Thread: Why Are Looters Always Democrats?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like

Why Are Looters Always Democrats?

Why Are Looters Always Democrats?

Maybe it’s the Democrat tradition of taking other people’s money and property and believing you’re entitled to it. Or perhaps it’s the years of big-government paternalism that destroys any sense of personal or civic responsibility. Whatever the reason, when the mayhem begins, the looters will invariably be Democrats, or at least products of Democratic households and neighborhoods. Does the party owe America an explanation?

I bring this up only because Democrats and their media lackeys are having a field day blaming Bush for everything from the hurricane itself (“If only he had signed Kyoto!”) to the criminal orgy of looting and destruction (“Why didn’t he stop us?!”). Only a Democrat would loot the local Wal-Mart and then hold the president responsible.

For the record, incompetent and lawless Democrats first failed New Orleans, directly causing the misery that was to follow, and then plundered it. The mayor, police chief and all other city leaders were Democrats. Seldom has a city been so poorly served. And while New Orleans went under, it was a Democrat who sat quaking in the governor’s mansion, the water way over her head. As for the hoodlums doing the looting, vandalizing, raping and random criminalizing, not a Republican in the bunch.

When Democrats face self-inflicted failure of this magnitude, they do what years of liberal dissembling have taught them to do -- they blame somebody else (Bush). Then they play the race card (racist Bush). Of course, had Bush even suggested in advance of Katrina that troops would be standing by to maintain order, the Democrats and their race professionals would have gone apoplectic over the suggestion that their party faithful in the city were savages-in-waiting.

But many were just that, and they didn’t wait long. Everyone else in this Democratic community seemed helpless, the victims of decades of mollycoddling liberalism. The city’s feckless mayor and officials could only stand in front of microphones and plead for Washington to come and save them from the elements and each other. Then, in a ploy to absolve themselves and their party members, looters and all, of any culpability, they called the rescuers racists for not coming sooner.

We don’t expect much from political parties these days, and God knows we don’t get much, but shouldn’t there be some accountability demanded here? Scenes from New Orleans smeared a city, a race, a party and a country. How do Democrats explain the hooligan wing of their party? The response of this wing to disasters and social emergencies -- even increasingly to elections -- tells us all we need to know about the failure of Democratic politics.

And so now, unable to face a pretty ugly truth about themselves, Democrats give us more excuses, more guilt-mongering, more racial hypocrisy. They can’t even bring themselves to condemn the looters. They need their votes.

Imagine a party that tried seriously to help its underclass by addressing moral and ethical issues candidly and honestly. Democrats can’t do that because to suggest one has personal responsibility is to put the lie to the entire victimhood racket. Democrats have stood by for decades, paralyzed by their own liberal rhetoric and their self-interest in government largess, as generations of their young men and women descended into crime and immorality. Their only response was to make excuses for them and demand more money for themselves. Some help that’s been.

Looters belong to that sizable and growing criminal constituency of the Democratic Big Tent. This is the party, after all, fighting state by state to garner the right to vote for illegal aliens and felons, both of which are loyal Democrats. The few looters in New Orleans who will actually be charged with crimes can count on their party officials to come to their defense, closely followed by the party registrar. It’s a big, all-you-can-carry kind of tent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm about as far right leaning as they come in many areas, and frankly your post is illogical and stupid.

I would be willing to bet you that less than 1% of the people looting actually go out and vote, let alone are registered Democrats.
    Last edited by broadwayjoe2; 09-08-2005 at 06:34 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Broadway Joe.

Posts like this undermine any credibility you might seek.

I'll say the same thing that I would say to any liberal poster who threw crap like this up here.

Please stop posting idiotic crap like this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your a joke Hick

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone does need to address why, when there were four major hurricanes in Florida last year and a major blackout in NYC the prior year (Republicans mayors/gov) we did not see a fraction of what we saw right off the bat in New Orleans......

.....and I am not talking about people breaking into stores to steal food, water, baby diapers which were neccesity's...I mean the morning after busting into electronics stores to steal TV's, etc.....

