Thread: The citizens sicken me not the government

The citizens sicken me not the government

One side wants to drill, build refineries, and is pushing for SUV's to get better gas mileage.

The other blames the first for higher gas prices, natural disasters, and Bush being in the media even though he's a public figure.

It doesn't make sense.

If you don't like the gas prices buy a bike.

Why are people crying over this when you obviously still have a warm home, computer, food, water, and probably air conditioning. People out there have lost their homes, familiy, all their material posessions to this Hurricane and you want to climb atop their misery and use it as a pulpit against Bush?

you're pathetic

Complaining about the war is the same thing. Troops over there are risking their lives daily in this effort. They overwhelmingly support GWB because they have first hand knowledge and insight of the situation. The biggest complaints about the war come from people driving the SUV's, drinking bottled water, sitting in air conditioning, and chomping at the bit to slam Bush.

If the troops and their families aren't complaining, then why are you?

My thoughts exactly, Jack
    :yes: :yes:

[QUOTE=JacktheRipper]One side wants to drill, build refineries, and is pushing for SUV's to get better gas mileage.

The other blames the first for higher gas prices, natural disasters, and Bush being in the media even though he's a public figure.

It doesn't make sense.

If you don't like the gas prices buy a bike.

Why are people crying over this when you obviously still have a warm home, computer, food, water, and probably air conditioning. People out there have lost their homes, familiy, all their material posessions to this Hurricane and you want to climb atop their misery and use it as a pulpit against Bush?

you're pathetic

Complaining about the war is the same thing. Troops over there are risking their lives daily in this effort. They overwhelmingly support GWB because they have first hand knowledge and insight of the situation. The biggest complaints about the war come from people driving the SUV's, drinking bottled water, sitting in air conditioning, and chomping at the bit to slam Bush.

If the troops and their families aren't complaining, then why are you?[/QUOTE]
    Some people live to complain.

btw, a lawsuit is started by filing a "complaint".

[QUOTE=Jetcane]Some people live to complain.

btw, a lawsuit is started by filing a "complaint".[/QUOTE]

By some you mean the hippy lefty liberals :yes:

If the troops and their families aren't complaining, then why are you?[/QUOTE

You may need to do some research, maybe read a paper or two.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726]If the troops and their families aren't complaining, then why are you?[/QUOTE

You may need to do some research, maybe read a paper or two.[/QUOTE]

it'll definitely change his point of view- he'll only get the cindy sheehan side of the story and nary hear about the 1000's who disagree with her...

That's the only person? I know a few personally who don't want to go back there because they are fed up.

It was like this doing the Nam era and we all thought we were doing the right thing. This is a great country and what makes it great is we have the freedom to voice our opinions. Bashing Bush is being done because he is the top man on the pole. The are the very same reasons many of us bashed Clinton.

We have to get this thing right. There is no room for make believe bs to fool the general public. I fully supported the Iraq war until we found out about falsehoods about Iraq's wmd. As far as complaining about gasoline prices, I urge everyone to sign petitions so that the government looks into price gouging and ungodly profits by the oil companies. Being retired I live on a fix income and I can't afford to just sit back and do nothing.