Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush's Vacations

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Bush's Vacations

Here we are, 6 years into the Bush administration and the man has broken the record for the most vacation days EVER for a President.

Truly a figure to be proud of, and he has 2 years to build on it! make that record unbreakable!

Imagine Bush is the CEO of your company and you are the chairman of the board. This guy takes 13 weeks of paid vacation a year, works normal hours and generally takes it easy.

Now imagine your company is taking hits in the marketplace - events that aren't the fault of the CEO per se but certainly aren't being helped by his response to these events. The guy has been on vacation for literally about a quarter of the time he has worked for the company.

My question is how quickly would you the chairman move to s--tcan Bush the CEO if he was running your company into the ground? 5 minutes? Less?

You guys want to fire Herman Edwards if he doesn't correctly manage the time between putting on his pants and buttoning them up...

But Bush who is in charge of the country? Why he's just great. Better than apple pie! He doesn't get blowjobs! Jesus loves Bush so WE love Bush!

Nevermind the fact that he works less and under less stress than 90% of Americans. Nevermind that the local night manager at Taco Bell puts more time in on the job then Bush.

I just can't understand 4 out every 5 posters in this forum. How can you reward incompetancy with blind faith time and time again? Is it the tax cuts? It boggles the mind.

If Bush was in charge of your company you would throw him out on his brooks brother's suit pants no questions asked. Why does he get so much leeway as the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES?

Yeah you know there have been many bad Presidents. But none of them seemed to give a s--t less than this one. The guy literally doesn't give a rat's ***. Who leaves their job promptly at 5pm every day? Who goes on vacation during a time of war? How many vacations did FDR get?

anytime anything happens Bush is either on vacation or working out. The guy works about as hard as a Powerball winner.

Kanye West was wrong, it's not just black people Bush doesn't care about, he doesn't care about ANYONE.
    Last edited by bitonti; 09-06-2005 at 12:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Grow up, please. Do you think a President is out if touch while he is on vacation?

As a matter of fact, most of us with grown up jobs keep in touch with work while on vacation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper]
    As a matter of fact, most of us with grown up jobs keep in touch with work while on vacation.[/QUOTE]

How many weeks of Paid vacation do most grown ups get? Less than 13 i would imagine.

there are frenchmen that work harder than George Bush.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    *burrrp*

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper]Grow up, please. Do you think a President is out if touch while he is on vacation?

As a matter of fact, most of us with grown up jobs keep in touch with work while on vacation.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Bit, but Piper is right. I think we all know that a President's "Vacation Day" is really nothing more than a work day at home, instead of a work day in the Oval Office.

And while the "average worker" indeed does not get 13 weeks paid "vacation" per year, the "average worker" doesn't work (or be on call) every single Saturday, Sunday and Holiday all year long. The "average worker" doesn't have the welfare and wellbeing of 300+ Million people as his responsabillity, and doesn't face the stress that comes along with being the single most powerful human being on the planet, and their decisions affecting almost everyone on Earth.

Policy criticism I can understand, if not always agree with. But this is really a lame criticism Bit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Sorry Bit, but Piper is right. I think we all know that a President's "Vacation Day" is really nothing more than a work day at home, instead of a work day in the Oval Office.

And while the "average worker" indeed does not get 13 weeks paid "vacation" per year, the "average worker" doesn't work (or be on call) every single Saturday, Sunday and Holiday all year long. The "average worker" doesn't have the welfare and wellbeing of 300+ Million people as his responsabillity, and doesn't face the stress that comes along with being the single most powerful human being on the planet, and their decisions affecting almost everyone on Earth.

Policy criticism I can understand, if not always agree with. But this is really a lame criticism Bit.[/QUOTE]

Ya know, War - sometimes I think you got a great noggin; if only you could tone it down on that all-powerful hamster alien thing. ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum]Ya know, War - sometimes I think you got a great noggin; if only you could tone it down on that all-powerful hamster alien thing. ;)[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhh.....don't let them hear you say such things.

They have....powerful....means of exacting revenge on the unfaithful.

Like 24 hours of Yanni...nonstop! :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Shhhhhh.....don't let them hear you say such things.

They have....powerful....means of exacting revenge on the unfaithful.

Like 24 hours of Yanni...nonstop! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Fear not - I have on my Ann Coulter underoos today!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    More vacation time in 6 years than any other President in 8. That's a stone cold fact. But hey cut Bush some slack! after all running the country into the ground can really take it out of a guy!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]More vacation time in 6 years than any other President in 8. That's a stone cold fact. But hey cut Bush some slack! after all running the country into the ground can really take it out of a guy![/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Bit, but you lose any credabillity you once had with this kind of tripe. You know just as well as we do that Vacation for him doesn't equal vacation for us.

You're posts as of late sound petulaent, whiny and thouroughly uninformed and "Bman"-ish. You're hatred has clearly blinded you to any semblance of reality, and lowered you to foolish talking-point attacks.

