Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT- Mets = playoffs?

Banned

OT- Mets = playoffs?

I am a Yankee fan an although i am not always, in fact nearly never rooting for them this is one of those rare times where iam excited for them and would like to see them in the october dance.... so the yanks can slap em around again

Seriously though if youre a Met fan THIS is the time to go out and support youre team, right now their .5 games out of the wild card lead playing the phillies and can win, everyone benefits if NY has 2 playoff teams again... and may help the jets get their crib in flushing. So again if youre a met fan go out and support them, if youre not a met fan but live in the NY metro area, dont be a dumbass.

From a yankee fan to a mets fan....GO METS!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipShot
    I am a Yankee fan an although i am not always, in fact nearly never rooting for them this is one of those rare times where iam excited for them and would like to see them in the october dance.... so the yanks can slap em around again

Seriously though if youre a Met fan THIS is the time to go out and support youre team, right now their .5 games out of the wild card lead playing the phillies and can win, everyone benefits if NY has 2 playoff teams again... and may help the jets get their crib in flushing. So again if youre a met fan go out and support them, if youre not a met fan but live in the NY metro area, dont be a dumbass.

From a yankee fan to a mets fan....GO METS!
    The only thing the Yankees are going to be slapping is their collective monkeys. Although Giambi's has probably shrunk down to nothing.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Thanks Chippy you just jinxed us..........bastid........

how patronizing... we don't need you to tell us when to support our team.

also, so you can slap us around in the playoffs? the yanks are no lock, either

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    how patronizing... we don't need you to tell us when to support our team.

also, so you can slap us around in the playoffs? the yanks are no lock, either
    i dont need to tell you to support youre team when their right in the thick of the wild card race, and up to tonight shea has been half full. Ok you go half @ss on youre team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    Thanks Chippy you just jinxed us..........bastid........
    maby so, as soon as i posted this pedro starting giving up home runs

and up to tonight shea has been half full.
    Incorrect. Bring the facts or go home.

Banned
    Incorrect. Bring the facts or go home.
    youre incorrect... mets games up to tonight have been averaging somewhere around 37k a game, while there is room for a good 20k more

youre incorrect... mets games up to tonight have been averaging somewhere around 37k a game, while there is room for a good 20k more
    The Mets are 7th in attendance, and they have to share a market with another team. When you were a twinkle in your momma's eye in the 80's/early 90's, the Yanks didn't draw anyone when they sucked.

Banned
    The Mets are 7th in attendance, and they have to share a market with another team. When you were a twinkle in your momma's eye in the 80's/early 90's, the Yanks didn't draw anyone when they sucked.
    their 7th because they draw around 37k (about 2/3 of shea) game while the rest of the leauge gets about 20k a game.

their 7th
    yup. in a market that has to share two teams. case closed. thanks for playing.

Banned
    their 7th because they draw around 37k (about 2/3 of shea) game while the rest of the leauge gets about 20k a game.
    see my point is regardless of the exact numbers and that stuff, the mets are in a position they are rarely in... a playoff race approaching sept. there should be people fighting outside for tickets and a sea of blue and orange in the seats. lets face it this might be the only time in the near future the mets have a chance this late in the year, get it while its hot

Banned
    well the mets lost 8-2, i cant say lack of support had anything to do with it, pedro just had an off day, and my post may have had an impact.

see my point is regardless of the exact numbers and that stuff, the mets are in a position they are rarely in... a playoff race approaching sept. there should be people fighting outside for tickets and a sea of blue and orange in the seats. lets face it this might be the only time in the near future the mets have a chance this late in the year, get it while its hot
    You're an idiot... the Mets have no future? I think your allegiance to the Yankees has blinded your reality... this team actually have young players on it with promise, and an actual farm system.

Veteran

TO be fair, Yankee stadium's neighborhood was in the dead center of the crack wars then. The 4 train was ridiculously unsafe. You were lucky if you only had your car radio stolen iof you went to the game. During the crack boom, yankee stadium's neighborhood was not exactly the best place

Those #s are so inflated it's ridiculous, there is no way(except when soul glo pedro starts or whent he yanks are there) that they draw 37,000/game. They had their biggest game in 4 years on Tuesday and barely drew over 30,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money
    TO be fair, Yankee stadium's neighborhood was in the dead center of the crack wars then. The 4 train was ridiculously unsafe. You were lucky if you only had your car radio stolen iof you went to the game. During the crack boom, yankee stadium's neighborhood was not exactly the best place
    ok, you're being a little dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Those #s are so inflated it's ridiculous, there is no way(except when soul glo pedro starts or whent he yanks are there) that they draw 37,000/game. They had their biggest game in 4 years on Tuesday and barely drew over 30,000.
    numbers don't lie

It is clear the Mets win it all this year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaT
    It is clear the Mets win it all this year.
    amen