Thread: OT - Kanye makes a dope out of himself

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

OT - Kanye makes a dope out of himself

I'm not even a Bush guy, but Kanye's rant made me LOL

[url]http://www.smithappens.com/kanyeredcross.php[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    omg, its a tragedy that shouldnt be humored BUT that was some funny shiiiiiit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Genius]omg, its a tragedy that shouldnt be humored BUT that was some funny shiiiiiit.[/QUOTE]

the end part hahaha

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was under the false pretense that this guy was intelligent.

The message withstanding, what a stammering jackass.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont see whats funny...its true, they show black people and say theres rapings and looting, then they show white people and say they havent eaten in days

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Patriot Power]I was under the false pretense that this guy was intelligent.

The message withstanding, what a stammering jackass.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree with you any more.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vilma4Prez]i dont see whats funny...its true, they show black people and say theres rapings and looting, then they show white people and say they havent eaten in days[/QUOTE]

You honestly saw the video and didn't think it was beyond ridiculous?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most people stammer when they're furious -- which he obviously was. But it's hard to be calm in a situation like that.

It's stunning that he actually said what he did at the end of the tape, but he voiced something that -- regardless of whether it's true or not -- many, many people in this country feel today. It'll take a long time for hthe president to re-gain the trust of many Americans.

The tragedy was not Bush's fault, but as the commander-in-chief the President must bear a lot of the ultimate responsibility for the Federal Government's failures this last week. As Truman once noted, the buck stops at his desk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=stinker]Most people stammer when they're furious -- which he obviously was. But it's hard to be calm in a situation like that.

It's stunning that he actually said what he did at the end of the tape, but he voiced something that -- regardless of whether it's true or not -- many, many people in this country feel today. It'll take a long time for him to re-gain the trust of many Americans.

The tragedy was not Bush's fault, but as the commander-in-chief the President must bear a lot of the ultimate responsibility for the Federal Government's failures this last week. As Truman once noted, the buck stops at his desk.[/QUOTE]

It's okay to criticize how something works, but if you have an opportunity to be on TV, you should do your homework and present a clear and concise argument... instead of one long run-on setence. He did more damage than anything.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]You honestly saw the video and didn't think it was beyond ridiculous?[/QUOTE]

not ridiculous.

stinker once put it " many people in this country feel this way"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vilma4Prez]i dont see whats funny...its true, they show black people and say theres rapings and looting, then they show white people and say they havent eaten in days[/QUOTE]
    Cite for me some specific examples please. I've been glued to the coverage since last weekend and haven't seen or heard one instance of what you're claiming. If you're going to throw that out there, back it up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Tucker lmao "What the **** did this nigga just say?"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vilma4Prez]not ridiculous.

stinker once put it " many people in this country feel this way"[/QUOTE]

Many people feel GWB hates black people. BRILLIANT!

Liberal or conservative, there is NO defending Kanye's ignorant and incoherent tirade.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Tucker : "Did you understand the words coming out of his mouth ?"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    seen a couple of times already and mike meyers facial expression make me crack up every time

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    After looking at that clip for the 1st time, I can firmly say that I didn't find it funny, nor do I think Kanye came across as a "stammering jackass"....

There's levels of frustration that many of us perpetually endure, and we are trained to turn the other cheek. At times, however, a person reaches a boiling point. Looking at the tape, regardless of how incoherent, unscripted, and inarticulate the man may have come across, he was clearly being [B]sincere[/B].

Underneath all the "stammering" and "assumptions", I think there was quite a bit of truth. It just so happens to be the type of truth that people don't want to come to grips with.

All that being said, I'll agree that it wasn't the right forum to make those comments.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kanye was wrong:

Bush actually cares about no one. The man has no regard or idea what it's like to suffer. White, Black, Blue, Green, doesn't matter... Bush doesn't care about anyone but the elite that give him power.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]Kanye was wrong:

Bush actually cares about no one. The man has no regard or idea what it's like to suffer. White, Black, Blue, Green, doesn't matter... Bush doesn't care about anyone but the elite that give him power.[/QUOTE]

excellent point...the problem is more one of socio-economic class than race...it just so happens that the majority of the population of new orleans is black AND poor, which is always a winning combination in the minds of the political elite...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TerryBadway]After looking at that clip for the 1st time, I can firmly say that I didn't find it funny, nor do I think Kanye came across as a "stammering jackass"....

There's levels of frustration that many of us perpetually endure, and we are trained to turn the other cheek. At times, however, a person reaches a boiling point. Looking at the tape, regardless of how incoherent, unscripted, and inarticulate the man may have come across, he was clearly being [B]sincere[/B].

Underneath all the "stammering" and "assumptions", I think there was quite a bit of truth. It just so happens to be the type of truth that people don't want to come to grips with.

All that being said, I'll agree that it wasn't the right forum to make those comments.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself. At the same time, who's to say it wasn't the right forum? He was raising money for a crisis mismanaged by a self-serving, criminally negligent and, to his mind, racist administration.

He was talking truth to power when the eyes of the country and the world are on us. Everything he said was incentive for people to give (better than the canned, monotone copy being read by other well meaning celebs) because sadly our gov't, as run, can't be bothered to help poor people in need until doing the as little as possible becomes a political liability.

Put simply, he was giving effective (and, as you said, sincere) voice to people that have no voice at a time when those very people were suffering. Good for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the ingorance in this thread is astounding.