Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Way OT: Drug Usage

wickedtwisted

Way OT: Drug Usage

I know we just opened the season but I have been going through a few problems and have no idea who to turn to about it so I figured an online forum would be the least embarassing.

Please don't give me the how could you type of thing.

I have been out of the Air Force for about 5 months now am I fearing that I am/have becoming a drug addict. I am 19 years old and I know these are the partying years but when is it too much?

I currently due about 3.5 grams of Coke shared with two other of friends a week.

I now and again do alot of the hallucigan drugs and party drugs (Ectasy, Shrooms, and Acid)

I drink literally drink only when I cannot get any drugs.

Somehow, I have enough money to support these habits and also pay for school. I've lost 40 pounds in the time I have been out of the military. My parents are wondering but I don't think they think drugs.

I'm sure alot of you will ask why I do the drugs. I hated Coke at first but then once I got the real cocaine high, it was one of my fav. I personally love ectasy due to the hapiness and ability to do it with all of my friends and we honestly have a blast.

The thing I'm not sure is and I need an honest opinion, Am I already pretty bad or am I just getting out my party years?

Hall Of Fame
    Get Help. Tell your parents. Don't be ashamed, just do the right thing.

wickedtwisted
    I don't have a problem stopping... I'm just wondering if it's the time

[QUOTE=wickedtwisted]I know we just opened the season but I have been going through a few problems and have no idea who to turn to about it so I figured an online forum would be the least embarassing.

Please don't give me the how could you type of thing.

I have been out of the Air Force for about 5 months now am I fearing that I am/have becoming a drug addict. I am 19 years old and I know these are the partying years but when is it too much?

I currently due about 3.5 grams of Coke shared with two other of friends a week.

I now and again do alot of the hallucigan drugs and party drugs (Ectasy, Shrooms, and Acid)

I drink literally drink only when I cannot get any drugs.

Somehow, I have enough money to support these habits and also pay for school. I've lost 40 pounds in the time I have been out of the military. My parents are wondering but I don't think they think drugs.

I'm sure alot of you will ask why I do the drugs. I hated Coke at first but then once I got the real cocaine high, it was one of my fav. I personally love ectasy due to the hapiness and ability to do it with all of my friends and we honestly have a blast.

The thing I'm not sure is and I need an honest opinion, Am I already pretty bad or am I just getting out my party years?[/QUOTE]
    If you are seriously afraid that you have a problem, take that as a positive sign and get help immediately.

How'd you get out the air force if your only 20??? Just curious

But on the subjest if you feel you have a problem quit now...its not worth it espically if youve lost 40 lbs in 5 months

All Pro
    Be very careful. I know it is very easy to think, "Hey, I'm young and I've got plenty of time to act responsibly later", but it's not always as simple as that. Most of us will make mistakes while trying to experience new things while we're young, that's human nature, but you've got to be cautious too. I've see too many people really messed up by drugs, especially chemicals. In moderation, I guess the risks are lower but you just never know with things like LSD and Ecstasy. Some people can handle it fine, others will be left with major physical or psychological problems as a result. When I was around your age, I had a girlfriend who started to take a lot of acid and, particularly, Ecstasy. She went from being a loving, confident and happy person to a paranoid, nervous and bitter basket-case in just a couple of years. It was really sad to see, so I'd urge great caution.

I know that sounds very old, boring and dull but you've got to ask yourself if the short-term high and the good nights you have are worth the risk of permanent brain-damage should you react badly to a suspect batch of chemicals. The fact that you have lost so much weight so quickly is a worrying sign, and could definitely be a symptom of your drug consumption.

Mate I'm no expert but I'd say the fact that you have posted this message is a positive sign,you clearly are worried and thinking about it so you sound like someone with your head screwed on,albiet young,shoulders

I'd say listen to the previous posters and get some help.

At the risk of sounding flippant get your highs from the Jets this year!!

good luck

You clearly are looking for help. So that means there is hope for you. Im 29, but when I was 19, I too was heavy in LSD & Mushrooms. I even dabbled in coke here and there, but its cost was enough to make sure I don't form a habit. I thinkit will take you that 1 bad trip before you say to yourself, Ive had enough. But from the sound of it, the coke has started to control you. Your weightloss is the obvious sign. PLEASE get help man. Break this habit. Don't feel embarassed cause you posted on a forum. I too probably whould have done the same thing had I been in your situation. I miss my friends more after they died from OD's, don't put that weight on your loved ones shoulders. Go. Now.

dude really don't f*ck around with ectasy anymore, you may think it's proably the least harmful drug your taking but my friend took it onlyt wice and almost died the second time.

