Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Brady vs Pennington debate is over

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Brady vs Pennington debate is over

    For all our Jet fans who continue to think that Chad is either better than Brady or his equal, the KC debacle has effectively ended this silly debate. It's obvious that Pennington doesn't have the pocket presence or decisiveness of Brady, or why would he fumble 7 times? All those stupid threads about Brady vs Pennington should be laid to rest. Brady is far better and should be compared to the likes of Peyton Manning, and not lowered to the level of Pennington. Jet fans are just in denial when they think that Pennington is a top caliber QB. Get this straight in your brain - Chad is just an average QB with no special talent. He has a lousy arm, slow legs and an inability to improvise when the defense brings on the heat. Please, no more talk about how great Chad is; from Ken O'Brien to Browning Nagle, I've heard it heard it all.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Penny hasnt been in Brady's league since 2002.



    eLOT

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toledo Area, Ohio
    Posts
    1,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cradle2theJets
    For all our Jet fans who continue to think that Chad is either better than Brady or his equal, the KC debacle has effectively ended this silly debate. It's obvious that Pennington doesn't have the pocket presence or decisiveness of Brady, or why would he fumble 7 times? All those stupid threads about Brady vs Pennington should be laid to rest. Brady is far better and should be compared to the likes of Peyton Manning, and not lowered to the level of Pennington. Jet fans are just in denial when they think that Pennington is a top caliber QB. Get this straight in your brain - Chad is just an average QB with no special talent. He has a lousy arm, slow legs and an inability to improvise when the defense brings on the heat. Please, no more talk about how great Chad is; from Ken O'Brien to Browning Nagle, I've heard it heard it all.
    Later this season when the offense line gives Chad time to more than blink and he has a MUCH better grasp of the offense, Chad will prove he is a very good QB. Tom Brady?? no, but a QB that has the skills to take a "talented" team to the SB. Can he carry a large part of the load for a team?? Probably not, but with the team he has now and the defense the Jets will have at mid-season, he does not have to.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cradle2theJets
    For all our Jet fans who continue to think that Chad is either better than Brady or his equal, the KC debacle has effectively ended this silly debate. It's obvious that Pennington doesn't have the pocket presence or decisiveness of Brady, or why would he fumble 7 times? All those stupid threads about Brady vs Pennington should be laid to rest. Brady is far better and should be compared to the likes of Peyton Manning, and not lowered to the level of Pennington. Jet fans are just in denial when they think that Pennington is a top caliber QB. Get this straight in your brain - Chad is just an average QB with no special talent. He has a lousy arm, slow legs and an inability to improvise when the defense brings on the heat. Please, no more talk about how great Chad is; from Ken O'Brien to Browning Nagle, I've heard it heard it all.

    lol.. chad pennington is not even in doug fluties league... lol.. the pats qb's are all better..

    i think the jets are better with fiedler... he has a better arm.. being smart does not flank the fact that you cant make the tough throws.... the worst insult the the legend that is montana was made fun of with the comparisons... lol

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zonajetfan
    Later this season when the offense line gives Chad time to more than blink and he has a MUCH better grasp of the offense, Chad will prove he is a very good QB. Tom Brady?? no, but a QB that has the skills to take a "talented" team to the SB. Can he carry a large part of the load for a team?? Probably not, but with the team he has now and the defense the Jets will have at mid-season, he does not have to.

    you dont pay a qb 64 million to be a qb that you ask not to lose the game for you and just steer the ship... if you are paid 64 million you gotta be the man.. and he aint..

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elot
    Penny hasnt been in Brady's league since 2002.



    eLOT
    You bring up an excellent point. The last time the Pats lost at home was against the Jets in 2002 and Pennington outplayed Brady that night. If you had asked me to choose between the two at that moment in time, I would've chose Chad hands down. Pennington's crowning achievement was later that season against the Colts, where he thoroughly outplayed Manning in our 41-0 victory. He was being compared to Joe Montana at that time because he was so good. But somehow after the Oakland loss in the playoffs, where he played miserably, he's never been able to regain his confidence and swagger. It's sad.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,121
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was over years ago.

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tom Brady is an amazingly smart, poised and accurate QB. He is the best. I watch both the Colts and Pats this week and I once again walking away with envy over both of their QB's, but that being said, I find Brady to be the wiser, and better leader of the two.

    Brady just looks like he is in command of every second. Even when the D is on the field, Brady is standing off watching the game as the commander and cheif of that machine. Manning, as great as he is, still smirks his way over the bench pointing fingers and looking like a baby who lost their binky when they don't score. Brady walks over to the side line and does not get flustered and never let's his troops know that he is unhappy or upset. He just fires them up and talks to them and has complete confidence.

    That kid is special - just like Sapp said!

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cradle2theJets
    You bring up an excellent point. The last time the Pats lost at home was against the Jets in 2002 and Pennington outplayed Brady that night. If you had asked me to choose between the two at that moment in time, I would've chose Chad hands down. Pennington's crowning achievement was later that season against the Colts, where he thoroughly outplayed Manning in our 41-0 victory. He was being compared to Joe Montana at that time because he was so good. But somehow after the Oakland loss in the playoffs, where he played miserably, he's never been able to regain his confidence and swagger. It's sad.


    Of course, no one mentions how Brady played with a separated shoulder that game. He had surgery after the Miami game the following week and had we made the playoffs, he would NOT have been available to play.

    It's all for the better though. I actually enjoy having a NINE game playoff winning streak.

    );p

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dorchester Ma.
    Posts
    1,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad has had ONE thats right ONE good season in his entire career. That is old news, the debate ended seasons ago.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    An oldie but a goody, really quit relevant with the Jets impending doom just two weeks away. Enjoy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us