Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FEMA Chief Relieved of Katrina Duties

FEMA Chief Relieved of Katrina Duties

FEMA Chief Relieved of Katrina Duties

Updated 1:50 PM ET September 9, 2005

By LARA JAKES JORDAN

WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Michael Brown is being removed from his role in managing the Bush administration's Hurricane Katrina relief efforts and is returning to Washington.

Brown, who has been under fire for the federal government's slow response to the storm that devastated much of the Gulf Coast region, will be replaced by Coast Guard Vice Adm. Thad W. Allen, who was overseeing New Orleans relief and rescue efforts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Always has to be a sacrificial lamb, right? To appease the second-guessers? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He deserved to be fired.

[QUOTE=Piper]He deserved to be fired.[/QUOTE]

amen! the man is a jackass.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm not so sure; I'm also not sure the facts are all in, since we're still getting bits and pieces. By firing him, he gets marked as guilty. Sounds a little unfair...

I dont think he was fired from his position- just relieved of the katrina cleanup

All Pro
    Maybe FEMA was putting on a charity horse show and needed an experienced judge?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Let's hope Nagin, Blanco and Landrieu follow suit...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

"Brownie" deserved to go, now let's hope the Ragin' Nagin joins him.

[QUOTE=quantum]I'm not so sure; I'm also not sure the facts are all in, since we're still getting bits and pieces. By firing him, he gets marked as guilty. Sounds a little unfair...[/QUOTE]

the facts are he wasn't qualified to begin with.

[QUOTE=bitonti]the facts are he wasn't qualified to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Then I suppose our entire congress is to blame......since his position required confirmation, and he won that conversation by a unanimous vote (hat is 100% for those who don't get it).

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti]the facts are he wasn't qualified to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Bit - read today that Brown "padded his resume"; I therefore retract my earlier statements.

[QUOTE=Piper]He deserved to be fired.[/QUOTE]

It was a necessary move by Bush to quiet the backlash against him and the good ole boys.

[QUOTE=quantum]I'm not so sure; I'm also not sure the facts are all in, since we're still getting bits and pieces. By firing him, he gets marked as guilty. Sounds a little unfair...[/QUOTE]

There's no debating it. He's on record for saying that he found out about citizens in the Superdome 5 days AFTER the hurricane hit. Uh, any major tv network broadcasted people getting put in the dome before the hurricane came.

Complete and utter incompetence.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]There's no debating it. He's on record for saying that he found out about citizens in the Superdome 5 days AFTER the hurricane hit. Uh, any major tv network broadcasted people getting put in the dome before the hurricane came.

Complete and utter incompetence.[/QUOTE]

that is possibly the stupidest post ever on this board...and something you certainly cannot prove...

[QUOTE=Warfish]Then I suppose our entire congress is to blame......since his position required confirmation, and he won that conversation by a unanimous vote (hat is 100% for those who don't get it).[/QUOTE]

Got a link? I'm pretty sure it was just a Cabinet appointment by Bush.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]that is possibly the stupidest post ever on this board...and something you certainly cannot prove...[/QUOTE]

I saw it with my very own eyes. It was his TV interview with Koppel, so yes you can prove it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]I saw it with my very own eyes. It was his TV interview with Koppel, so yes you can prove it.[/QUOTE]

well, you threw it out there...go ahead and prove it....and please- no homemade, leftist/liberal sites either...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]well, you threw it out there...go ahead and prove it....and please- no homemade, leftist/liberal sites either...[/QUOTE]

So you think I'm lying? Nice...

I will look for it, but if you think Brown did not say exactly what I posted, you haven't been paying attention. It's one of the main reasons he got axed.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]So you think I'm lying? Nice...

I will look for it, but if you think Brown did not say exactly what I posted, you haven't been paying attention. It's one of the main reasons he got axed.[/QUOTE]

I know what he said on Koppel's show and I know you are completely wrong...