If you're going to criticise from the sidelines of life Bit, at least come armed with some semblance of legitimate criticism.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey according to you guys i've lost my credibility years ago.

I don't repeat talking points I create them.

this President has been an absolute damn disgrace.

You say I'm a caricature, the way i see it, I'm the only one patriotic enough to talk about out loud what the rest of the world knows already.

The USA is moving ahead but the driver is asleep at the wheel. And now he has the vacation record to prove it!

let me ask you seriously if he's so wired up on Vacation and as in charge as he is in the white house then why did he go at all? Why did he cut his vacation short? If what you (and the White House) say about Bush's working vacations are true then what's the point?

at this point, pretending Bush is some sort of great President is a complete farce.

I sound like BMAN? s--t maybe i AM BMAN! ooooh!

better get SOOTH to check the IPs!

you guys can ban me and then have a lively debate about who you hate more Bill or Hillary.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]hey according to you guys i've lost my credibility years ago.

You say I'm a caricature, the way i see it, I'm the only one patriotic enough to talk about out loud what the rest of the world knows already.

The USA is moving ahead but the driver is asleep at the wheel. And now he has the vacation record to prove it!

let me ask you seriously if he's so wired up on Vacation and as in charge as he is in the white house then why did he go at all? Why did he cut his vacation short? If what you (and the White House) say about Bush's working vacations are true then what's the point?

at this point, pretending Bush is some sort of great President is a complete farce.

you guys can ban me and then have a lively debate about who you hate more Bill or Hillary.[/QUOTE]

Seek counseling... :help:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]hey according to you guys i've lost my credibility years ago.

you guys can ban me and then have a lively debate about who you hate more Bill or Hillary.[/QUOTE]

Ok, whatever you say Al (sorry, Mr. Gore).

So Bit, looking forward, which great leader out there can fix the trillion problems our pathetic nation now faces when THEY are elected in 2008?

You seem to know it all about bad Presidents.....so what do you know about REALISTIC choices for a GOOD President in 08'?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    cant we all just get along??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the guy was riding a horse on a ranch.

please don't tell me his vacations are just as good as him going to work in the White House. It's an insult. How can anyone believe a guy on vacation is on point as much as he would be at work? He's on friggin vacation!

When George Bush is done with the vacation days of his full two terms the record will be more unbreakable than Cal Ripkin's consecutive game streak. He's always on friggin vacation! S--t that devil Cheney just got off of vacation yesterday!

how can the leaders of our country always be on vacation just before or during national crisises? even if it's just bad luck or coincidence maybe that's a sign to cut back on the vacation? I like to rest and relax as much as the next man but this is a disgrace.

ps Warfish, NC governor Mike Easley could win if he ran. McCain could win and couldn't be as bad as Bush (even though he is amnesty king, what else is new). Candidates come out of nowhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]the guy was riding a horse on a ranch.

please don't tell me his vacations are just as good as him going to work in the White House. It's an insult. How can anyone believe a guy on vacation is on point as much as he would be at work? He's on friggin vacation!

When George Bush is done with the vacation days of his full two terms the record will be more unbreakable than Cal Ripkin's consecutive game streak. He's always on friggin vacation! S--t that devil Cheney just got off of vacation yesterday!

how can the leaders of our country always be on vacation just before or during national crisises? even if it's just bad luck or coincidence maybe that's a sign to cut back on the vacation? I like to rest and relax as much as the next man but this is a disgrace.

ps Warfish, NC governor Mike Easley could win if he ran. McCain could win and couldn't be as bad as Bush (even though he is amnesty king, what else is new). Candidates come out of nowhere.[/QUOTE]
    I heard he has , like, phones and TV's and computers and stuff at that there fancy-pants ranch in Crawford too.

Sometimes you can be even more focused when working from home without the visitors and appointments that come with being in the office. But you have to be all growed up and responsible to actually do the work.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think bit is on vacation and someone hacked his account. Or he's having a hippie mid-life crisis. Just doesn't seem like him...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://lightsout.onestop.net/hippie2.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16]cant we all just get along??[/QUOTE]

Of course we can! :D Bit is my friend, and I hope I am his (at least here in the online world). My disagreements with him (and with most folks here) doesn't mean I dislike them, or wish to be unfriendly with them. After all, they are my fellow Jet fans. :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]the guy was riding a horse on a ranch.

ps Warfish, NC governor Mike Easley could win if he ran. McCain could win and couldn't be as bad as Bush (even though he is amnesty king, what else is new). Candidates come out of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

There is no sense trying to explain this to them. These are the same guys who said the Newsweek story about the Koran in the toilet was more damaging than Enron. They love to give these CEO's all the leeway in the world.

I understand the working from home argument for a normal person, I get a lot more done when I work from home. I just don't get that impression, at all, from Bush. Even when he is in DC he is not really working. Remember when that Cessna flew into restricted airspace a few months ago? I was reading the article and it said Bush was safe since he was actually in Maryland bikeriding when it happened, but Cheney was in the Oval Office and had been moved to a shelter for precautions.