Thread: Donate to a better org than Red Cross

Donate to a better org than Red Cross

You can do better than 91% of donations going to program expenses

[url]http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm/bay/content.view/catid/68/cpid/310.htm[/url]

All Pro
    Uhh...

Did you even look to see what the term 'program expenses' means?

[QUOTE]Program Expenses: This measure reflects what percent of its total budget a charity spends on the programs and services it exists to deliver. Dividing a charity's program expenses by its total functional expenses yields this percentage. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Thor99]Uhh...

Did you even look to see what the term 'program expenses' means?[/QUOTE]

I know what program expenses mean, thank you very much. My point stands, you can donate to a charity that spends 95%+ of donations to programs expenses.

All League
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]I know what program expenses mean, thank you very much. My point stands, you can donate to a charity that spends 95%+ of donations to programs expenses.[/QUOTE]

Bound, you can't trash the Red Cross for dedicating 9% of funds towards Capex/Marketing/Human Cap/etc...........They are the premier organization in their field. You have to account a greater yield towards marketing/advertising alone.

i don't really trust the red cross after 9/11. They had to practically be sued to release Liberty Funds to victim's families.

[QUOTE=TerryBadway]Bound, you can't trash the Red Cross for dedicating 9% of funds towards Capex/Marketing/Human Cap/etc...........They are the premier organization in their field. You have to account a greater yield towards marketing/advertising alone.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trashing them. I'm just informing people of BETTER options that use MORE of your donations to what really matters.