Thread: Queens Stadium is Selfish....

Angry Queens Stadium is Selfish....

It's selfish to want this stupid stadium.. I don't live in New York anymore, but I know Queens is too small for 2 stadiums. When I say small, I mean that their his a huge residential population in Queens, and many residents aren't going to like this.

The meadowlands is perfect. It is secluded, and doesn't bother anyone.. Who gives a **** if the Jets don't have their own stadium; it's not like it is going to make them a better team.. is it?

I am sure the people of Queens will just love all the traffic, congestion, and noise this stadium will provide..

I know this thread will prob end up in the garbage, because the mods want this dumbarse stadium.. but I feel that it's my duty to mention the negative side of this project.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    It's selfish to want this stupid stadium.. I don't live in New York anymore, but I know Queens is too small for 2 stadiums. When I say small, I mean that their his a huge residential population in Queens, and many residents aren't going to like this.

The meadowlands is perfect. It is secluded, and doesn't bother anyone.. Who gives a **** if the Jets don't have their own stadium; it's not like it is going to make them a better team.. is it?

I am sure the people of Queens will just love all the traffic, congestion, and noise this stadium will provide..

I know this thread will prob end up in the garbage, because the mods want this dumbarse stadium.. but I feel that it's my duty to mention the negative side of this project.
    Note: This is from someone who idolizes Jason Giambi.

Ha ha ha ha

I was just going to suggest the dump for this thread.

Wrigley Field is in the middle of a residential neighbirhood?

So is Fenway.

Why cant it happen in Queens?

It would affect one non work day (Sundays) only eight times a year.

All Pro
    it's not even in a residential neighborhood. the stadium is at the edge of a park that is bordered by the Van Wyck Expressway and the Flushing River.

Yeah Ok..

NYJ need a Thier own HOME... Get it no sharing, to Giants in site NADA..
    I like NJ but Queens it's where the NYJ belong...

Now if the Giants move out of the Meadowlands and build thier own Stadium,, and the NYJ stay in the Meadowland make some changes with the Stadium...and call it JETS Stadium.. Fine sure.. but I still don't know how or why has it taken so long for the JETS owners to get this done..

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus

So is Fenway.

True copernicus.

And Flushing meadow isnt really residential- Corona is nearby, but thats about it. It's surrounded by the LIE, GCP and Van Wyck.

I wouldnt want to see the game traffic on a weekday, but on Sundays it shouldnt be too bad.

All League
    [QUOTE=JacktheRipper]
    QUOTE]

The Meadowlands is perfect???

Yeah it's secluded - tucked away nicely far away from a big part of it's fan base and the city it plays for...

Not to mention it's the Shea Stadium of football venues - no character, no style.....

Every team deserves their own stadium, and I'm sure no matter where the proposed site is some bunch of jackass activists will come up with reasons why it shouldn't be built. It's time to get it done - the fans and the money will come....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus

So is Fenway.

So is Yankee Stadium

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Noone has mentioned the structure of the stadium itself. I like the design they have now in that you can walk in a complete circle on 3 different levels without having to go up or down a level. All the new stadiums I've been to are less convenient in this regard. It's nice to be able to visit your friends during halftime or when the game is out of reach. Keep it simple, wherever it gets built.

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper

It's call pride, something I know you lack. I love talking thrash to my friends who don't like the Jets. I talk all the trash I want til they mention, oh where do the Jets play their home games at?? I can't say sh*t to them because I got nothing to say that won't turn around and bite me back. Maybe if you had any pride in the team like the rest of us, you would understand why we want our own stadium in NY.

good christ almighty, jack, do you realize that you have 3 of the first 6 threads in the dump and counting? not good my friend, lol.

DUMP! DUMP! DUMP!

Love the dump!

BZ