Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeah, it's racism alright...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, it's racism alright...

But sure as hell not the kind of racism that will ever get any play in our nation's media.

Here are some random excerpts from international media.

[QUOTE]
    [URL=http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050903/ts_nm/mayhem_dc]From the U.K. wire service Reuters[/URL]

Valenti and her husband, two of very few white people in the almost exclusively black refugee camp, said she and other whites were threatened with murder on Thursday.

"They hated us. Four young black men told us the buses were going to come last night and pick up the elderly so they were going to kill us," she said, sobbing. "They were plotting to murder us and then they sent the buses away because we would all be killed if the buses came -- that's what the people in charge told us this morning."

[URL=http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/172/172478_anarchy_and_agony_in_new_orleans.html]From the U.K.'s Manchester News[/URL]

British students caught up in the horror of Hurricane Katrina spoke of their four days of "hell" at the New Orleans Superdome. They described how their place of refuge descended into a scene of terror as people ran wild with knives and guns, used crack cocaine and hurled racial abuse.

Up to 30 British students huddled among the thousands in the Superdome were forced to set up a makeshift security cordon to fend off abusive locals.

Jamie, who had been coaching football to disabled children as part of the Camp America scheme, said people were shouting racial abuse at the Britons because they were white.

Zoe Smith, 21, from Hull, told how students set up a security cordon when the power briefly went down in the Superdome amid fears they were going to be attacked. "All us girls sat in the middle while the boys sat on the outside, with chairs as protection," she said.

[URL=http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news3.shtml]From the U.K.'s News of the World[/URL]

Young British holidaymakers MARISA HAIGH and CLAIRE WATKINS were among those who took refuge in the Louisiana Superdome. The terrified girls went through "a living hell" as mob rule swept the stadium.

Marisa, from Guildford, Surrey, said: "White tourists were getting picked on by the locals."

On Thursday, amid fears for their safety, all the white girls were moved to a nearby medical centre.

[URL=http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0%2C5478%2C16483597%255E2862%2C00.html]From Australia's Herald Sun[/URL]

As the Australians left the Superdome, food and water were almost non-existent and the stiflingly hot arena was filled with 25,000 people and the stench of human waste. Gangs stalked the tourists and women were threatened with rape.

"It was full on. It was the worst thing I have seen in my life. I have never been so frightened."

Realising that foreigners were a target, Mr Hopes and the other Aussies gathered tourists from Europe, South America and elsewhere into one part of the building.

"There were 65 of us, so we were able to look after each other -- especially the girls who were being grabbed and threatened." Mr Hopes said.

"We sat through the night just watching each other, not knowing if we would be alive in the morning."

John McNeil, 20, of Brisbane, said the worst point had come after two days when soldiers had told them the power in the dome was failing and there was only 10 minutes worth of gas left.

"I looked at Bud and said, 'That will be the end of us'," Mr McNeil said.

"The gangs . . . knew where we were. If the lights had gone out we would have been in deep trouble. We prayed for a miracle and the lights stayed on."

[URL=http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16473521%255E663,00.html]More from the Aussie Herald Sun[/URL]

Mr McNeil's father, Peter, said his son was with about 60 other foreign tourists who had fled the Superdome.

"People were just staring at them and making suggestions that they were going to kill them."

John's sister Susie said he saw shocking acts of violence amid fierce racial tension in the Superdome.

"It's turned into a black against white thing," she said. "My brother has witnessed murders, stabbings, rapes . . . it's like a Third World country."

[URL=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/wear/4208792.stm]From the BBC[/URL]

"The group really feared for their safety because they were being targeted because they were the only white people there.

He said of his eventual Superdome refuge: "There was a lot of heat from the people in there, people shouting racial abuse about us being white.

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by shakin318; 09-09-2005 at 01:51 PM.

I am sure their are mean and unruly blacks among the victims. I am happy these young girls had nothing happen to them.
    Last edited by FloridaJet; 09-09-2005 at 02:46 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    For the love of God - where is Kanye when you need him?! :steamin:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=quantum]For the love of God - where is Kanye when you need him?! :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, Kanye's blabbering rant. THAT gets covered.

"I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Martin Luther King

So a handful of thugs is a good sample of ALL the blacks in N.O.?

