Thread: OT:Ryan Adams and the Cardinals

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

OT:Ryan Adams and the Cardinals

Anyone on the board listen to their album "Cold Roses" yet? I friggin love it, cant stop listening to it. I can't really say how its a departure from his solo stuff, but it sounds totally different to me. I never was a huge fan, but I think they knock it out of the park with this album. Best album Ive purchased in a while.

While Im on an OT music topic, is anyone going to see either the Frames and Josh Ritter or My Morning Jacket and Kathleen Edwards next month at Irving Plaza? Big fans of both Josh Ritter and Kathleen Edwards but don't really know much Frames or My Morning Jacket. If anyone is familiar with wither of those bands, give me a heads up of what songs/albums are worth checking out

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I got tickets to Cream yesterday...totally pumped :uhhuh:
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/dorio/Cream_Disraeli_gears.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You, my friend, have excellent taste in music. Ryan is my favorite living artist right now. Although, he is a bit of a prick.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin]I got tickets to Cream yesterday...totally pumped :uhhuh:
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/dorio/Cream_Disraeli_gears.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Cream is playing where?? How many of them are still alive??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]You, my friend, have excellent taste in music. Ryan is my favorite living artist right now. Although, he is a bit of a prick.[/QUOTE]

Like I said before, I listened to him before this new album. I have Love is Hell and Heartbreaker. I thought both were ok and had some songs I liked but Id never classify him as someone I really liked. This new album is just great. I almost didnt buy it because I was blah abouut his previous stuff. But he just clicks with this new band.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Cream is playing where?? How many of them are still alive??[/QUOTE]
    At the Garden in Oct....I thought clapton was the only one alive too, LOL...all three, the reviews from the London show were great! :cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lawyers, Guns and Money]Like I said before, I listened to him before this new album. I have Love is Hell and Heartbreaker. I thought both were ok and had some songs I liked but Id never classify him as someone I really liked. This new album is just great. I almost didnt buy it because I was blah abouut his previous stuff. But he just clicks with this new band.[/QUOTE]

Check out Gold too.. although he broke up with the Cardinals

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]Check out Gold too.. although he broke up with the Cardinals[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? That sucks. Did they even tour? I really wanted to see him with the Cardinals? Any reason given why?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw they are releasing another album in a few weeks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lawyers, Guns and Money]Are you serious? That sucks. Did they even tour? I really wanted to see him with the Cardinals? Any reason given why?[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I saw them twice. One time, Ryan melted down in front of the crowd and ended the show early (Philly). The next time, it was one of the best concerts of my life (Starland Ballroom in Sayreville). He's feast or famine in a live setting.

I heard a rumor about the Cardinals, let me try to confirm the breakup. And yeah, Ryan is putting out three albums this year... the 2nd one was already recorded, the 3rd might be solo

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw they are participationg in a Katrina benefit concert this sunday at Irving plaza! Taht friggin sucks. Noway Ill want to go after tailgating all day for the Miami game sunday!