Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Chieft Justice William Rehnquist Dies.

Banned

Supreme Court Chieft Justice William Rehnquist Dies.

Will be missed in the judicial system.

Banned
    And another Jesus Freak enters the Supreme Court.

Banned
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]And another Jesus Freak enters the Supreme Court.[/QUOTE]

probably, lets move the courts further to the right :shakehead .

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ChipShot]probably, lets move the courts further to the right :shakehead .[/QUOTE]

To the right, where they should be

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]And another Jesus Freak enters the Supreme Court.[/QUOTE]

Are you worried that you can't drag your girlfriend to a clinic everytime you forget to wrap your little buddy?

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]Are you worried that you can't drag your girlfriend to a clinic everytime you forget to wrap your little buddy?[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]Are you worried that you can't drag your girlfriend to a clinic everytime you forget to wrap your little buddy?[/QUOTE]

No sir, I prefer coat hangers. :P

It's just the fact that more and more religious nuts are getting powerful in a supposedly free society. It's a little unsettling.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]No sir, I prefer coat hangers. :P

It's just the fact that more and more religious nuts are getting powerful in a supposedly free society. It's a little unsettling.[/QUOTE]

Which of those religious nuts are you referring to?

Are you suggesting that those that are devout be disqualified from office... in our free society? ;)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]No sir, I prefer coat hangers. :P

.[/QUOTE]

By-the-way, there is no humor in that statement.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]Which of those religious nuts are you referring to?

Are you suggesting that those that are devout be disqualified from office... in our free society? ;)[/QUOTE]

No. Those that preach it and force it upon others however, should.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]By-the-way, there is no humor in that statement.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was, but I'm going to Hell anyway.........RIGHT?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]No. Those that preach it and force it upon others however, [U]should[/U].[/QUOTE]

Again, who are you referring to?

And once again, isn't that contrary your statement about a free society? Shouldn't thost people be free to express their opinions, run for and get elected to office?

Aren't you free to NOT vote for those people and NOT vote for those that would appoint such people?

[QUOTE]I thought it was, but I'm going to Hell anyway.........RIGHT?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, are you? Methinks you are making an assumption about me because I am simply commenting on what I believe to be a flaw in your logic.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]Again, who are you referring to?

And once again, isn't that contrary your statement about a free society? Shouldn't thost people be free to express their opinions, run for and get elected to office?

Aren't you free to NOT vote for those people and NOT vote for those that would appoint such people?
    [/QUOTE]

Yes I am and I didn't vote for "those people." Unfortunately we have a lot of dopes who bought into the notion that a draft-dodger who had daddy keep him out of harm's way was a tough guy while a real war hero was the wimp.

But that's how the system works, and the system has proven to work better than any other in the World, so I won't criticize it. My problem is that as of late it seems like we're mixing more and more religion into our government. Doing so can become very dangerous.

I have no qualms with people practicing religion. Just don't force it upon me. :yes:

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]
    I don't know, are you? Methinks you are making an assumption about me because I am simply commenting on what I believe to be a flaw in your logic.[/QUOTE]

I was making an assumption. Thank you for clearing that up.

Hasn't every President of the US been a Christian?
    (JFK was the first Catholic iirc)
    And aside from bj clinton, didnt all of them go to church?
    Even Carter, who admitted he lusted in his heart, according to the Bible, is devout.

It's not the fact that religious people are in the govt that is new- it's that people objecting to them are the newbies.

I am not religious, nor am I Christian. But I dont mind if politicians occasionally have some moral backbone that they derive from something other than pop culture.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jetcane]Hasn't every President of the US been a Christian?
    (JFK was the first Catholic iirc)
    And aside from bj clinton, didnt all of them go to church?
    Even Carter, who admitted he lusted in his heart, according to the Bible, is devout.

It's not the fact that religious people are in the govt that is new- it's that people objecting to them are the newbies.

I am not religious, nor am I Christian. But I dont mind if politicians occasionally have some moral backbone that they derive from something other than pop culture.[/QUOTE]

Yes they are Christians and that's fine. The problem isn't the fact that they are religious, it's when they bring that religion to their job. When they tell you and me how we should be living our lives.

I am a catholic, but I don't make my judgements on morality from what the church tells me. I don't live my life the way they tell me to. I live by what my gut tells me is right. I don't lie, cheat, steal or hurt anyone.

I have plenty of issues with this. My fiancee's family is very religious (Irish Catholics). My stance on religion is the one thing they don't like about me.

All League
    I guess Pat Robertson's prayers were answered. He was publically praying for another SC vacancy.

[QUOTE] I live by what my gut tells me is right.[/QUOTE]

That's how I make most of the decisions in my life, too. :)

My gut also tells me that abortion is wrong, and so is a guy smoking another guy's pole.

The fact that the Bible reinforces this is maybe a coincidence, maybe not. So, does that mean that I am using religion to form my ideas?

See, the mere fact that someone's views are consistent with the Bible doesnt make them wrong. But people get upset when someone says "the Bible says..."

[QUOTE=Jetcane]That's how I make most of the decisions in my life, too. :)

My gut also tells me that abortion is wrong, and so is a guy smoking another guy's pole.

The fact that the Bible reinforces this is maybe a coincidence, maybe not. So, does that mean that I am using religion to form my ideas?

See, the mere fact that someone's views are consistent with the Bible doesnt make them wrong. But people get upset when someone says "the Bible says..."[/QUOTE]

The bible also says that you should be stoned to death if you work on sunday, slavery ok, yet god loves you, other fairytales include creating a woman from a rib women get child birth pain because of that devious eve and some the list of ridiculous things etc.... So people get upset when christian nuts quote the bible yet overlook all of these things and point out bible quotes that support their hateful agenda like "guys who smoke poles" are going to hell.
    How does this work? God created everyone and supposedly loves everyone but all fags will burn in hell, wow gotta love that glaring hypocrisy.
    Notice how those that use the bible as a point of reference for an arguement often wonderfully leave out the parts in the book that do not make any sense, are contrary to logic and reason and are often hypocritical to their arguement. They base the parts of the bible that they like as absolute truths but parts they dont like ahh those dont matter much.This is why I hate religious nuts imposing their silly beliefs on me and my country and quote a book that is filled with myths, fairy tales, hypocrisy and attempt to insert it into public policy.

[QUOTE=Jetcane]That's how I make most of the decisions in my life, too. :)

See, the mere fact that someone's views are consistent with the Bible doesnt make them wrong. But people get upset when someone says "the Bible says..."[/QUOTE]

Smoking pole affects 2 people behind closed doors. Why anyone puts any importance on such an issue is beyond me. My life, nor the people around me are affected one bit. So smoke up, Johnny.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think what most of you boys are missing is that Rehnquist was more about a strict interpretation of the Constitution than "moving right". And that means no legislating from the bench, no "making up laws", no wishful thinking.