Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imagine the outcry if Conservatives exploited this women!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine the outcry if Conservatives exploited this women!!

Dear Editor:

I have read the reports regarding Mrs. Sheehan’s attempt to see the President and have just read Mr. Press’s article in your paper. I can empathize with Mrs. Sheehan wanting answers but as most anyone can see, the answers she will receive she won’t want to hear. She won’t listen anyway. She is grieving and she is not committing treason. It is unreasonable of someone to make a demand such as Mrs. Sheehan; to force herself on someone and expect to be responded to. If I were to camp outside Mr. Press’s house, I am sure he wouldn’t give me the time of day. Perhaps if she had changed her approach, she might have received an interview, if that is what she truly wants. However, I suspect she wants to create the ‘circus’ and rally people to her cause – so that she doesn’t feel alone.

We understand her grief, those of us who have lost a son. No one understands it more than we do – we live with it every day. However, I do not feel that President Bush killed my son – an ignorant religious extremist with no respect for human life took my son’s life. That is why this type of behavior and thinking must be stopped – so that no one else has to endure this. When my son found out he was going to Iraq, he didn’t waiver in his commitment to his country. He could have changed his mind but he didn’t. He didn’t run away. To expect us to leave Iraq before the job is done and before they can stand on their feet is cowardly. My son didn’t give up – America won’t either. To leave would be to admit that terrorism has won – that the bully has beaten us. Perhaps those of you who believe we should leave should think about the burden you are expecting us to carry – that it was all for nothing. Why would you do that to us? We are suffering the loss of our children - why would you condemn us to a lifetime of the agony that they died in vain? I believe we must finish the job we started and I will support my country and the men and women who are making sacrifices for us.

Mr. Press said Mrs. Sheehan was one brave, tough mom. We are all brave mothers. Mrs. Sheehan’s anger and frustration could be better directed towards something constructive though. I’ve seen what carrying anger can do to a person – it destroys families, causes illness and death. I refuse to harbor anger and hatred. It was those very things which destroyed my son. I think it is brave to turn the negative feelings of loss into something beneficial for others. Perhaps Mrs. Sheehan could offer support or help families whose husbands or sons are serving – they don’t always have sufficient support systems and can always use an understanding ear. Just to know they are not alone is sometimes the greatest gift you can give them.

It is unfortunate that Mr. Press has felt it necessary to resort to immature name calling to fill his article – how sad. He is fueling her fire and it is destructive to that grieving mother. Mrs. Sheehan, go home. Go home to your family. Pray for the soldiers and their families. Be proud of your son. Go home.

Susan Sutter
    For Sgt. Jacob Herring
    KIA 04-28-04
    ---------------------------------------------------------

And her request to Move America Fowards' "You Don't Speak for Me Cindy" caravan:

Message from Mrs. Susan Sutter:

My name is Susan Sutter. I live in Washington state. I don't agree with Mrs. Sheehan and I want it known that she does not represent me or my son, Sgt. Jacob Herring, KIA 04-28-04. My son was with the Stryker Brigade near Mosul when someone in the crowd threw a grenade into his vehicle. He was 21.

I am unable to fly to where she is camped but I would like to give my permission to someone in your organization to please, please remove my son's name. She did not get my permission, nor do I condone her cause. It is an insult to his memory that she uses it for her gain. My son was proud to serve his country and I am proud of his commitment. I want it known that she does NOT represent me.

I have attached a copy of the letter I wrote to the editor of my local paper for your review. Please let me know if someone from your organization will remove my son's name for me. Please let them know I do not agree with her. If you need me to sign something, I will gladly do this.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Susan Sutter
    for Sgt Jacob Herring
    KIA 04-28-04

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've argued many times that the Democrats can't control their own party. Sheehan is a perfect example. Wellstone's funeral was another beaut. Then there's Soros and Michael Moore. The glitz that comes with media attention is the backbone of the Democrats - and that's ridiculous. As long as rank and file grassroots progressives take back seat to Affleck and Damon, expect underachievement. Kind of like when the conservatives were afraid to assert themselves in the Republican party, before and including part of Reagan's administration. Dems will remember and call them sensible moderates or before the Christians took over, but fact is they could call the shots back then in Washington and that's the only reason those days are missed.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Swiftboating Cindy

Don't look now but the neo-CONS are in full throttle in their shamless, disgusting and feeble attempt to "swiftboat" Cindy Sheehan.

The primary play in Rove's playbook is to smear people and change the subject but this time its failing.

Bush's latest approval rating is 36% and falling at the same rate that the price of gasoline is rising.
    Last edited by Savonarola; 08-22-2005 at 09:52 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savonarola]Don't look know but the neo-CONS are in full throttle in their shamless, disgusting and feeble attempt to "swiftboat" Cindy Sheehan.

The primary play in Rove's playbook is to smear people and change the subject but this time its failing.

Bush's latest approval rating is 36% and falling at the same rate that the price of gasoline is rising.[/QUOTE]

Please....rather then spew ignorant rat rhetoric give facts/links of how/where this women is being "smeared" as it relates to "neo-cons" or a Karl Rove playbook....originality would help as well rather then regurgetating something frank rich wrote and the rest of the radical left is parroting....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 08-22-2005 at 09:08 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Please....rather then spew ignorant rat rhetoric give facts/links of how/where this women is being "smeared" as it relates to "neo-cons" or a Karl Rove playbook....originality would help as well rather then regurgetating something frank rich wrote and the rest of the radical left is parroting....[/QUOTE]

The treads you've started here are a perfect example of the smear job of the CONS!!!

BTW...Congrats on actually reading Frank Rich's column, there may be some hope for you yet!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savonarola]The treads you've started here are a perfect example of the smear job of the CONS!!!

BTW...Congrats on actually reading Frank Rich's column, there may be some hope for you yet!![/QUOTE]

Good to know you think highly enough of me that I'm part of Rove's playbook...typical lib BS- after asking for proof to back up accusations the best they come up with is petty sarcasm...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Good to know you think highly enough of me that I'm part of Rove's playbook...typical lib BS- after asking for proof to back up accusations the best they come up with is petty sarcasm...[/QUOTE]

I offer your posts as proof of the smear job.

I'm sure you're a Fox watcher and a talk radio junkie as well. If you listened to Rush, Hannity they're smearing her every day.

Shameless!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savonarola]I offer your posts as proof of the smear job.

I'm sure you're a Fox watcher and a talk radio junkie as well. If you listened to Rush, Hannity they're smearing her every day.

Shameless![/QUOTE]

again, no fact just plain rhetoric...bring up what someone has said in the past and you smear the person...complete liberal BS...and bitonti claims conservatives can't think for themselves. :)
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 08-22-2005 at 09:47 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]again, no fact just plain rhetoric...bring up what someone has said in the past and you smear the person...complete liberal BS...and bitonti claims conservatives can't think for themselves. [/QUOTE]

ummmmm...I'm posting my opinion what part of that are you incapable of understanding?

BTW...I'm new here and from what I see this forum is loaded w/ CON crap. Also I'd appreciate it if you'd take it easy an the name calling as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savonarola]ummmmm...I'm posting my opinion what part of that are you incapable of understanding?

BTW...I'm new here and from what I see this forum is loaded w/ CON crap. Also I'd appreciate it if you'd take it easy an the name calling as well.[/QUOTE]

I understand everything quite well....you've claimed I smeared her yet have not shown anywhere in my posts that I've done so....again, liberal logic.

As far as "name calling" don't be such a thinned skin rat...if you refer to people as "Cons" expect it back..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97409[/url]

Here's an ugly smear ridden thread you started.

BTW... The first line of the article you started is totally wrong. Ms. Sheehan's first request was for Bubble-Boy Bush to tell her what honorable cause her son died for.

Perhaps if Bubble-Boy treated answered her with respect and dignity this wouldn't have blown up in his face.

Bush 36% approval rating and falling like a rock!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Dear Editor:

I have read the reports regarding Mrs. Sheehan’s attempt to see the President and have just read Mr. Press’s article in your paper. I can empathize with Mrs. Sheehan wanting answers but as most anyone can see, the answers she will receive she won’t want to hear. She won’t listen anyway. She is grieving and she is not committing treason. It is unreasonable of someone to make a demand such as Mrs. Sheehan; to force herself on someone and expect to be responded to. If I were to camp outside Mr. Press’s house, I am sure he wouldn’t give me the time of day. Perhaps if she had changed her approach, she might have received an interview, if that is what she truly wants. However, I suspect she wants to create the ‘circus’ and rally people to her cause – so that she doesn’t feel alone.

We understand her grief, those of us who have lost a son. No one understands it more than we do – we live with it every day. However, I do not feel that President Bush killed my son – an ignorant religious extremist with no respect for human life took my son’s life. That is why this type of behavior and thinking must be stopped – so that no one else has to endure this. When my son found out he was going to Iraq, he didn’t waiver in his commitment to his country. He could have changed his mind but he didn’t. He didn’t run away. To expect us to leave Iraq before the job is done and before they can stand on their feet is cowardly. My son didn’t give up – America won’t either. To leave would be to admit that terrorism has won – that the bully has beaten us. Perhaps those of you who believe we should leave should think about the burden you are expecting us to carry – that it was all for nothing. Why would you do that to us? We are suffering the loss of our children - why would you condemn us to a lifetime of the agony that they died in vain? I believe we must finish the job we started and I will support my country and the men and women who are making sacrifices for us.

Mr. Press said Mrs. Sheehan was one brave, tough mom. We are all brave mothers. Mrs. Sheehan’s anger and frustration could be better directed towards something constructive though. I’ve seen what carrying anger can do to a person – it destroys families, causes illness and death. I refuse to harbor anger and hatred. It was those very things which destroyed my son. I think it is brave to turn the negative feelings of loss into something beneficial for others. Perhaps Mrs. Sheehan could offer support or help families whose husbands or sons are serving – they don’t always have sufficient support systems and can always use an understanding ear. Just to know they are not alone is sometimes the greatest gift you can give them.

It is unfortunate that Mr. Press has felt it necessary to resort to immature name calling to fill his article – how sad. He is fueling her fire and it is destructive to that grieving mother. Mrs. Sheehan, go home. Go home to your family. Pray for the soldiers and their families. Be proud of your son. Go home.

Susan Sutter
    For Sgt. Jacob Herring
    KIA 04-28-04
    ---------------------------------------------------------

And her request to Move America Fowards' "You Don't Speak for Me Cindy" caravan:

Message from Mrs. Susan Sutter:

My name is Susan Sutter. I live in Washington state. I don't agree with Mrs. Sheehan and I want it known that she does not represent me or my son, Sgt. Jacob Herring, KIA 04-28-04. My son was with the Stryker Brigade near Mosul when someone in the crowd threw a grenade into his vehicle. He was 21.

I am unable to fly to where she is camped but I would like to give my permission to someone in your organization to please, please remove my son's name. She did not get my permission, nor do I condone her cause. It is an insult to his memory that she uses it for her gain. My son was proud to serve his country and I am proud of his commitment. I want it known that she does NOT represent me.

I have attached a copy of the letter I wrote to the editor of my local paper for your review. Please let me know if someone from your organization will remove my son's name for me. Please let them know I do not agree with her. If you need me to sign something, I will gladly do this.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Susan Sutter
    for Sgt Jacob Herring
    KIA 04-28-04[/QUOTE]
    sounds like this women is in denial herself. the fact of the matter is that her son died in vein, and it will likely be proven as such to EVERYBODY. i can understand why shed like to think that were just going to turn iraq around and saddam was a huge threat to us with the wmd's and so on, but the fact of the matter is its been proven otherwise, the only thing that remains now is how this setting up democracy turns out. let me ask this, because somebody says that we shouldnt be there in the first place that detracts from the troops contributions? i dont think so. just because people dont support the war doesnt mean they dont support troops, it just means that they shouldnt be there in the first place, getting killed for NOTHING.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savonarola]BTW... The first line of the article you started is totally wrong. Ms. Sheehan's first request was for Bubble-Boy Bush to tell her what honorable cause her son died for.[/QUOTE]
    Let me guess, Neo-Cons brainwashed her husband into suing for divorce and coerced her family into distancing themselves from her moronic lunacy (and lying - she's claimed, at different times, to have met two radically different President Bushes) to support the President. Sheehan has been awarded absolute moral authority to carry water for leftist loonies by the leftist loonies.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]the fact of the matter is that her son died in vein, and it will likely be proven as such to EVERYBODY. [/QUOTE]
    So this "fact of the matter" is not yet proven, at least to everyone but you? (but will be, of course, of course, in due time...)

Whatever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]As far as "name calling" don't be such a thinned skin rat...if you refer to people as "Cons" expect it back..[/QUOTE]
    funny that this is coming from a person who always calls people rats inspite of not being provoked. the only provocation might come intellectually in that if somebody challenges your view, the best you can do is play the rat card.o the hypocrisy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]So this "fact of the matter" is not yet proven, at least to everyone but you? (but will be, of course, of course, in due time...)

Whatever.[/QUOTE]
    not everybody but me. i think you need to understand the context in that there are basically two sides to this issue, the people who support the war, and people that dont. if you dont support the war, in all likelihood youve already come to those alleged aforementioned conclusions, and if you do support the war, you probably havent. so, my point is that those who do support the war will not accept this yet, not that im the only one who has, dumbo.
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 08-22-2005 at 11:46 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16] so, my point is that those who do support the war will not accept this yet, not that im the only one who has, dumbo.[/QUOTE]
    Your point is that you are ready to accept a future outcome as fact today. That is the trait of both a dumbo and, appropriately, a Democrat.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]Your point is that you are ready to accept a future outcome as fact today. That is the trait of both a dumbo and, appropriately, a Democrat.[/QUOTE]
    wohoa! is it the trait of a democrat? well, good thing im not a democrat.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]Your point is that you are ready to accept a future outcome as fact today. That is the trait of both a dumbo and, appropriately, a Democrat.[/QUOTE]
    again, you dont seem to read so hot. to be nice and poilitically correct, i stated earlier in my post that these conclusions that weve come to are "alleged," for the strict purpose so that way i couldnt be criticized for saying that it is definitely 100% proven to be true so therefore you're full of ****. try again though pal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    wohoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i sent sackdance home packing. this is deserving of a:

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!
    J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!