And in equal fashion why are they justifying much of this behavior?? Al Sharpton called the looters "angry taxpayors"....Jesse Jackson said "too much time is being spent on the looters"....

I will say one thing about that rapper West- he is right on the money in one sense; the MSM (the AP) did in fact post a picture of a white guy with bottled water in his hand and say he was taking neccesities while later had a black dude with a case of Pepsi in his hand and called him a looter (will try and link).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hick - where did you get that? Yours or cut and paste from somewhere?

I have to admit I laughed when I read the thread title cuz it sounds like it could have come from one of my favorite political authors. :eek:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Someone does need to address why, when there were four major hurricanes in Florida last year and a major blackout in NYC the prior year (Republicans mayors/gov) we did not see a fraction of what we saw right off the bat in New Orleans......[/QUOTE]

Regardless who is in office. Whether it is the Dems at the local level or the republican in the white house. I am not sure it could have been done much better.

The main reason why New Orleans went so bad is the Homelessness.

With the Hurricanes in Florida or the Black out in the Northeast or even 9/11. In none of these events were there 1 million plus homeless people to contend with.

The gulf coast area didn't have much warning. They had maybe two days where it looked like it was going to be a 4 or 5 category hurricane. To evacuate this ammount of people would have taken a minimum of a week to coordinate.

I really don't believe it was anybodies fault. I understand the bickering though. Tough times always raise tensions.

What this disaster needs though is someone to step up and take charge. There was a couple members in the republican delegation who suggested Guliani take over as the White House point person. I think this is a great idea.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfanNC]Regardless who is in office. Whether it is the Dems at the local level or the republican in the white house. I am not sure it could have been done much better.

The main reason why New Orleans went so bad is the Homelessness.

With the Hurricanes in Florida or the Black out in the Northeast or even 9/11. In none of these events were there 1 million plus homeless people to contend with.

The gulf coast area didn't have much warning. They had maybe two days where it looked like it was going to be a 4 or 5 category hurricane. To evacuate this ammount of people would have taken a minimum of a week to coordinate.

I really don't believe it was anybodies fault. I understand the bickering though. Tough times always raise tensions.

What this disaster needs though is someone to step up and take charge. There was a couple members in the republican delegation who suggested Guliani take over as the White House point person. I think this is a great idea.[/QUOTE]

Okay- you make some good points (though I still see no answer for looting stereos or TV's)....

Yet in the instance of 9-11, the blackouts in NYC or the hurricanes in Florida last year it was in fact local mayors and state govenors who stepped up and took charge- no one had to be imported for that job.

I see no La. official stepping up rather pointing the finger at the WH.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    last time i checked, Louisiana and their 9 electoral votes were won by George W Bush in both elections, 2000 and 2004.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Yet in the instance of 9-11, the blackouts in NYC or the hurricanes in Florida last year it was in fact local mayors and state govenors who stepped up and took charge- no one had to be imported for that job. [/QUOTE]

That's True but one big difference. Shortly after 9/11 and the hurricanes the first thing Guliani or Jeb Bush did was set up a command post to run things.

This was not possible in New Orleans. Can't have a command post with out communications.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfanNC]That's True but one big difference. Shortly after 9/11 and the hurricanes the first thing Guliani or Jeb Bush did was set up a command post to run things.

This was not possible in New Orleans. Can't have a command post with out communications.[/QUOTE]

you're grasping at straws here- they may have not been able to do it in downtown NO but they could've set it up someplace outside...even in Baton Rouge for cripes sakes....telephones were down for a time after 9-11...

I was in Florida last year when the last hurricane hit- Jeannette, right on Cocoa Beach where the brunt of the storm just passed to the south (there was an evacuation order and everyone took off)...it was the second major hurricane that passed through that area- the first one left the place without phone/electric nearly four days. Obviously the command post weas set up a good distance away.

This does not even touch on the subject of 100's or buses which were locked up and not used for evacuation process.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is clearly a hatchet job on our president; concocted by the Gang of Four (Reid, Pelosi, Dean, and Kennedy) to poison the minds of Americans! Here's my new slogan:

[SIZE=4]Nagin & Blanco cried, and people died![/SIZE]