Thread: Sign of Hope in Iraq

Jets Insider VIP

Sign of Hope in Iraq

from an article in today's Post:

The demonstration by at least 5,000 people in Basra, the country's second largest city, was organized by the Supreme Council of Islamic Revolution in Iraq and the Shiite Dawa Party. It was larger than the rallies Sunni Arabs have staged against the constitution recent weeks.

The rally was sponsored by two major Shiite parties whose representatives played a key role in drafting the new charter.

The two parties are the largest Shiite political groupings in Iraq, and their representatives played a key role in drafting the new charter.

Demonstrators chanted "Yes to the constitution!" and carried banners that said: "The constitution is a guarantee for better future," and "Freedom and justice will be achieved by this constitution."

-------------------------

yes, there still are bad things happening, but the 3 main factions are still discussing like civilized people. a simple request: if you can, try not to piss on the parade. thanks.

Bet you won't see that reported by the MSM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

this is also one of those signs of progress that Bit wants to see but is never enough...

Good, lets pack it up and head to NO.

how bad have things become when we are pointing at pro-consitution demostrators as a sign of progress? the Shiites want their majority gov't this is not exactly breaking news.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]how bad have things become when we are pointing at pro-consitution demostrators as a sign of progress? the Shiites want their majority gov't this is not exactly breaking news.[/QUOTE]

I told ya :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti]how bad have things become when we are pointing at pro-consitution demostrators as a sign of progress? the Shiites want their majority gov't this is not exactly breaking news.[/QUOTE]

amazing. now put it back in yer pants...

cmon a parade of shouting demonstrators is progress? there's a phrase for that it's called civil unrest.

wake me when they establish law and order. :zzz: