Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all who think we are going to the superbowl...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

For all who think we are going to the superbowl...

Think about Joe Willy's curse.... It's a pretty strange to say the least how all these things happened...

Maybe Joe really did make a deal with the devil..,

Drafts:
    Blair Thomas over Emmit Smith
    Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp
    Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed
    Jon McGraw over Michael Lewis
    Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino
    They were one pick away from getting Favre.. they ended up with Browining Nagle.
    They would've gotten Peyton Manning,but in a shocker he decided to stay in school....ended up with MeShawn.

Games
    Mark Gastineau's infamous roughing the passer
    1999 season we were favored to win it all.. Testaverde breaks his leg
    1998 blow a 10 point lead in 4th qtr vs the Broncos
    Pittsburgh game this year
    Mo Lewis ending Drew Bledsoe's season which allowed the emergence of Tom Brady
    2 Chokes in Oakland
    1970 Namath gets hurt
    The Al Groh collapse(Lions)

Management
    Hires Rich Kotite
    Loses Bill Bellicheck.. we all know how that turned out
    Loses Coles when we were on the verge of being great..
    so much more.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another one....to the dump

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    Think about Joe Willy's curse.... It's a pretty strange to say the least how all these things happened...

Maybe Joe really did make a deal with the devil..,

Drafts:
    Blair Thomas over Emmit Smith
    Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp
    Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed
    Jon McGraw over Michael Lewis
    Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino
    They were one pick away from getting Favre.. they ended up with Browining Nagle.
    They would've gotten Peyton Manning,but in a shocker he decided to stay in school....ended up with MeShawn.

Games
    Mark Gastineau's infamous roughing the passer
    1999 season we were favored to win it all.. Testaverde breaks his leg
    1998 blow a 10 point lead in 4th qtr vs the Broncos
    Pittsburgh game this year
    Mo Lewis ending Drew Bledsoe's season which allowed the emergence of Tom Brady
    2 Chokes in Oakland
    1970 Namath gets hurt

Management
    Hires Rich Kotite
    Loses Bill Bellicheck.. we all know how that turned out
    Loses Coles when we were on the verge of being great..
    so much more.
    Please leave this board.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead
    Another one....to the dump
    You read my mind.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    where does the lone ranger take his trash?

to the dump, to the dump, to the dump dump dump!

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Post Thanks / Like
    Next stop: DUMPVILLE

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    is he trying to get dumped?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right this is garbage. However, I didn't make it.. the juggernaut Jets did.

It's amazing how this board is so optimistic.. we are a cursed franchise!!!

If they ever do win, it would be the biggest accomplishment in sports history. The Jets franchise has had more busts, more dumb plays, more heartbreakers, more garbage then any other franchise in sports history.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right this is garbage. However, I didn't make it.. the juggernaut Jets did.

If they ever do win, it would be the biggest accomplishment in sports history. The Jets franchise has had more busts, more dumb plays, more heartbreakers, more garbage then any other franchise in sports history.
    OF COURSE IT'S OPTIMISTIC, WE'RE FANS!!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORD FAN MEANS IDIOT?!!!!?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Any other franchise in history, ever hear of the cubs, the white sox, the red sox, the arizona cardinals, the detroit lions, the chicago blackhawks, the la clippers....... i could list a bunch more. the jets are far from being in that category, go away and stop annoying everyone here!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klecko73god
    Any other franchise in history, ever hear of the cubs, the white sox, the red sox, the arizona cardinals, the detroit lions, the chicago blackhawks, the la clippers....... i could list a bunch more. the jets are far from being in that category, go away and stop annoying everyone here!
    It's a lot easier to get to a championship in football then baseball, because of the draft. Also the Cubs haven't had as many heartbreakers as you think, because they are very rareley in the playoffs... same with White Sox.. The Red Sox are now the most powerful franchise in baseball.

The Lions are the only ones who could relate.. They have never even won a superbowl, but they are also very rareley in the playoffs, and very rarely good. They don't suffer the heartbreakers we do.

