Thread: Bush Question. The LEFTIST IN ME!!

Bush Question. The LEFTIST IN ME!!

Please, anyone....feel free to answer this and I promise to listen, respect your opinion and give it honest consideration if it makes sense:

If you believe strongly that Bush is doing the right thing in Iraq, answering these questions should be a snap...if it isn't, that's probably a good sign you shouldn't be blindly supporting him. If Bush cares about the people of the world living in freedom and democracy and wants to defeat all terrorists, what's rational about being allies with brutal, undemocratic dictators who rig elections and torture dissidents such as the leaders of Uzbekistan, Pakistan and others? Doesn't it send the message to people that Bush only cares about the supposed freedoms of people who live in nations with oil? What possible reason is there for not seeking punishment for the Bushes, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and other corrupt politicians who were once allies with the brutal dictator Saddam when they were selling the U.S. Iraq's oil and recruiting Osama to defeat the Russians? Why would Bush think it's more important to invade contained Iraq than the nations who actually pose a legitimate threat to the West?

Come on...don't throw away your chance.

[QUOTE=GetaLife] what's rational about being allies with brutal, undemocratic dictators who rig elections and torture dissidents such as the leaders of Uzbekistan, Pakistan and others? [/quote]
    It's called diplomacy, the balancing act of international relations since the appearance of nations on our planet. I know that ignoring its basic tenets makes sense to the question askers of the left, but to the rest of the world it's understood as part of the job of being a superpower.

[QUOTE=GetaLife]Doesn't it send the message to people that Bush only cares about the supposed freedoms of people who live in nations with oil?[/quote]
    Frankly, no. That's your opinion. That's your opinion, nothing more and nothing less. You will find that many agree and disagree with it.

[QUOTE=GetaLife]What possible reason is there for not seeking punishment for the Bushes, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and other corrupt politicians who were once allies with the brutal dictator Saddam when they were selling the U.S. Iraq's oil and recruiting Osama to defeat the Russians? [/quote]
    Now it's time for you to [B]Get A Life[/B].

[QUOTE=GetaLife]Why would Bush think it's more important to invade contained Iraq than the nations who actually pose a legitimate threat to the West? [/quote]
    Maybe because Saddam's Iraq was a legitimate threat to the West. Disagree? Get yourself or a kook like you elected and then judge for yourself who and what is a threat to our nation. Until then, shut up.

All Pro
    Nice try.

You liberals are the ones that keep saying GW claimed liberating iraqis was only justification for the war.

As per usual, you leave out the many other reasons given for the action in iraq.

I have a question for you: what is the purpose of a peace treaty...you know, like the one that ended the Gulf War?

Able Danger.