Thread: Bush States His Position!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Bush States His Position!

The president sidestepped a question on whether he intended to replace anyone who has been responsible for the disaster response. "What I intend to do," Mr. Bush said, "is lead an investigation into what went right and what went wrong."

[B]"It's very important for us to understand the relationship between the federal government and the state government and the local government when it comes to a major catastrophe," Bush said.[/B]

Sounds like his defense of the federal government will be that state officials in Louisiana didn't do what they were supposed to do. Not only on-the-ground helping people but when it came to reporting circumstances to FEMA.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet]The president sidestepped a question on whether he intended to replace anyone who has been responsible for the disaster response. "What I intend to do," Mr. Bush said, "is lead an investigation into what went right and what went wrong."

[B]"It's very important for us to understand the relationship between the federal government and the state government and the local government when it comes to a major catastrophe," Bush said.[/B]

Sounds like his defense of the federal government will be that state officials in Louisiana didn't do what they were supposed to do. Not only on-the-ground helping people but when it came to reporting circumstances to FEMA.[/QUOTE]

Damned if you do and damned if you don't....we spoke last week about the CYA mode Nagin, Blanco and Landreiu were in.....

When the fed's interfere with states rights the first thing you hear from libs is "the President is wiping his a$$ with the Constitution"....when he doesn't interfere...well, peruse the board.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to be interesting to see how much blame the investigation puts on the NO animals who caused delay and and actually prevented rescue efforts.

Think they'll ever go after the looters? I mean the looters of the TV sets, etc? Nah!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats the president for you not finding fault in himself when he is the one to fault. The mayor of new orleans declared for marshall law (or something like that) and he got nothing. Supposedly there have been people coming in and helping out, but the mayor also said that it doesn't look any better than it did before.

Way to go Bush, you really handled this situation like your supposed to. :rolleyes: This man is ridiculous

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Damned if you do and damned if you don't....we spoke last week about the CYA mode Nagin, Blanco and Landreiu were in.....

When the fed's interfere with states rights the first thing you hear from libs is "the President is wiping his a$$ with the Constitution"....when he doesn't interfere...well, peruse the board.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. But you know as well as I do CB that some folks will use any and every issue to slag Bush, right or wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Exactly. But you know as well as I do CB that some folks will use any and every issue to slag Bush, right or wrong.[/QUOTE]

true (and I could be classified as one of them)....I just think in a tragic situation when people need help it is pathetic and uncalled from the get-go......

[QUOTE]It's going to be interesting to see how much blame the investigation puts on the NO animals who caused delay and and actually prevented rescue efforts. [/QUOTE]

what'll be more interesting is to see what direction they take if it is proven the animals were prisoners released into the general population because NO did not evacuate them...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet]

[/QUOTE]

yeah i mean we all know that when there's a really friggin MAJOR catastrophe that's really more the local guys department. Nothing like good old local government in a major catastrophe, especially one that has been choked for funds for, oh i don't know say 5 years or so. Oh yeah those guys with no money and no equipment and only half of their national guard - they are gonna be just fine. Who needs the federal government? Obviously these people that just lost their houses and all their possessions and their city is in ruins, these are the people that should be on the front lines of major catastrophe. The feds should just take it easy! ya know kick back maybe take another 6 weeks of vacation!

:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]yeah i mean we all know that when there's a really friggin MAJOR catastrophe that's really more the local guys department. Nothing like good old local government in a major catastrophe, especially one that has been choked for funds for, oh i don't know say 5 years or so. Oh yeah those guys with no money and no equipment and only half of their national guard - they are gonna be just fine. Who needs the federal government? Obviously these people that just lost their houses and all their possessions and their city is in ruins, these are the people that should be on the front lines of major catastrophe. The feds should just take it easy! ya know kick back maybe take another 6 weeks of vacation!

:eek:[/QUOTE]

You have heard of the Constitution. Right? States rights?

Stuff like that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=norm428]thats the president for you not finding fault in himself when he is the one to fault. The mayor of new orleans declared for marshall law (or something like that) and he got nothing. Supposedly there have been people coming in and helping out, but the mayor also said that it doesn't look any better than it did before.

Way to go Bush, you really handled this situation like your supposed to. :rolleyes: This man is ridiculous[/QUOTE]

Stop toking and get some facts. And its "martial", not marshall, unless you're makeing a sarcastic reference to the Marshall Plan, but I think thats way beyond you. But thanks for stopping in! :byebye:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [U]Two Reasons for Last Week's Disaster In NO.[/U]

1. New Orleans evacuation ordered too late by Mayor of New Orleans.

2. National Guard troops ordered into New Orleand too late by Louisiana Governor.

Had above two mistakes not been made we wouldn't be talking about this mess. Period.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=norm428]...The mayor of new orleans declared for marshall law (or something like that) [/QUOTE]
    Sumpin' like that.

[quote=braindead]and he got nothing. Supposedly there have been people coming in and helping out, but the mayor also said that it doesn't look any better than it did before. [/quote]
    Holy ****. Thanks for the laughs.