The creator of this thread is in fact a racist. Trying to paint a picture of evil blacks to hide the truth.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ShadeTree#55]So a handful of thugs is a good sample of ALL the blacks in N.O.?

The creator of this thread is in fact a racist. Trying to paint a picture of evil blacks to hide the truth.[/QUOTE]

Precisely the kind of dipsh!t response I expected. Where in the hell do I say it's a good sample of ALL the blacks in N.O.? WHERE?

Are you denying the fact that those are clear cut examples of racism? Or better yet, are you condoning them because they're black on white? Do you think they're not worthy of media coverage by the American media? I'd guess the answer is yes on all counts.

And of course, who among us is surprised you broke out the trusty old inevitable response: "[I]The creator of this thread is in fact a racist[/I]." Brilliant.

[QUOTE=ShadeTree#55]So a handful of thugs is a good sample of ALL the blacks in N.O.?

The creator of this thread is in fact a racist. Trying to paint a picture of evil blacks to hide the truth.[/QUOTE]

No one's trying to paint any kind of picutre. The experiences of foreigners outlined above actually happened.

What are you so afraid of?

[QUOTE=shakin318]Precisely the kind of dipsh!t response I expected. Where in the hell do I say it's a good sample of ALL the blacks in N.O.? WHERE?

Are you denying the fact that those are clear cut examples of racism? Or better yet, are you condoning them because they're black on white? Do you think they're not worthy of media coverage by the American media? I'd guess the answer is yes on all counts.

And of course, who among us is surprised you broke out the trusty old inevitable response: "[I]The creator of this thread is in fact a racist[/I]." Brilliant.[/QUOTE]

Black on White RACISM does not exist. At least not in America. According to the definition on Racism, the only race that can be racist is the majority or dominant race, therefore there is not black on white racism in the US. Outside of america, unless it is africa, there is none either.

I am afraid of nothing, some seem scared of blacks.

People claiming race played a part in the response, doesn't change because some tourist were scared of black thugs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Only white people are racists...

[QUOTE=ShadeTree#55]I am afraid of nothing, some seem scared of blacks.

People claiming race played a part in the response, doesn't change because some tourist were scared of black thugs.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps what the tourists were witnessing existed elsewhere and on a larger scale. Maybe that's why the rescuers were reluctant to enter New Orleans.

[QUOTE=Piper]Only white people are racists...[/QUOTE]
    In America...they are the only ones that can be...by definition.

Hall Of Fame

Hide [I]what [/I] truth?

BTW - Shakin's response is spot-on. This post of yours is just irresponsible.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Sack Exchange]Black on White RACISM does not exist. At least not in America. According to the definition on Racism, the only race that can be racist is the majority or dominant race, therefore there is not black on white racism in the US. Outside of america, unless it is africa, there is none either.[/QUOTE]

from [url]www.dictionary.com[/url]

[B]rac·ism[/B] ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rszm)
    n.

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Doesn't say much about majority or minority races. You clearly lack even a basic understanding.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ShadeTree#55]I am afraid of nothing, some seem scared of blacks.

People claiming race played a part in the response, doesn't change because some tourist were scared of black thugs.[/QUOTE]

What truth was Shakin trying to hide?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Shakin's wrong- just ask Rev Al...they weren't looters or hoodlums rather angry American taxpayors!

BTW: Shakin- how's you b-i-l doing? (I believe you said he volunteered for service in Iraq)...

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Hide [I]what [/I] truth?

BTW - Shakin's response is spot-on. This post of yours is just irresponsible.[/QUOTE]

That he is a racist.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ShadeTree#55]That he is a racist.[/QUOTE]

Oh. You think he's a racist, really? By virtue of this thread?

What possible evidence of that did you find?

[QUOTE=jets5ever]from [url]www.dictionary.com[/url]

[B]rac·ism[/B] ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rszm)
    n.

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Doesn't say much about majority or minority races. You clearly lack even a basic understanding.[/QUOTE]

A secondary meaning is the belief that one race -- normally caucasian -- is inherently superior to other races. See also sexism, religism, and homophobia.

The belief that one 'racial group' is inferior to another and the practices of the [[B]B]dominant[/B] group to maintain the inferior position of the dominated group. Often defined as a combination of power, prejudice and discrimination.

You dont know crap. AND don't feed me your limited view on stuff. Expand my brother, take off the blinder and expand.

GOOGLE: Define: Racism