Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Sheehan: "Casey's life not being honored"

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Sheehan: "Casey's life not being honored"

From the most recent People Magazine...(in print but I'm sure eventually the entire article will be on the internet)...

Patrick Sheehan feels that Cindy's activities are eclipsing the memory of Casey, 24, a Humvee mechanic, who died trying to save soldiers wounded in an ambush. "Casey's life is not being honored", he says, "I'd like you to know that Casey was proud to be a soldier"

.....let's see if the MSM fawns over Mr. Sheehan

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]From the most recent People Magazine...(in print but I'm sure eventually the entire article will be on the internet)...

Patrick Sheehan feels that Cindy's activities are eclipsing the memory of Casey, 24, a Humvee mechanic, who died trying to save soldiers wounded in an ambush. "Casey's life is not being honored", he says, "I'd like you to know that Casey was proud to be a soldier"

.....let's see if the MSM fawns over Mr. Sheehan[/QUOTE]

Why should they? Just because he's a parent who lost a child should he be the ultimate moral authority?

Seriously though, I doubt he is seeking the fifteen minutes of fame like his wife is. I have a hunch he is more dignified, and not seeking the limelight. His son was probably more like him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]From the most recent People Magazine...(in print but I'm sure eventually the entire article will be on the internet)...

(yawns) just another politically agenda'd attention seaker.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

funny that he is mr sheehan and she is skank sheehan, people like ny and quantum couldnt possibly be biased regarding the war either. nahhh. couldnt be that youre just speaking out because somebody who doesnt agree you is actually heard other than on JI :eek:
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 08-24-2005 at 11:25 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You people are so silly. Honoring the dead...ha...what a bunch of BS. That is said only to give comfort to those grieving who really cared about them. But if you talk about honor, you dont honor the dead. You honor the LIVING. Once your dead, it is toolate to receive honors. They mean crap once youve taken in you final breath.

Honor our soldiers by being honest to them. Honor them by doing your damnest not to put them in harms way if it can be avoided. Iraq was NOT NECESSARY! BUSH did no honor to our troops by putting them in harms way when it wasnt necessary.

Now we have 1900 dead americans and the start of the Islamic Republic of Iraq .. what a great honor to our men!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Honoring the dead...ha...what a bunch of BS. That is said only to give comfort to those grieving who really cared about them. But if you talk about honor, you dont honor the dead. You honor the LIVING. Once your dead, it is toolate to receive honors. ...

Honor our soldiers by being honest to them. [/QUOTE]
    Don't honor the dead, but honor the living? How many inspired bongs hits did it take before this gem revealed itself? Stick with "Bush lied, people died!" - the stuff you make up stinks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]How many inspired bongs hits did it take before this gem revealed itself? [/QUOTE]

NONE! Why dont you try thinking about what I said. I know my comments are not meant to be understood by those who are not intellectually curious like yourself. What good is it to honor someone when he is dead? Would you prefer to be honored wehen you are alive or rather when you are dead? Once you are dead thats it! It is silly to say we "honor the dead" we should honor them when they are alive. Like I said (and of course you totally ignored) the soldiers' willingness to sacrifice their lives have not been honored by this president. He started an unnecessary war and even worse he has gone about it without a thought out plan.

But hey , I dont expect much from a guy who thinks Intelligent Design is a true science or that Bush has a direct phone line with God! Is that the same God Pat Robertson speaks with?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Don't honor the dead, but honor the living?[/QUOTE]

Thats right , honor the living! WOW! What a novel concept!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Thats right , honor the living! WOW! What a novel concept![/QUOTE]

Kenny07 - you've outsmarted yourself. Of course it is possible to honor the dead, you simpleton. Don't let your obvious and all-consuming biases divorce you from reality. My uncle Tom was a staunch Catholic and died in his 30's. His wife had passed away previous to that, and my other uncle Kevin was given custody of Tom's then-young son. Though Kevin was a staunch atheist, he raised that boy as a Catholic because that's what his brother had asked him to do - to honor his wish that his son would be raised in the faith if something happened to him. Kevin honored Tom and did so.

Now, if you want to parse that statement and get into a semantics fight over the fact that Kevin honored Tom's "wishes" and not Tom [I]himself[/I], then fine...go ahead and live in such a stupid little world. If you can't see that by doing what he did, that Kevin honored Tom, and similarly, if Kevin hadn't raised the boy in the faith, that that would have been very dishonorable, I guess you'll never know what honor truly is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honoring the dead is for the living!
    Whether Kevin honored Tom's wishes would have meant nothing to Tom because TOM IS DEAD! The only person who would feel this honor is Kevin. Because in HIS MIND he is honoring Tom. But TOM can not feel honor or dishoner because the DEAD DONT FEEL EMOTIONS!

Wouldnt you agree that it would mean more to our soldiers if we honor them when they are living as opposed to waiting until they die before we sing their praises?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Honoring the dead is for the living!
    Whether Kevin honored Tom's wishes would have meant nothing to Tom because TOM IS DEAD! The only person who would feel this honor is Kevin. Because in HIS MIND he is honoring Tom. But TOM can not feel honor or dishoner because the DEAD DONT FEEL EMOTIONS!

Wouldnt you agree that it would mean more to our soldiers if we honor them when they are living as opposed to waiting until they die before we sing their praises?[/QUOTE]

That's the atheist's way of thinking.

Those who believe the spirit lives on after the body has died, and feel the spirit of that person around them, honor the dead..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]
    Wouldnt you agree that it would mean more to our soldiers if we honor them when they are living as opposed to waiting until they die before we sing their praises?[/QUOTE]

Nobody is saying dont honor the living. You are putting those words in everybody's mouth. All everyone is saying is honor the dead, which is you are saying we should not. It's not a matter of doing one or the other; why can't we do both?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New England Hick]That's the atheist's way of thinking.

Those who believe the spirit lives on after the body has died, and feel the spirit of that person around them, honor the dead..[/QUOTE]

Ahh...so nice to hear talk about the Spirits moving on, enjoying thie due bliss with the "Intelligent Designing Alien Hampsters". So peaceful, whiling away eternity in a blissfull little wheel, going round and round in Holy Hampster Happiness.......

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Ahh...so nice to hear talk about the Spirits moving on, enjoying thie due bliss with the "Intelligent Designing Alien Hampsters". So peaceful, whiling away eternity in a blissfull little wheel, going round and round in Holy Hampster Happiness.......[/QUOTE]

So nice to see you mock someone who has different beliefs than you.

So lovely.... :butterfly

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper]So nice to see you mock someone who has different beliefs than you.

So lovely.... :butterfly[/QUOTE]

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Who's mocking? After all, you've already admitted you have no idea when people on this forum are being genuine, so how do you, of all people, know I DON'T believe in the bliss of life-after-death with the Holy Intelligent Designing Alien Hampsters??

In any event, I'll state my view on any belief I like. So get over it, cuase you're going to get tired of trying to bother me by calling me out for it.

Oh, and attacking ME for mocking Hick for having different beliefs is a hilarious irony. Hick is well known for mocking any and all Liberals on this forum for their beliefs. Hypocricy, thy name is Piper. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-25-2005 at 02:24 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]Kenny07 - you've outsmarted yourself. Of course it is possible to honor the dead, you simpleton. Don't let your obvious and all-consuming biases divorce you from reality. My uncle Tom was a staunch Catholic and died in his 30's. His wife had passed away previous to that, and my other uncle Kevin was given custody of Tom's then-young son. Though Kevin was a staunch atheist, he raised that boy as a Catholic because that's what his brother had asked him to do - to honor his wish that his son would be raised in the faith if something happened to him. Kevin honored Tom and did so.