The Clippers and Cardinals don't have fans... so it don't matter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo, Jack-*** the ripper.... you are Moron of the week.
    You have sorry *** Giambi on your avatar, so im gonna go out ona limb and say that you must follow Baseball...or maybe just the Yankees. Well if you do, you probably heard of last years World Series, where a team from Boston who was believed to be cursed by some fat dude they traded back in the early 1900's, had NOT won a Championship title in their sport in 86 very, very long years. But guess what happened last year..... that team WON the WORLD SERIES.
    86 Years....and a curse, GONE in one season.
    So do me a favor..........Go cheer for another team, and when WE win a Super Bowl, do us all another favor, dont come in here and make a fool out of yourself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, when you actually read all of this it is actually scary to see all these things that have happened.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a lot easier to get to a championship in football then baseball, because of the draft. Also the Cubs haven't had as many heartbreakers as you think, because they are very rareley in the playoffs... same with White Sox.. The Red Sox are now the most powerful franchise in baseball.

The Lions are the only ones who could relate.. They have never even won a superbowl, but they are also very rareley in the playoffs, and very rarely good. They don't suffer the heartbreakers we do.

The Clippers and Cardinals don't have fans... so it don't matter.
    it never ceases to amaze me how stupid you are, baseball has no salary cap and three drafts and a farm system! if it was so easy to win in football how come the team with the most championships has only 9 (the packers) less than any other major sports all-time leader!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance99
    Wow, when you actually read all of this it is actually scary to see all these things that have happened.
    Yes I know, yet on this board it is garbage.... oh well.. I guess everything that isn't "Chad Pennington is great!" or "This is the Jets year" is garbage.

BTW Klecko, it takes an average of 3-4 years to develop a draftpick in baseball.. and then another 2 years for the draftpick to become a successful player.

If you draft a player at 18 years old he probably won't be a franchise player until he's 23.. if you're lucky.

Notice how long it is taking teams like the Royals, Tigers, Expos etc.. to be competitive. It is not easy... The Salary Cap makes it easier to win a championship..
    Last edited by JacktheRipper; 08-23-2005 at 01:10 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

King of the Dump

As much as I like the idea of the DUMP, i am afraid it is bringing out the inner masochist (and attention whore) in JacktheIdiot. How about four dumped posts in a month and you are dumped (that would make it third and long for JtR).

JerktheZipper is really pushing this curse thing in his recent posts. When everyone believes in a curse, it tends to become real IMO. That is the best explanation for the red sox (only a bunch of drunken 'idiots' could overcome this mindset). Expect to fail and you will fail.

fyi: before 2000 the Rams, Ravens, Patriots and Bucs had never won the SB.

fyi2: superbowl records

Cincinnati Bengals 0-2 .000
    Philadelphia Eagles 0-2 .000
    Buffalo Bills 0-4 .000
    Minnesota Vikings 0-4 .000
    Atlanta Falcons 0-1 .000
    Carolina Panthers 0-1 .000
    Tennessee Titans 0-1 .000
    NY Jets 1-0 1.000

some teams have never made it. so STFU!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance99
    don't encourage him, the friggin cubs fan think they are cursed because some drunk idiot was not allowed into wrigley with a goat for christ's sake, any team that hasn't won for a while can comeup with the same BS and make it look like a curse

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

what about the cubs or red sox?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a die hard Yankee fan, I know a little about curses, and the Red Sox had one. But I think they never did, and a shirt backs my point up.... "There was no curse, the Red Sox just sucked for 86 years."
    Maybe we've sucked for the last 36-37 years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh God, I'll probably get banned for saying that, but there are teams that go a long way without a championship, it just happens. This could end our run.
    I was cautiously optimistic, but now seeing Chad play vs. the Vikes, who have an upgraded secondary, I think this is it. The other team, in my mind, that'd harass us would be the Ravens, BUT, they have an even worse QB sitation.