Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fabini at guard in a few years? what do you think?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsinSB
    limolady says he is a good player!! and I saw him and his good!!
    Limolady like Anthony Becht because he was nice to her.

I'm sure Cavka is friendly too.

You are lost

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    You got that backwards Piper, I liked Anthony Becht because I felt he never got a fair shake from Hachett and was underutilized as a blocker. He was never a catcher that was the OC's mistake from day one. Becht was a high round draft pick as was expected to part the red sea and cure cancer too. Unfortunately we all know how that turned out.

As for Cavka, I do not think he will ever be an NFL "superstar", but he can hold his own & has come a long way from the wide eyed rookie of last season. Besides, the coaches see him as a solid OT swing & relief guy. I have faith in Bradway & Edwards decision to utilize his size - 6' 7" and huge wing span to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Limolady like Anthony Becht because he was nice to her. I'm sure Cavka is friendly too. You are lost
    Last edited by Limolady; 08-23-2005 at 04:44 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    You got that backwards Piper, I liked Anthony Becht because I felt he never got a fair shake from Hachett and was underutilized as a blocker. He was never a catcher that was the OC's mistake from day one. Becht was a high round draft pick as was expected to part the red sea and cure cancer too. Unfortunately we all know how that turned out.

As for Cavka, I do not think we will ever be an NFL "superstar", but he can hold his own & has come a long way from the wide eyed rookie of last season. Besides, the coaches see him as a solid OT swing & relief guy. I have faith in Bradway & Edwards decision to utilize his size - 6' 7" and huge wing span to get the job done.
    I stand corrected on the reason. But the point remains that there is no reason to belive that Cavka would be an upgrade at LT to Fabini at this point.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guards are a little shorter and are faster. Guards need to be this way because these attributes are needed to run trap plays and to get the proper blocking angles on linebackers who are in pursuit.

Tackles (especially left tackles) are bigger with a long wingspan and must have great footwork. This is needed because tackles must be able to block rushers (these days very fast d-ends) in open space.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I stand corrected on the reason. But the point remains that there is no reason to belive that Cavka would be an upgrade at LT to Fabini at this point.
    You'll get no argument from me there.

I haven't seen any of the pre-see games yet and probably won't see this Friday nights game against the Gints either, but from what I heard Cavka did an OK job the 1st time and did even better last Friday night as in he didn't trip over his own feet. Remember Piper, it ain't easy being green.

BTW - Your favorite "punt" is coming to visit me this weekend in NY and I promised her I would not subject her to watching 2 NY teams play a meaningless game. I'll tell her you sent your warmest wishes and heartfelt greetings.
    Last edited by Limolady; 08-23-2005 at 04:27 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    You'll get no argument from me there.

I haven't seen any of the pre-see games yet and probably won't see this Friday nights game against the Gints either, but from what I heard Cavka did an OK job the 1st time and did even better last Friday night as in he didn't trip over his own feet. Remember Piper, it ain't easy being green.

BTW - Your favorite "punt" is coming to visit me this weekend in NY and I promised her I would not subject her to watching 2 NY teams play a meaningless game. I'll tell her you sent your warmest wishes and heartfelt greetings.
    Yes, give her my warmest regards...

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Yes, give her my warmest regards...
    Will do Piper, will do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    SB -- you're really on a roll here. Last night you said we should CUT Erik Coleman. Today you said we should bench Curtis Martin in favor of Blaylock and Houston. And now we should disrupt our O-Line and move a big slow tackle to guard in a system where we use pulling guards?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keeb
    Yea, we cut Yov.... I think Cavka would be cut by now if he wasnt figured into our future at all. i like the kid, having talked to him at the jets Gala. He will play in this league. Limo knows all about him.... Think before YOU speak, and watch those personal attacks...
    Try reading. It's fundamental.

I never said he wouldn't play. I said it wasn't reasonable to move Fabini now and start Cavka.

Care to keep up with the discussion? Even Limo agreed with me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    can we jsut put all this guys threads into the garbage forum?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSWU87

and you dont know football, jetswuss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSWU87
    Good call

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Good call

what the hell? This has more to do with actual jets football than half the threads in the forum. total bs

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, none of what you are saying makes sense. Did you sign up for this board to have some serious but fun Jets discussion or just make stupid posts so people would pay attention to you?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think you hit the nail on the head.