Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GASTINEAU will make the Hall of Fame!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation GASTINEAU will make the Hall of Fame!

There are a few guys who will finally get the respect they deserve for their work on the gridiron. Within the next couple of years you can bank on:

Mark Gastineau - (greatest, most dominating and most feared DE in football history, period).

Roger Craig - (first 1,000-1,000 yard back, incredible back, 49ers don't win a thing without him in the 80's).

Lester Hayes - (one of the top 3 best CB's in football history, the man was an INT machine, how he is not already in the hall baffles me).

Art Monk - (not much more needs to be said, a discrace to see him left out thus far, those who know football know what I'm talking about).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    trash bin?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, Mark Gastineau is a first ballot HOF'er... and if the Jets dont retire his number soon, it should be considered a crime!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    no...unless youre talking about his daughter making the hottie hall of fame...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloJet
    trash bin?
    Trash Bin. A place Sack should be limited too IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS
    I agree, Mark Gastineau is a first ballot HOF'er... and if the Jets dont retire his number soon, it should be considered a crime!
    AMEN!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    For what hitting women harder then he hit QB`s ,You know sackdance for a guy who spends half his time on this site preeching to us,your the last person(aside from your site name) i`d expect to back a woman beater!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody who quits on his team should make the HOF.

Nobody.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance99
    Mark Gastineau - (greatest, most dominating and most feared DE in football history, period).
    Deacon.

Jones.

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Post Thanks / Like
    Still the NFL single-season Sack Leader in my mind with 22.

Screw Strahan and his GIFT sack vs Brett Favre!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet
    For what hitting women harder then he hit QB`s ,You know sackdance for a guy who spends half his time on this site preeching to us,your the last person(aside from your site name) i`d expect to back a woman beater!!!
    joisey I know you have never sinned. It was you AND Jesus who were perfect. Riiiiiiight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shouldn't you actually have to defend against the run to get this title. e.g. Reggie White. He certainly was one of the greatest pass rushers in NFL history but how many times did the tackle just push him to the outside and have the FB lead a running play through the gaping hole he left creaming Lance Mehl in the process. A lineman is supposed to protect his LB's. Gastineau never did. He was not even the best DL on th Jets at the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Electing Mark Gastineau to teh Football HOF woudl be teh same as electing Dave Kingman to the baseball HOF.

In other words-pointless. You don't reward someone who only accomplished one stat at the sake of other team goals.

Gastineau was not a team oriented guy, in a team oriented game. I don't knwo of a worse thing you can say about a player

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever mod put this here must seriously lack football knowledge. Nevermind Gastineau, have you ever even heard of the other 3 players??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS
    I suppose Gastineau does know a thing or 2 about crimes. Also, Klecko should make it way before Gastineau does. Klecko made Gastineau, according to my dad at least. I wasn't old enough to have seen the Sack Exchange, but I do know that Gastineau is a scubmag.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever mod put this here must seriously lack football knowledge. Nevermind Gastineau, have you ever even heard of the other 3 players??
    Joe Klecko, Marty Lyons, Abdul Salaam.

All of which, I might note, are actually NOT wife-beaters. Goddamn fundie wacko.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A scab who went against his own teammates and crossed a picket line. Then walked out on the team when they needed him most for a bimbo with a made up cancer story. Beat up some poor kid in studio 54 after he got beat in an arm wrestling match and got our starting QB Ken O'Brien involved in the whole thing. A great talent wasted. Was never the same after he started taking steroids.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 08-24-2005 at 11:53 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    whats a worse sin sd, beating woman, or being an atheist? (just out of curiousity, cant wait to hear this one)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roger Craig - (first 1,000-1,000 yard back, incredible back, 49ers don't win a thing without him in the 80's).

Lester Hayes - (one of the top 3 best CB's in football history, the man was an INT machine, how he is not already in the hall baffles me).

Art Monk - (not much more needs to be said, a discrace to see him left out thus far, those who know football know what I'm talking about).[/QUOTE]

Theses three gentleman would NEVER be a featured segment on a show about being incarcerated on RIKERS ISLAND. Now with that Being said I am my self a strong believer of 2nd chances and I am sure Mark is a good guy now but his actions are not indicative of the type of charter that they are looking for from HOF'ers IMO
    Last edited by BigJon13; 08-25-2005 at 01:46 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you knew I had to eventually respond to this dreck. Gastineau in the Hall of Fame!? NEVER!!!!!! He was an overrated, one-dimensional player who eventually quite on his team in the middle of a promising season (1988, Jets finished 8-7-1, beating the Giants in the final game and making sure neither NY team made the playoffs.)
    KLECKO IS LONG OVERDUE FOR THE HALL! Only player to be named to Pro-Bowl at three different positions (DT, NT, DE.) Enough said!