Thread: Yanks to sign Bellhorn...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Yanks to sign Bellhorn...

George Move 100%

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know...

A relatively inexpensive experienced glove to back up A-Rod for the stretch run....

A-Rod left last night's game with a little tweak of his groin...who do you replace him with during a pennent race...Felix Escalona?

If they can get the wretched Boston stink off of him it may not be such a bad move.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is not a George move. This is a Cashman move and if you take away the fact that he was a hated Red Sock, it's actually a good move. All he does is replace Felix Escalona. And, Bellhorn is better than Escalona. Lets not forget that Bellhorn has played every single position except for pitcher and catcher in his career. This move just improves the bench a bit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a good move, in that it gives a pennant tested experienced player to the Yankees to back up in the infield.

I do hope though, that he does not need to play much, as he is not all that good, although he does walk a lot. But in spite of his pop in his bat, he strikes out to much to be very effective, IMO.

And his glovework is average, at best.

SackExchang#12

Done deal Bellhorn signed

Yanks reported on ESPN NEWS signing of 2B Mark Bellhorn . Jeffweaverfan I agree he will improve the bench a bit. Even at that I just dislike anyone from the BS team. As long as he helps the Yanks.