Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Virginia gov. Warner urged to declare emergency in illegal alien crisis

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Virginia gov. Warner urged to declare emergency in illegal alien crisis

[QUOTE]State legislators said yesterday that Virginia is facing an immigration crisis on par with Arizona and New Mexico and urged Gov. Mark Warner to declare an emergency like the governors of those two states did last week.

Delegate Jeffrey M. Frederick, Prince William County Republican, has asked Mr. Warner, a Democrat, to declare a state of emergency to stop the influx of illegal aliens into the state. Mr. Frederick said that even though Virginia does not share a border with Mexico, the state must take such action to tap federal homeland security dollars to fund police efforts to arrest illegal aliens and hand them over to federal immigration authorities.

"They might be coming through Arizona, but they are landing here," Mr. Frederick said. [b]"It's getting out of control. We really need to do everything we can and utilize every tool that's available to us."[/b]

Full text: [url]http://washingtontimes.com/metro/20050824-121438-8125r.htm[/url]
    [/QUOTE]

Jetcane, buddy, this is for you...I know you'll like it :yes:

Comical how "super libs" like Bill Richardson, Janet Napolitano and Fabian Nunez are seeking for state's of emergency's to be declared.....Meanwhile, folks like Bush and Huckabee (Arkansas gov) seem to be strangely silent...perhaps Tyson Chicken's and IBP are still lining their pockets to the maxium--hush money?

BTY, I don't trust Richardson or Napolitano on this issue--Like Hillary, this is just jibber-jabbar, knowing 85% of Americans are against illegal aliens and cities and states are going broke supporting illegals...

The second Hillary or Richardson get into power (which I doubt they ever will), they'd veer to far left of Bush--if that's remotely possible :steamin:
    Last edited by Riggins44; 08-24-2005 at 12:14 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update, bud.

Last night I heard a report that 30% of the incarcerated criminals are illegals.

THIRTY Per Cent nationwide!

Thats a huge amount (estimated $1billion) of taxpayer money used to keep these illegals fed and supervised in the big house.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Riggins44]Jetcane, buddy, this is for you...I know you'll like it :yes:

Comical how "super libs" like Bill Richardson, Janet Napolitano and Fabian Nunez are seeking for state's of emergency's to be declared.....Meanwhile, folks like Bush and Huckabee (Arkansas gov) seem to be strangely silent...perhaps Tyson Chicken's and IBP are still lining their pockets to the maxium--hush money?

BTY, I don't trust Richardson or Napolitano on this issue--Like Hillary, this is just jibber-jabbar, knowing 85% of Americans are against illegal aliens and cities and states are going broke supporting illegals...

The second Hillary or Richardson get into power (which I doubt they ever will), they'd veer to far left of Bush--if that's remotely possible :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Far Left of Bush? Why do you still assert that Democrats support illegal immigration? Neither side has done much about it....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome Jetcane...I'm aware of the staggering numbers of jailbird illegals and know it's much higher in places like California...Just a breech of the social contract between the American people and the politicians who, by law, should be enforcing our laws...

Section, here's the way I see it (just my opinion):

Bush and his group of lackeys (Rove, ect.) stink on this issue--beyond clueless...but what would one expect from a billinare from border town Houston, who's probably employed/exploited illegals for ever?

In the senate, democrats and Republican's fighting illegals is about equal (albeit a small number of the 100 senators)...

In congress, huge difference between the Republican's and the Dem's....So this is where I tend to favor Republicans.

Basically, if we didn't have republican in the majority in congress, this mess would be so much worse than it is--if that is possible.

BTY, maybe 6 years is too long of term for senators--seems they are "easily bought" with greater security :huh:

Overall, as I predicted a while back here (early 2004), this issue would explode--you simply can't have millions of people flooding into America to take minimum wage jobs, displacing Americans in many sectors, then getting billions and billions in welfare payments.

The same maid that works nights and weekends cheap, could easily run up a $500,000 bill on a premature baby.....meanwhile, a similar working class American women would be forced to pay out of pocket, if she lacks insurance.
    Last edited by Riggins44; 08-24-2005 at 12:58 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Illegal Immigration (especially from Mexico) is a problem all over the US. Amazing how many illegals living in states like PA and NJ (considering how far they are from the Mexican border).

It's amazing, these people have social security cards (illegal), driver's licenses, and have the kids enrolled in schools.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've told this story on this board before. My brother used to live in San Diego so I've taken quite a few surf trips to Baja. Going down has never been a problem but coming back is always a hassle. There's only one real highway in Baja and the Mexican army is all over it. I've been stopped and searced by guys carrying m16's almost every time I've been. They are pretty thorough going through bags and checking under the car w/ mirrors. Thankfully they have always let me go. I've heard horror stories about Gringo's getting shaken down (although by the Feds, not the army,who are not nearly as corrupt). Anyhow it's pretty hypocritical of the Mexican gov't to give us so much grief about enforcing our borders when they do this to our citizens. They also have their military on their souther border w/ Guatamala which is even more hypocritical.

Anyhow Bush needs to tell Vincente Fox to go s**t in his hat and start doing something about the border soon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kevin45]
    Anyhow Bush needs to tell Vincente Fox to go s**t in his hat and start doing something about the border soon.[/QUOTE]

Bush and the Neo-Cons love illegals, they also love out-sourcing jobs and high gas prices. Follow the moneytrail.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Section109Row15]Bush and the Neo-Cons love illegals, they also love out-sourcing jobs and high gas prices. Follow the moneytrail.[/QUOTE]

And Dims and libs want to give them the vote so maybe they'll actually win an election. :rolleyes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Bush and the Neo-Cons love illegals"

Apparrantly the Dems love illegals too since their record on the issue is just as pathetic. I really don't get it. The reps are totally vulnerable on this and the dems are too stupid to take advantage of it politically.
    Last edited by kevin45; 08-24-2005 at 02:21 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few years ago I got woken-up at 11:30pm (I know thats early, but I had exams the next day) by a huge un-announced fireworks display. It turned out that Fox was visiting Bush at the Whitehouse and Bush decided to have a massive fireworks display in his honor.