Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fats Domino missing

All Pro

Fats Domino missing

his agent hasn't been able to find him or his family-Katrina continues to rob us of so much

That is not a funny joke if you are joking... and its a sad state of affairs if you are being honest.

What a mess we have going on down there... and no one really knows what to do.

He sought safety on higher ground. Check for him on Blueberry Hill.

All Pro
    come on Fume what kind of an idiot do you take me for-of course I'm serious-it's on My Netscape's front page _I'll get hang on

All Pro
    Entertainment
    Thursday, Sept. 1, 2005
    Fats Domino Is Missing in New Orleans

NEW YORK (AP) - Fats Domino was missing Thursday, days after
    Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans, said his longtime agent,
    Al Embry.
    Embry told The Associated Press that he hadn't been able to
    contact Domino since talking to him Sunday evening by phone.
    The 77-year-old R&B legend, whose real name is Antoine Domino,
    told Embry that he planned to stay at his New Orleans house with
    his wife, Rosemary, and their daughter.
    ``I hope somebody turns him up, but as of right now, we haven't
    got anybody that knows where he's at,'' said Embry, who has worked
    with Domino for 28 years. ``I would think he might be safe because
    somebody said he was on top of the balcony.''
    Checquoline Davis, Domino's niece, posted a message on
    Craigslist.com Thursday pleading for information. Davis wrote that
    Domino, his wife, their children and grandchildren ``didn't get
    out'' of the second floor.
    Domino, who has rarely appeared in public in recent years, has a
    home in the 9th ward, a low-lying area of the flooded city.
    Getting information on possible missing persons has been nearly
    impossible as phone lines for hospitals and police haven't been
    working.
    Domino has sold more than 110 million records in his long
    career, including the legendary singles ``Blueberry Hill'' and
    ``Ain't That a Shame.''
    His 1950 recording of ``The Fat Man'' is sometimes called the
    first real rock 'n' roll record. He was among the first honorees to
    the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Did they check Strawberry Fields then?
    Last edited by TampaT; 09-01-2005 at 02:35 PM.

[QUOTE=Baddniss]He sought safety on higher ground. Check for him on Blueberry Hill.[/QUOTE]

o man..you aint right.....lol

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=Baddniss]He sought safety on higher ground. Check for him on Blueberry Hill.[/QUOTE]

LOL...post of the day.

You beat me to it.

:)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This would be a great loss. He was awesome at Jazz Fest last year. Even though he rarely played, he'd be missed.

when he was asked about the hurricane. he responded "aint that a shame." when his wife told him a helicopter would pull them up to safety he said" im walking, yes indeed im walking." when she asked where he was walking he told her, "im walking to new orleans." he feels this is definately "blue monday.". when asked when he might go to the superdome to see a football game he said "when the saints go marching in."

Stuff is not funny people... folks are dead cause there elected officials FAILED to do what was right by the voters and protect the city from disaster.
    These people payed taxes to the city of Nawleans, and look at what they get.
    Pumps don't work, levee's broke... and no plan for how to care for citizens in case the walls cracked.

I know they can ot stop nature, but they can and should have planned for it... in case it happens.

Its ashame... people running around acting wild, mainly because they have no idea what is going on. Sad... all this technology, and nothing anyone can really do to help alleviate the situation.

I hope Fats is safe... I hope my uncle-in-laws families are safe.

That city shold never have been built in the first place... bad, bad idea....

great post fumes. I agree totally. Seems like they had no disaster plans for something like this....criminal.

All Pro
    exactly Fumes this administration's policies stopped funding to shore up the levies and used those monies instead for Iraq war-this can't be overlooked.Also,why is it that we are seeing so many minorites?Why is the poor are the most affected?Policies...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SoFlaJets]exactly Fumes this administration's policies stopped funding to shore up the levies and used those monies instead for Iraq war-this can't be overlooked.Also,why is it that we are seeing so many minorites?Why is the poor are the most affected?Policies...[/QUOTE]

Not to be very nit picky but you just made the term minority and poor synonymous. That's bigotry my friend.

how can you guys joke about someone dying in that hurricane? that's sick.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PhillyJetsPhanatic]Not to be very nit picky but you just made the term minority and poor synonymous. That's bigotry my friend.[/QUOTE]

you are nitpicking and it's not bigotry when it's a fact-look at the television

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=daysean]great post fumes. I agree totally. Seems like they had no disaster plans for something like this....criminal.[/QUOTE]They built higher levees after the last hurricane. They hadn't planned for a bigger one because it's never happened. If California falls into the Pacific are we gonna blame somebody, too?

Not going to get all political with this, nor will I get all racial with it... money was diverted away from trying to make the city safe and sent somewhere... I am not sure where, and I am not sure what it was used for.

The displaced people seem to be mainly African American, and while I have no idea what the value of their properties were, I have not seen nearly as many displaced non-whites. I do not know if those people are poor, but at the very least, they appear to be desperate.

Those two things having been said...

The city should be vacated for good, thats right... not rebuilt, not fixed, not made stronger... left. Its a pit between a river and a lake... a disaster waiting to happen. I got trapped in some low lying area next to the Alabama River once. Rain came, hard compacted clay ground turned slick like ice, and we were stuck... for hours. Finally got to higher ground, and got out... but a bad experience nonetheless.

My point is this... its a really bad idea to have a city squeezed between the mighty Mississippi and a relatively shallow Lake Pontchatrain. Its always a bad idea to have a city in a flood plain, especially when the city sits lower than the water!!!!! Water is not something you can plan for. Its not something you can predict or prevent... it flows in its own direction and it finds ways to get into things.

Elected officials should have made levee repair and pump upgrades a part of the normal city budget every year. An emergency evacuation route should have been built and kept up regularly. Emergency warning systems, and rescue and recover procedures should have been in place... the POLICE should have ambulance boats and patrol boats in case of just this type of event. These things shold have been the norm... just in case.

They weren't... and now the city is ruined.

Where did tax dollars go? Where did federal funds go?

Why aren't the "massive pumps" fed by underground waterproof electrical lines that would work underwater cause they are underground? Insulate them in PVC composite materials so power can still get to them....????

All Pro
    in 1999 Bill Clinton started a program to restore the levies and in 2003 it was de-funded.The worker worked for a YEAR with no pay until materials ran out.Thanks George.Anything Clinton was to be abandonded by the neo-con doctrine-they've done a great job.Boy I'm so glad the cheap gas prices we're getting are at least one good thing that came from the war-oh wait never mind.Bush was playing friggin golf in Arizona the day after Katrina hit-great leadership.