Now, if you want to parse that statement and get into a semantics fight over the fact that Kevin honored Tom's "wishes" and not Tom [I]himself[/I], then fine...go ahead and live in such a stupid little world. If you can't see that by doing what he did, that Kevin honored Tom, and similarly, if Kevin hadn't raised the boy in the faith, that that would have been very dishonorable, I guess you'll never know what honor truly is.[/QUOTE]
    i think you're missing what he was trying to say, while i actually do agree with what you wrote, i also agree with kenny, so let me try to clarify it for you. what he was saying was that we tend to honor the dead, which he doesnt agree with as dead people are dead and thats it. to an extent, i agree with him, but at the same time i disagree. anyway, thats beside the point. his point was that we go to great lengths to honor the dead. i think we can all agree on that. now, what hes saying is, why not honor the living? by honor the living, meaning in this case, the troops. the troops sign up (as i understand it) with the understanding that they wont go to conflict unless it is absolutely necessary. well, if we're sending them there for nothing, how does that honor them? now here is where the abstract thinking comes into play. if we're sending them for nothing but to get killed, what will we do after they get killed? we're going to honor them of course. well, what kenny0 is trying to say is that instead of sending them to get killed just to honor them, why dont we just honor them in the first place and not send them unless it is absolutely necessary? its a very good point, and i think its absolutely true. now, as for your story, i think honoring the dead's wishes like in your story is great, but maybe we should place a little more of a premium on honoring the living in the case of the soldiers by not sending them into unnecessary conflicts for nothing.

Edit: I Win.
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 08-25-2005 at 02:24 PM.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Ahh...so nice to hear talk about the Spirits moving on, enjoying thie due bliss with the "Intelligent Designing Alien Hampsters". So peaceful, whiling away eternity in a blissfull little wheel, going round and round in Holy Hampster Happiness.......[/QUOTE]

Well Warfish, you and I can both believe you're descended from apes but I don't believe I am....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New England Hick]Well Warfish, you and I can both believe you're descended from apes but I don't believe I am....[/QUOTE]
    i think in your case the ape just took a ****...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New England Hick]That's the atheist's way of thinking.

Those who believe the spirit lives on after the body has died, and feel the spirit of that person around them, honor the dead..[/QUOTE]

In essence those who feel honoring the dead is ridiculous must also consider Cindy Sheehan and her leftists trolls are a bunch of horses as$es..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]i think you're missing what he was trying to say, while i actually do agree with what you wrote, i also agree with kenny, so let me try to clarify it for you. what he was saying was that we tend to honor the dead, which he doesnt agree with as dead people are dead and thats it. to an extent, i agree with him, but at the same time i disagree. anyway, thats beside the point. his point was that we go to great lengths to honor the dead. i think we can all agree on that. now, what hes saying is, why not honor the living? by honor the living, meaning in this case, the troops. the troops sign up (as i understand it) with the understanding that they wont go to conflict unless it is absolutely necessary. well, if we're sending them there for nothing, how does that honor them? now here is where the abstract thinking comes into play. if we're sending them for nothing but to get killed, what will we do after they get killed? we're going to honor them of course. well, what kenny0 is trying to say is that instead of sending them to get killed just to honor them, why dont we just honor them in the first place and not send them unless it is absolutely necessary? its a very good point, and i think its absolutely true. now, as for your story, i think honoring the dead's wishes like in your story is great, but maybe we should place a little more of a premium on honoring the living in the case of the soldiers by not sending them into unnecessary conflicts for nothing.

Edit: I Win.[/QUOTE]

Honoring the dead and honoring the living are not mutually exclusive. It is possible to do both. I appreciate your efforts, but I understand him completely and clearly. This is his zillionith attempt to criticize the Iraq War and spin any and every subject towards that. His biases cloud his reasoning. Yes, dead people are dead and unaware of posthumous honoring...trenchant insight indeed.

His ENTIRE point is that he's against the Iraq War. No more, no less. To him, sending soldiers to Iraq is dishonoring them. Fine, that is his right...but that is an opinion, not an insight and not a fact. Many people agree, and many don't. However, he speaks in [I]generalities[/I], saying, "Isn't it better to honor our soldiers while they are alive, too?" Of course it is...no rational person disagrees with such cotton candy platitudes. People do, however, disagree as to what constitutes "honoring our soldiers." Again, this boils down to supporting or not supporting the Iraq War. I know it, he knows it, you know it and everyone else knows it. This is yet another primitive attempt by Kenny to cloak his transparent biases...it gets old quickly. If you are against the war, you think soldiers are being dishonored. If you support it, you don't. He won't say that, because he operates from the assumption that sending soldiers to Iraq is dishonoring them. He treats that as a fact, when it is an opinion. He can't fathom that a large amount of people disagree with him - even people who are intelligent, sane, rational, and good-hearted. You'll find that many people on both sides act that way...he's simply one of them.
    Last edited by jets5ever; 08-25-2005 at 04:07 PM.