Thread: Anyone Hear Kanye West On Nbc Aid Show?

All League

Anyone Hear Kanye West On Nbc Aid Show?

WOW - Kanye West just made quite a splash with what he said.

Any feedback?

All League
    For those who missed out:

It was Kanye West and Mike Myers asking people to donate.

They are ad-libbing. Kanye West then exclaims "They gave them authority to shoot at us."

Mike Myers looks a bit uneasy senseing WEst's anger and tries a softer approach and the West blurts out: "George Bush doen't care about black people" and you could tell he was debating whether or not to speak his mind. Myers just looked off camera and then they cut to Chris Tucker asking for people to donate.

The man made QUITE a statement to a national audience.

Hall Of Fame
    No need to reply... the whole world just saw how assinine the man is. What's worse, it will probably help him sell another 10 million albums.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Kanye West is an unmitigated dipsh:t. And who among us is surprised to see the race card played? It makes me want to vomit.

George Bush has appointed African Americans to the 4 highest positions ever held by African Americans in our government's history. But you know what? To all the rest of the African Americans, his appointees are "Uncle Toms" or "House N-----s" (their words not mine) or worse.

I've actually heard people claim that he is intentionally slowing down resources to New Orleans because, A) Most of those affected are black, and B) Most of those affected are not Bush voters.

It is true that it is a shameful national disgrace that those people are still under those conditions -- there is plenty of blame to go around, from the local, state and federal government to the roving bands of armed sh:tbags hindering the rescue efforts. But to claim it's happening because Bush is a racist is pea-brained-drooling-idiot ignorance.

[QUOTE=shakin318]Kanye West is an unmitigated dipsh:t. And who among us is surprised to see the race card played? It makes me want to vomit.

George Bush has appointed African Americans to the 4 highest positions ever held by African Americans in our government's history. But you know what? To all the rest of the African Americans, his appointees are "Uncle Toms" or "House N-----s" (their words not mine) or worse.

I've actually heard people claim that he is intentionally slowing down resources to New Orleans because, A) Most of those affected are black, and B) Most of those affected are not Bush voters.

It is true that it is a shameful national disgrace that those people are still under those conditions -- there is plenty of blame to go around, from the local, state and federal government to the roving bands of armed sh:tbags hindering the rescue efforts. But to claim it's happening because Bush is a racist is pea-brained-drooling-idiot ignorance.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree here. West is cluless, and like many these days, is playing the race card when it isn't appropriate. Anyhting to forward an agenda, I suppose..... :rolleyes:

West is not the first to express these sentiments, but he's the only one to express that sentiment during a televised effort to support the victims. That to me is downright selfish... it'd be like posting that here in a thread asking for donations... the place for it is in the politics forum. The place for West was ANY number of the numerous interviews he's about to do to support his new album. Doing it in that forum jeopardized the effort to raise funds for the victims...

People will say West was only speaking how he felt, speaking the unspoken... I disagree that it's unspoken... unspoken until Thursday maybe, but I've heard numerous interviews and soundbites to that effect from leaders and citizens since then... it's not like he's the first to speak out on it, only the first to do it in a completely innappropriate forum.

And I think ALL AMERICANS have every right to be pissed, this was a logistical nightmare from the start, a complete botch-job. But it's also completely ignorant to blame only the federal government or the Bush administration for it, there's plenty of blame to go around here, starting on the city and state level... people who want to put the blame only on Bush's shoulders have no concept of federalism, and how certain powers and responsibilities lie with states, and that there are procedures that need to be followed in order for the the federal government to step in. To me that means West is either ignorant, or has a political agenda he wanted to further in the most innapropriate of places.

As far as 'they authorized them to shoot us'... I wonder how West would feel if he had a sick family member dying in a New Orleans hospital, with no chance for aid or evacuation because people were taking pot-shots at incoming helicopters, and bum-rushing ambulances trying to steal them. I wonder how he'd feel if his grand-parents were in the non-evacuated nursing home that was ransacked for it's supplies by looters, left with no food or water. There were black people that needed help more than anyone in those places. Sure Kanye, martial law was too much. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318]Kanye West is an unmitigated dipsh:t. And who among us is surprised to see the race card played? It makes me want to vomit.

It is true that it is a shameful national disgrace that those people are still under those conditions -- there is plenty of blame to go around, from the local, state and federal government to the roving bands of armed sh:tbags hindering the rescue efforts. But to claim it's happening because Bush is a racist is pea-brained-drooling-idiot ignorance.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish]I have to agree here. West is cluless, and like many these days, is playing the race card when it isn't appropriate. Anyhting to forward an agenda, I suppose..... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yup. And the night's agenda was to raise funds for those desperate folks down there, and you could almost hear checkbooks slamming shut across America when that idiot opened his mouth.

Great job Kanye, you're a freakin scholar.

All Pro
    If you watch any benefit these hollywood hemorroids produce, then you deserve what you get.

I don't need these jacka$$es to guide me to do the right thing. My check was in the mail on Monday.

On a side note: isn't it funny how the situation in iraq seems to have calmed down a bit. The mainstream media has something more tragic to cover now.

Veteran

:applause::applause::applause: