Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gov Blanco's (D) Shoot-To-Kill Order

Gov Blanco's (D) Shoot-To-Kill Order

As thousands of predominately African-Americans waited to be rescued, Lousiana's [B]Democratic[/B] governor issued a "shoot to kill" order last Thursday evening in an effort to stem mounting lawlessness in the hurricane-ravaged state.

300 Arkansas National Guard troops landed in New Orleans -- a city literally raped by water and disorder sown by the failure of U.S. relief forces to assist survivors -- Thursday evening, with the authorization to shoot and kill what Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco described as "hoodlums."

[B]"Three hundred of the Arkansas National Guard have landed in the city of New Orleans." said Blanco.[/B]

[B]"These troops are fresh back from Iraq, well trained, experienced, battle tested and under my orders to restore order in the streets," Blanco said.[/B]

[B]"They have M-16s and they are locked and loaded."[/B]

[B]"These troops know how to shoot and kill and they are more than willing to do so if necessary and I expect they will," Blanco added.[/B]

I'm curious to know when the last time any State Governor did something like that and what the circumstances were.

Why is it no one in the Democratic party has a problem with this?

Revs. Jackson and Sharpton, the NAACP - all silent!!

Obviously the "racism" aspect of the Katrina relief criticism is worthless and wrong.

i have no problem with a gov't official using deadly force to reclaim law and order.

that's the job of government to provide security for it's citizens.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet]As thousands of predominately African-Americans waited to be rescued, Lousiana's [B]Democratic[/B] governor issued a "shoot to kill" order last Thursday evening in an effort to stem mounting lawlessness in the hurricane-ravaged state.

300 Arkansas National Guard troops landed in New Orleans -- a city literally raped by water and disorder sown by the failure of U.S. relief forces to assist survivors -- Thursday evening, with the authorization to shoot and kill what Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco described as "hoodlums."

[B]"Three hundred of the Arkansas National Guard have landed in the city of New Orleans." said Blanco.[/B]

[B]"These troops are fresh back from Iraq, well trained, experienced, battle tested and under my orders to restore order in the streets," Blanco said.[/B]

[B]"These troops know how to shoot and kill and they are more than willing to do so if necessary and I expect they will," Blanco added.[/B]

I'm curious to know when the last time any State Governor did something like that and what the circumstances were.

Revs. Jackson and Sharpton, the NAACP - all silent!![/QUOTE]

Those guys are too busy blaming Bush and calling him a racist. They aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them (Dems). They are all loyal soldiers fighting for The Cause.

Besides, this policy is 100% right and legit. They should shoot to kill. Frankly, she waited too long to say this.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet]As thousands of predominately African-Americans waited to be rescued, Lousiana's [B]Democratic[/B] governor issued a "shoot to kill" order last Thursday evening in an effort to stem mounting lawlessness in the hurricane-ravaged state.

Revs. Jackson and Sharpton, the NAACP - all silent!![/QUOTE]

hmm...what's next- rat leaders in La. depriving minorities of food and water?? oh, wait...

[QUOTE]The Louisiana Department of Homeland Security blocked a vanguard of Red Cross trucks filled with water, food, blankets and hygiene items from bringing relief to the thousands of hungry and thirsty evacuees stranded in the New Orleans Superdome after Hurricane Katrina struck, according to a Fox News Channel report.

The state agency responsible for Louisiana's security "told the Red Cross explicitly, you cannot come," said Fox News reporter Major Garrett in a radio interview.

Garrett told nationally syndicated talk host Hugh Hewitt that according to the Red Cross, the delivery was blocked immediately after the storm passed Monday.

The Louisiana governor's office of Homeland Security explained to the Red Cross that they didn't want the relief supplies, because they wanted the evacuees to leave, according to Garrett.

"At the very moment that Ray Nagin, the Mayor of New Orleans, was screaming where's the food, where's the water, it was over the overpass [nearby], and state officials were saying you can't come in," Garrett said.

Garrett acknowledged that floodwaters made access to the Superdome and nearby convention center difficult, but he pointed out that supplies could have been delivered before the levee broke. After that, the National Guard or military could have assisted.

In addition to its determination to remove the evacuees from the Superdome, the state also told the Red Cross the toxic floodwaters were not safe and they did not have the security situation under control.

Garrett said the decision was made and communicated to the Red Cross by the state department of Homeland Security and the state National Guard, both of which report to Gov. Kathleen Blanco.

The Red Cross has posted a "Disaster FAQ" on its website which explains, "Access to New Orleans is controlled by the National Guard and local authorities and while we are in constant contact with them, we simply cannot enter New Orleans against their orders."

The private charity says, "The state Homeland Security Department had requested -- and continues to request -- that the American Red Cross not come back into New Orleans following the hurricane. Our presence would keep people from evacuating and encourage others to come into the city."
    [/QUOTE]

calling howard dean....calling howard dean.....

why isn't the MSM covering this??

Hall Of Fame
    You watch, as soon as one "hoodlum" that happens to be black gets shot by one white soldier, racism cries will ensue with vigor.

[QUOTE=bitonti]Obviously the "racism" aspect of the Katrina relief criticism is worthless and wrong.

i have no problem with a gov't official using deadly force to reclaim law and order.

that's the job of government to provide security for it's citizens.[/QUOTE]

Bit, if a Republican Governor ever gave such an order their career would be over.