Twisted . . . yes. Coke and LSD are [i]not [/i]just typical party years.

Coke is some pretty hard stuff, and if you've lost 40 pounds . . .? Not good. You say you can stop if you want to? Prove it to yourself. Go cold turkey for 3 months. If you can do that, and you want to go back, then at least you can say you were right about being able to stop.

[QUOTE=wickedtwisted]I don't have a problem stopping... I'm just wondering if it's the time[/QUOTE]

Partying is one thing....doing what your doing to yourself in another. Consider the following.

* Your obviously concerned and recognize your are/could get out of control.
    * Your being physically affected.."lost 40 pounds" not good at all.

Not trying to preach....get off the hard drugs....go have some drinks once in a while..and maybe try to get a girlfriend (That doesn't do hard drugs) or maybe your the type of person that needs to quit all together?

You should seek advice from a professional..there is NO shame in that.

Good luck and God bless...your still young....don't mess it up bro.

Peace

Wicked-

Were you honorably discharged due to downsizing your career field? Such as communications?

Your drug useage or at least your description is so matter of fact it seems that you may already be in therapy.

Wicked, if your making up for lost time then slow down, stop using all together and see if you can remain clean for a month. During this time try to find an activity, a sport- sky diving, motorcycling or riverrafting. Something that will replace your need for adreline and danger.

Were you in a theatre of operation? Sometimes returning to civilian life is rough. The high of combat is irreplacable and you may be searching in the wrong places.

Please consider alternative avenues to attain a higher state of mind.

My number one advice is buy a motorcycle. just don't ride it high!!!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Al Toon 77]

My number one advice is buy a motorcycle. just don't ride it high!!!![/QUOTE]

And don't go riding with Kellen Winslow Jr, either...

[QUOTE=Redlichtie]Mate I'm no expert but I'd say the fact that you have posted this message is a positive sign,you clearly are worried and thinking about it so you sound like someone with your head screwed on,albiet young,shoulders

I'd say listen to the previous posters and get some help.

At the risk of sounding flippant get your highs from the Jets this year!!

good luck[/QUOTE]

Like this man said here. If you are posting this on the board, not only are you admitting that you have a problem, you are admitting to yourself that you want help.

Get the help. There is nothing wrong with going to your parent or even a doctor about taking the first steps to cleaning up your life. The sooner that you take the steps to stop the easier it will be, but if you ignore it and decide to "wait it out" as only part of your "party years" your gonna wake up when you are about 25 and be totally out of control and helpless.

My advice is to defeat this problem at this point (you are so young) and make somethin out of your life. Dont be an idiot and not seek help.

Best of luck and only you can help yourself.

All Pro
    Wickedtwisted E-mail me @ [email]zeek1055@bellsouth.net[/email] my name is Jim

Hall Of Fame
    when I was 19, we coined a term for what we did.

stunkerding
    which means being stoned, drunk, wired, tripping at the same time. I know where you are.
    of the gang of guys I used to do this with, 2 made it out ok, 4 didn't.
    Me and my best bud from those days have been clean and sober for over 10 years. The past 10 years have been so much more fun, excitment, and joy because we weren't slaves to the grind anymore
    things like
    finding the man
    hang overs
    car repairs etc etc
    fights

the 4 that are still trapped are all lonely, broke, and struggling every day to get by.

rick pitino said it best, success is a choice

you have a choice

choose well

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I've lost many friends, a few very close ones to cocaine. I really miss those guys. As a casual user I could see early on the effects it had on them and the things they had to do to get through another day. It scared me straight. Don't become another casualty. It's obviously had a major effect on you already. Get help and quit.

[QUOTE=wickedtwisted]I don't have a problem stopping... [/QUOTE]

BULLSH!T

Coke will own your life if you give it enough time.

If you were in the armed forces, you should have discipline- more than the average person. Use it to get back on track.

Been there, done that.

Yes, it's time to move on to more productive phases in your life.
    Start now.

Sit your parents down (if they're together) or if not then go to whichever you feel is the more responsible person. Say the following sentence:

Mom, Dad, I have a drug problem and I need your help to get better.

That should set the wheels in motion. But you have to want to. Knowing you have a problem and actually wanting to fix it are two different things.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    It's obvious you need help. Please get it.

I also don't think this is an appropriate forum to discuss this.