Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Gas prices, what the hell is going on?

Hall Of Fame

OT Gas prices, what the hell is going on?

I noticed all gas stations in Burlington Vermont are now $3.10 and up per gallon. This morning they were all around $2.60. I pulled in to a gas station and filled up for $2.60 when I saw the owner change the sign to $3.10 as I'm pumping my gas. Is this going on everywhere. Fifty cents in one day?

Hall Of Fame
    Speaking of Vermont, I am going Skiing there in December (Stratton), nice place?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y]I Noticed all the gas stations in Burlington Vermont are now $3.10 and up per gallon. This morning they were all around $2.60. I pulled in to a gas station and filled up for $2.60 when I saw the owner change the sign to $3.10 as I'm pumping my gas. Is this going on everywhere. Fifty cents in one day?[/QUOTE]

The few refineries we have are in the damage Zone from the
    Hurricane!! :eek:

What's going on, is that this is f'n ridiculous. There is no gas shortage - just an excuse to raise gas prices, and choke hard working Americans. :mad:

Yes they went up like 30-50 everywhere. Its ridiculous.

PS: Stratton is my favorite mountain in VT. dont waste time at okemo. Killington and Mt Snow are good too, but the town @ stratton reminds me of 'Rado a little bit.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet Addict SouthFL]Speaking of Vermont, I am going Skiing there in December (Stratton), nice place?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the skiing is a lot better in the west. Vermont skiing is good for people in the Northeast but if I lived elsewhere I'd go to Colorado, Utah etc.

All Pro
    Nah This Is Crazy I Just Paid 20 Dollars And Got Exacly 7 Gallons I Cant Remeber It Being This F"d Up

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Jet Addict SouthFL]Speaking of Vermont, I am going Skiing there in December (Stratton), nice place?[/QUOTE]

what type of terrain do you ski?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=savage69]The few refineries we have are in the damage Zone from the
    Hurricane!! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Bingo

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y]Yeah, but the skiing is a lot better in the west. Vermont skiing is good for people in the Northeast but if I lived elsewhere I'd go to Colorado, Utah etc.[/QUOTE]

i lived in CO for 2 years to ski.

i LOVE glades, bumps, cliffs, etc.

Jay Peak in VT has hands down the best glades and most snowfall i've seen (even in CO)

Mad River Glen VT is my other favorite(and skiers only!)

[QUOTE=Piper]Bingo[/QUOTE]
    Don't forget all the bleeding hart liberals, and the democratic congress. They don't want a refinery in there district. 4.50 by the end of the month.

All League
    Supply<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Need for Alt. form of energy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Administration's Stance :sleepin:

Though he didn't come out and say it, Bush intimated that rationing is coming, and fairly soon. There will be a shortage given our usage.

They just can't replace the lost 30% of normal oil production, never mind boost production of the remaining refineries that quickly.

One thing for sure, somehow, someway, the oil companies profits will explode.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I hear that Alaska's got a little bit of crude under all that snow and ice....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw]I hear that Alaska's got a little bit of crude under all that snow and ice....[/QUOTE]
    Funny thing Is the reindeer and Caribou love the Alaska pipe line!
    They use it to help them grind their Horns and scratch their backs! :P

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :D

Vermont? I'm here in orldando and it's friggin nuts

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TerryBadway]Supply<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Need for Alt. form of energy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Administration's Stance :sleepin:[/QUOTE]

The administration is against building more refineries?

I work in the shipping industry and manage a fleet of oil tankers. The hurricane has caused a ripple effect. The Miss River was a vital component to our supply. With the ships not able to call the port they are being filtered to other ports such as Houston which is causing a severe back log. Tie in damage to oil platforms in the Gulf as well as damage to the Colonial Pipeline, you have major hikes looming.

[QUOTE=adione718]Nah This Is Crazy I Just Paid 20 Dollars And Got Exacly 7 Gallons I Cant Remeber It Being This F"d Up[/QUOTE]
    ...so did I love....Im loving my little Neon right now. I'll just really feel the crunch now. Cause I know others that have been feeling it since it was $2. It's crazy man...Im ready to park the damn car and take public transpo....whoa I think I just lost my mind....lol. gas is definately high

All League
    [QUOTE=Piper]The administration is against building more refineries?[/QUOTE]

I'll play with you Piper..........."I think so" :brushteet