Democrats including the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would demand an immediate resignation claiming racism!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet]Bit, if a Republican Governor ever gave such an order their career would be over.

Democrats including the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would demand an immediate resignation claiming racism!!!![/QUOTE]

Imagine if looting and rape occurred after the Florida hurricance, and Jeb Bush said this!!!!! Imagine!

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet]Bit, if a Republican Governor ever gave such an order their career would be over.[/QUOTE]

Albany that's not only baseless speculation but it's also wrong i believe.

If Arnold issued a shoot to kill order in someplace like Los Angeles after it had degenerated into absolute anarchy he would be considered a hero.

You'd see t-shirts with Arnold in his terminator days and the words "shoot to kill" - people would eat it up like cake.

The job of the gov't is to preserve law and order regardless of the cost.

[QUOTE=bitonti]Albany that's not only baseless speculation but it's also wrong i believe.

If Arnold issued a shoot to kill order in someplace like Los Angeles after it had degenerated into absolute anarchy he would be considered a hero.

You'd see t-shirts with Arnold in his terminator days and the words "shoot to kill" - people would eat it up like cake.

The job of the gov't is to preserve law and order regardless of the cost.[/QUOTE]

If Arnold or George Pataki did something like that you'd see major riots!

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet]If Arnold or George Pataki did something like that you'd see major riots![/QUOTE]

i disagree 100% - Arnold saying shoot to kill would be better than him saying "ill be back" - people would love it and rightfully so.

as a general note GOPers love to play the victims, as if the left wing media is on an never ending quest to lynch them - meanwhile they control every area of government and all the top media outlets in terms of ratings are unabashedly right wing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]Obviously the "racism" aspect of the Katrina relief criticism is worthless and wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. That's probably why the media is ignoring the fact that stranded white tourists were targeted by the crowds in the Dome and Convention center. But hey -- they must've got what was comin' to 'em, right?

[QUOTE=bitonti]i disagree 100% - Arnold saying shoot to kill would be better than him saying "ill be back" - people would love it and rightfully so.

as a general note GOPers love to play the victims, as if the left wing media is on an never ending quest to lynch them - meanwhile they control every area of government and all the top media outlets in terms of ratings are unabashedly right wing.[/QUOTE]

Riots, marches, speeches. Revs Jackson and Sharpton on megaphones demanding Republican resignations, Bush bashing, etc.

But for a Democrat governor no problem, though!

Hall Of Fame
    Copied from a BLOG

CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Katrina's Victims: "They Are So Black."

From CNN's The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, Thursday, September 1, 2005, covering the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina: (audiotape on file, emphasis mine)

BLITZER: "You simply get chills every time you see these poor individuals, as Jack Cafferty just pointed out, so tragically, so many of these people, almost all of them that we see, are so poor and [U]they are so black[/U], and this is going to raise lots of questions for people who are watching this story
    unfold."

[URL=http://newsbusters.org/media/2005-09-01-CNNTSRBlitzer.rm]Video[/URL]

"And they are so black"?? What is that supposed to mean? Can you imagine if Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity had said this? There would be cries of "outrage" and breathless demands for an apology.

Does this shoot to kill order include shooting nagin on sight?

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet]Riots, marches, speeches. Revs Jackson and Sharpton on megaphones demanding Republican resignations, Bush bashing, etc.

But for a Democrat governor no problem, though![/QUOTE]

i don't want to fight about it all day but trust me what you think would happen is different than what would actually happen.

[QUOTE=bitonti]i don't want to fight about it all day but trust me what you think would happen is different than what would actually happen.[/QUOTE]

OK, who here agrees with bit?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]i don't want to fight about it all day but trust me what you think would happen is different than what would actually happen.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding yourself.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet]Riots, marches, speeches. Revs Jackson and Sharpton on megaphones demanding Republican resignations, Bush bashing, etc.

But for a Democrat governor no problem, though![/QUOTE]

To believe were the shoe on the other foot and a Republican mayor/senator/govenor ordered a "shoot to kill" mandate and the Jackson's, Sharpton's, Belafonte's of the world would not be screaming at the top of their lungs is more then sheer ignorance, it is completely insipid...

but here's one for you...[B]where's the ACLU??[/B]

A month ago they went to court trying to halt authorities in NYC from spot-checking bags after the terrorists bombings in London...surely a "shoot to kill" order is an infringement of personal liberty...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-09-2005 at 12:19 PM.

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet]OK, who here agrees with bit?[/QUOTE]

like that proves anything no one ever agrees with me!

the GOPers love to pretend like they are so oppressed by the liberal media and the threat of protestors meanwhile we are here 5 years into Bush administration with total GOP control of the house, the senate and the Supreme Court.

if Los Angeles was controlled by criminals, looters and thugs, and Arnold issued the same order he would be hailed as a charismatic hero and rightfully so.

People love politicians that restore law and order in the face of anarchy.

[QUOTE=bitonti]like that proves anything no one ever agrees with me!

the GOPers love to pretend like they are so oppressed by the liberal media and the threat of protestors meanwhile we are here 5 years into Bush administration with total GOP control of the house, the senate and the Supreme Court.

if Los Angeles was controlled by criminals, looters and thugs, and Arnold issued the same order he would be hailed as a charismatic hero and rightfully so.

People love politicians that restore law and order in the face of anarchy.[/QUOTE]

A public march against Republican 'shoot-to-kill' racists with special guest - Hillary Clinton!!!! :)