon said. ``If I tested something positive for anything, then someone threw something in the (sample). I think it's because of the way I'm built. I've had people thinking that since I was in high school.''

Damon believes reporters are trying to stir the pot.

``I think it starts with a rumor, a reporter somewhere wants to see if a player will crack,'' said Damon, who said he was tested both in spring training and some months ago. ``They'll say anything. They want to come after stars, they want to see how people react.''

Damon said being linked to the rumor mill is nothing new for him.

``I'm used to that stuff this year, with my personal life this year in Boston,'' he said.

GM Theo Epstein scoffed at the rumor. ``The reporting of this steroid issue has taken on witch-hunt proportions and I think it's wrong,'' he said. ``That's a pretty severe accusation to be throwing around, whether it came from an Internet chat room or a newspaper. I'd like to think some actual reporting is going on.''

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You wouldn't exactly expect Damon to agree that he took them, would you.