Thread: OT-Steroids should never have been made illegal

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

OT-Steroids should never have been made illegal

My cousin who has been taking steroids for 5 years just found out he has a Kidney enlargement disorder; Which is a side effect from Steroid use. This guy was a little nuts; he overdosed and didn't know what he was doing. I told him to stick with Creatine(like I use) but he didn't listen. I blame congress for this as they made a HUGE mistake by making this stuff illegal in the first place..

When Steroids were legal the majority of people did it under doctor supervision which makes chances of severe side effects less likeley. My cousin and I both feel that if he was able to do it under doctor supervision that this would not happen..

The American government has failed 100% with steroids. First of all it's use is steadily increasing each year which prooves that it is easy to obtain, and if you want to use them you can. If everyone who wants to use them can use them one way or the other why not just legalize it, and have them do it under doctors supervision? Also it would eliminate Steroid sale on the black market, and the consumer would actually know what they're putting into their bodies.

Overall Steroids don't effect anyone, but yourself.. You're not going to get high from them and hurt somewhere else during the high like Cocaine and Heroin...Congress should treat steroids like cigarettes IMO...make it legal at age 21 though.
    Last edited by JacktheRipper; 09-01-2005 at 06:15 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    My cousin who has been taking steroids for 5 years just found out he has a Kidney enlargement disorder; Which is a side effect from Steroid use. This guy was a little nuts; he overdosed and didn't know what he was doing. I told him to stick with Creatine(like I use) but he didn't listen. I blame congress for this as they made a HUGE mistake by making this stuff illegal in the first place..

When Steroids were legal the majority of people did it under doctor supervision which makes chances of severe side effects less likeley. My cousin and I both feel that if he was able to do it under doctor supervision that this would not happen..

The American government has failed 100% with steroids. First of all it's use is steadily increasing each year which prooves that it is easy to obtain, and if you want to use them you can. If everyone who wants to use them can use them one way or the other why not just legalize it, and have them do it under doctors supervision? Also it would eliminate Steroid sale on the black market, and the consumer would actually know what they're putting into their bodies.

Overall Steroids don't effect anyone, but yourself.. You're not going to get high from them and hurt somewhere else during the high like Cocaine and Heroin...Congress should treat steroids like cigarettes IMO...make it legal at age 21 though.
    I assume, then, that you feel that way about most drugs, or at least Marijuana and ecstacy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist
    I assume, then, that you feel that way about most drugs, or at least Marijuana and ecstacy?
    Why would you assume that? I am against all those hippy/queer drugs because they actually can affect someone other then yourself. Also they don't give you any benefits so there is no reason to take them right? This thread is about steroids and simply steroids.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you assume that? I am against all those hippy/queer drugs because they actually can affect someone other then yourself. Also they don't give you any benefits so there is no reason to take them right? This thread is about steroids and simply steroids.
    hippy queer drugs? wow... what planet are you from -

Anyhow, based on that last statement, you should be for the illigaization of alcohol and cigarettes since alcohol causes more deaths than all otehr drugs combined and cigarettes cost our health system billions of dollars

Funny thing is, some steroids are legal - do you think all steroids, regardless of danger should be made legal?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Steroids are legal under a doctors supervision. They prescribe steroids for certain instances example:burn victims.
    But I feel the use of steroids for bulking up is ridiculous since you could take Creatine like you said to assist more naturally.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    creatine does not assist you naturally

the notion above is ridiculous, you can not compare an illegal substance to a legal one (roids to ciggs)

your cousin did harm to himself, taking the risk of injuring his health because he did not know how to use this illegal drug

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or you can, you know, not be dumb enough to take illegal substances. Your cousin is an idiot. Just another example of natural selection working itself out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!!!!! Jack you are an ignorant fool.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why they make laws like this. To protect people from their own stupity.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Overall Steroids don't effect anyone, but yourself.. You're not going to get high from them and hurt some[one] else during the high like Cocaine and Heroin...Congress should treat steroids like cigarettes IMO...make it legal at age 21 though.
    [cough]'roid rage[/cough]