Thread: France to the Resuce!

France to the Resuce!

[QUOTE]France May Mobilize Relief From Caribbean

Thursday, September 01, 2005

FOXNews.com

NEW ORLEANS French humanitarian aid officials met on Thursday to examine ways of providing support for victims of Hurricane Katrina (search) in the United States, a French Foreign Ministry spokesman said. France is considering ways of mobilizing relief teams from the French Antilles (search) in the Caribbean, ministry spokesman Denis Simonneau said at a news conference.

"France expresses its readiness to bring this aid based on the needs American authorities express," he said. French authorities were following Katrina's aftermath "with particular attention," he added.

Authorities set up a telephone hotline in France for people to obtain information about relatives or friends who may be missing in the hurricane-ravaged region, Simonneau said.

It was not immediately clear how many French citizens might have been in the region when the hurricane hit.

A day earlier, French President Jacques Chirac (search) sent a message of solidarity to U.S. President George W. Bush, saying France was standing by the victims of the hurricane.[/QUOTE]

Thank God, eh?

Jets Insider VIP
    Dear France,

Thanks for the help! We're still a little pissed about the backstabbing; and the "we must oppose the hyperpower" remark; and the fact that none of you shower; and the underarm hair on your women... but I digress.

Love,
    the US

ps: We still want to kick your dopey asses off the Security Council in favor of real countries. Have a nice day. :D

France has quietly upped it's military presence in Afghanistan too...

Maybe France is finally getting it.

[QUOTE=New England Hick]France has quietly upped it's military presence in Afghanistan too...

Maybe France is finally getting it.[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath on that one Hick.....

Just because they speak creole french or whatever its called, does not mean the frogs are needed for this one. How about helping to protect their own country or lend a hand or two going after terrorists. Sickening.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead]Just because they speak creole french or whatever its called, does not mean the frogs are needed for this one. How about helping to protect their own country or lend a hand or two going after terrorists. Sickening.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think of that (about the creole) - so New Orleans and Quebec will get help, and everyone is SOL?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Free Evian??

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe the victims can use Frances white flags for blankets. :P

Ok cheap shot, but it was just too easy.

We should be thankful that France is offering help, really, it's a good thing.

We should never look a gift horse in the mouth. Whatever that means.

Banned
    how do the french find hairy females sexy? :dunno:

If France did not offer help they would be slammed, if they do offer help they are slammed. Just how bad this disaster is much like the suonomi took a few days to seep out. Here in Canada afte the initial warnings of dire circumstances the tv stations were saying that New Orleans got lucky because the hurricane turned east and was downgraded to a 4 from a 5, only another day or so later did it start coming out just how bad things were there. Canada has pledged both helicopter rescue help and their mobile emegency program among other things but noone has gotten back to them (as of yesterday eve) as to where they need to be deployed.

[QUOTE=ChipShot]how do the french find hairy females sexy? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

It takes LOTS of wine........

[QUOTE=quantum]I didn't even think of that (about the creole) - so New Orleans and Quebec will get help, and everyone is SOL?[/QUOTE]
    Exactly!

I'm the last guy to support France or anything French.... but you guys do realize the massive difference between providing relief for victims of a natural disaster and participating in a war....

Tell me you do...

Using that comparison to slam France is assinine.
    After all, there are so many more valid reasons to hate the French.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Any word from Kuwait?

It's not like we've ever done anything for them.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=broadwayjoe2]I'm the last guy to support France or anything French.... but you guys do realize the massive difference between providing relief for victims of a natural disaster and participating in a war....

Tell me you do...

Using that comparison to slam France is assinine.
    After all, there are so many more valid reasons to hate the French.[/QUOTE]

Its not about the war as far as I'm concerned; its about the "opposing the hyperpower" crap from an "ally".

You Americans shouldn't take things so personally about France.
    It's in their nature to thumb their noses to the USA and the UK.....

They're French and they're moody little *****es.....

It's just the nature of the beast.